facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Who is to blame?

The current situation seems like a totally manufactured problem. The classical answer is always the same - AL/BNP, the two ladies + jamat + ershad.

Or in summary -

Quote:
The AL should never have amended the constitution to end the caretaker government system, in the teeth of public opinion, giving the BNP a gilt-edged excuse to boycott the elections.

By the same token, it is pretty clear that the BNP had no desire to find any kind of mutually acceptable compromise short of the caretaker government, even though there were many workable possibilities that could have been arrived at through good faith negotiation. -

See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/op-ed/20....cv7NDo6J.dpuf
There is no solution in sight. But before finding a solution, which party/individual should bear the most responsibility for this current situation?

P.S. boss' thread has been hijacked with roshun/jeera fight. so decided to open a new thread.

Old December 10, 2013, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

The mango people AKA aam jonota should bear the blame. We got what we truly deserve
Old December 10, 2013, 01:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Hasina really didn't need to start this BS with the caretaker govt. She would've won otherwise IMO.
Old December 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

If there is a major political party today and their leadership that doesn't smell like you know what--i.e., that wouldn't sell their soul to Pakistan, India, heck The_Devil_Himself and if necessary kill as many souls as required to stay in power or get into power--I'd like to know which one it is! But hey even I can't argue against a plate of free Biryani
Old December 10, 2013, 10:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The mango people AKA aam jonota should bear the blame. We got what we truly deserve
but what have we done to deserve this? yes we elected them but did we have any other options on the ballot? b chowdhury's party didn't go anywhere. dr. yunus was a failure too.

but apnar statement partially correct. we are blind on party allegiance. tareq rahman stole thousands of crores of taka just from power sector. no one can deny that. but i have seen posters in dhaka saying "nirdhosh tarek rahman er desh ferot chai". same goes for AL crooks too.

when people don't have any option, they go for the next possible thing. which is to associate themselves with either party, karon jodi tader neta/boro bhai khomotai jai taholei toh shob loan/file chalachali shohoj howe jai.

it's a very complex situation now. AL started with by amending the constitution and now BNP continuing it oborodh, ershad providing some middle over drama, but let's hope jamat doesn't end with some fireworks in the slog overs.
Old December 11, 2013, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Common answers to the OP's question and my comments on why i feel they are not the answer

1) Hasina/Khaleda; If we get rid of these 2 , Bangladesh will finally see peace

Comment: No way, these 2 are leaders of 2 parties full of people who think like them. It is naive to think that removing them will automatically lead to a better situation unless everyone else does not change their confrontational mindset 180 degrees or if by the miraculous situation these 2 are replaced by 2 mature and responsible leaders.

2) Rajakars: The Jamaatis and BNP are causing all these problems. If they were eradicated in 1971, we would have had Shonar Bangla under Shaikh Hasina

Comment: Any normal Bangladesh can see the fallacy of blaming JI in 1971 for political problems today

3) India: India is keeping Bangladesh down

Comment: Nonsense, they are acting as any bossy big neighbor does, but they do not dictate our political circuses or oborodhs

4) Democracy. Bangladesh needs a good dictator, democracy has destroyed us

Comment: So who will get us the good dictator? If we get a genuinely good one (not someone in the mould of Khomeini, Chavez, Suharto), most Bangladeshis will support him. But democracy alone cannot be blamed as even in neighboring India and Pakistan they have matured and you have a situation where someone like Zardari peacefully transfers power after 5 years in power
Old December 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Who's to blame (or to praise) ?

In one simple sentence: The citizen of bangladesh who has the votinng righ to excercise.

Why? because in a fair "one to one" election, I believe still Hasina or Khaleda will win handily against any Bangladesh citizen. I am not saying they are evil or saint, I am just simply saying that.

We like to believe that people wants "negative two", but the reality is different. And that's why those two leading party cannot even think about their futurue without their leaders. The same is true for Ershad and his party also.