facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2010, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Default Shasti

I really don't get one thing.Why do our players always get away with it after playing so crappy?Look at pakistan,they are by far one of the most in disciplined team ever,plus the currrent situation of their country.Still when they are not performing,their board punishes them.Amader playerder moddhe oi jobabdihitar beparta nai.It doesn't seem that they are playing with the realisation of the responsibility that they have shouldered by puting on that team jersey.Seriously,I mean like they know that they won't really be punished for performing so badly and that's y they don't seem to care.I think the board should suspend players like Ash and aftab for a while.

Old May 7, 2010, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The problem is not with the players in the first place, it is with the management. If some player is not performing, just do not select him. For example, it is not Imrul's fault that he scores a pair or you can not not blame Mushfiq for dropping catches, because before selection you already know they will do that.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
The problem is not with the players in the first place, it is with the management. If some player is not performing, just do not select him. For example, it is not Imrul's fault that he scores a pair or you can not not blame Mushfiq for dropping catches, because before selection you already know they will do that.
yes i understand what you are trying to say but look at the match against the aussies.the whole batting line up failed to perform including shakib but he gets away with it coz he was the highest scorer and the rest of the team sucked.we have some of the best players in the t20 team currently ,though i admit that some selections were utterly non sensical,however if the "big" players fail thus,then they should definitely have to answer.most of the wickets that fell weren't unfortunate outs but our batters just gifted them away.therefore i feel that they have no sense of responsibility and should have to pay a dear price for it.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
The time has come to make our players accountable. They are keep doing the same mistake over and over again and hence became irresponsible. That is not accepted in this class of cricket!
Old May 7, 2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

First of all, PAKISTAN IS NOT DISCIPLINED
Old May 7, 2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Some punisments:
1) Making them wake up at fojorer wakt for prayers
2) Not allowing them to have naps at the afternoon
3) Making them play in the sunlight or heavy rain not matter what health problem they have
4) BD players are fond of Bhat, Polau, Birani..., from now on, they will not have any more of these
4) The should not have any match fee, if the continue to lose anymore
Old May 7, 2010, 11:40 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK420
Some punisments:
1) Making them wake up at fojorer wakt for prayers
2) Not allowing them to have naps at the afternoon
3) Making them play in the sunlight or heavy rain not matter what health problem they have4) BD players are fond of Bhat, Polau, Birani..., from now on, they will not have any more of these
4) The should not have any match fee, if the continue to lose anymore
Are u talking about BD footbal team there?
Old May 7, 2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

^^^^
We need to be more tough to our players. They do not do anything to show that they belong to the team. Look at Baikka Naeem. HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE SCORED 30+, not even more than the number of times Mushy dropped catches, in tests
Old May 7, 2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

Welcome back Nadim Bhai
Old May 7, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

talking about punishment? waiting for Tigers_eye bhai's post
Old May 7, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
I really don't get one thing.Why do our players always get away with it after playing so crappy?Look at pakistan,they are by far one of the most in disciplined team ever,plus the currrent situation of their country.Still when they are not performing,their board punishes them.Amader playerder moddhe oi jobabdihitar beparta nai.It doesn't seem that they are playing with the realisation of the responsibility that they have shouldered by puting on that team jersey.Seriously,I mean like they know that they won't really be punished for performing so badly and that's y they don't seem to care.I think the board should suspend players like Ash and aftab for a while.
Agree 100%.

But i think before we talk about suspending players like ash, Lets suspend the overhyped players like nayeem and that useless garbage called kayes. But nothing will ever be done untill we sack the whole BCB management. Full of corrupt money hungry selfish morons.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Who is going to punish them??

Loitta Kamal?? He is there for X number of years to make some more money.

The other BCB members?? They are too busy consolidating their position with the current regime.

The NSC President?? He doesn't care.

The Sports Minister?? He doesnt have a clue.

The Prime Minister?? C'mon. She's got better and far more important thing to do, and frankly, she shouldn't in the first place.

Other sporting fraternities by default?? They suck even more.

Biraler golae ghonta bajanor moto keu nei.

Cricket and cricketers are getting a free ride here. Too bad, nothing lasts forever, (even cold November rain).
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 7, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^^^
We need to be more tough to our players. They do not do anything to show that they belong to the team. Look at Baikka Naeem. HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE SCORED 30+, not even more than the number of times Mushy dropped catches, in tests
...its chokka naeem...loool everyone was getting hyped when he hit few sixes in domestic comp loool ,,,everyone was saying as if he was able to smash any bowlers
Old May 7, 2010, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Pak is one of the most disciplined teams???

Seriously, the thread should end right there.
Old May 7, 2010, 03:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

420 vs 98. I mean AK vs nadim. This is the matchup I was waiting to see.

By the way, Mohamadan coach refused to coach under sun or rain.
Old May 7, 2010, 03:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
First of all, PAKISTAN IS NOT DISCIPLINED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Pak is one of the most disciplined teams???

Seriously, the thread should end right there.
Both of u misunderstood what she wanted to say.
She wrote "in disciplined" which is actually "indisciplined" (without a space between),means not disciplined engh.
Old May 7, 2010, 08:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I don't think so at all that Pakistani players are the most disciplined. At this moment they are the most undisciplined players. When Pakistani players do not perform, their board makes really stupid decision like baning indefinitely- like they did to many players including Yusuf. This kind of decision does not help to build a good team. These are stupid decisions which are against the moral of human psychology.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Well, to begin, Pakistani players were not punished for bad performances, rather they were punished for creating divisions and friction in the team. The worst a player should get for his/her performance is getting dropped from the squad.
And, I really dislike when people question the commitment of the team, one has to understand there is a difference between commitment and quality. BD did not have the quality to beat Australia that day, its the harsh truth. If anyone saw the Ind-Aus game, they should know how good the Aussie bowlers were on that pitch. So, imo BD lacked quality, not commitment.
Tamim Iqbal had a broken hand, did not hold the bat for 2 weeks, yet he decided to take in pain killers and get in the field against Pak. Shakib Al Hassan had a hip injury for a year, he played the whole Windies/Zim tour with the aid of pain killers. BD players most of the time show great commitment, sometimes things can get awry but that should not make one question their commitment.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Let me just say it here and now....

Our standards are too low...we are okay with moral victories rather than winning and getting the job done...we are ok with leading an unfit life which is why our batsmen are feeble and our bowlers lack teeth...we are ok with having players like Ash in the team without pushing them to correct themselves...
Old May 8, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Just Ask why our standard is not improving. While the players are responsible for self improvement but it no country a player can improve alone.

We pay a coach and management for doing this job, if they have no clue they don't deserve the job. IMO, it is more of their failure (Coaching staff). It's not one player who is failing..........it's the team.
Old May 8, 2010, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Both of u misunderstood what she wanted to say.
She wrote "in disciplined" which is actually "indisciplined" (without a space between),means not disciplined engh.
thanks for pointing that out.typing error...
Old May 8, 2010, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
Agree 100%.

But i think before we talk about suspending players like ash, Lets suspend the overhyped players like nayeem and that useless garbage called kayes. But nothing will ever be done untill we sack the whole BCB management. Full of corrupt money hungry selfish morons.
with or without the more or less permanent players of the team, either ways we are always losing(i am not a pessimistic fan,just very disappointed one).so if we can leave out the so called"big" players,what have we got to lose,rather we can gain somewhat,i guess the devotion of the players.however,remember what happened quite a time back when the board commented against the players,there was like this gono podotyag by the players.so basically or players can make a fool of themselves and embarrass themselves as well as the nation in public and are happily ready to accept it but are not ready to accept critisism for it in public!where are their self esteem when they lose matckes like idiots?
Old May 8, 2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
I agree with you partially, but our management have less problems than those of PCB or BCCI, but this should not be only excuse of performing pathetically on the field. This management problem always exists, and will exist more or less, bias will exist, but most of our players must learn how to focus on the field and do their jobs in a satisfactory level.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
thanks for pointing that out.typing error...
That's a major mistake. You killed your own thread.

I know I misunderstood. But there's no more fun in this thread. Bye bye.
Old May 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

one shouldnt get punished just because he promises more and cant deliver, punishement should be fair and on performance alone. ash innings against pakistan was really something, he took us from nowhere to near victory and in the end there was no support . there are other people in the squad who failed more miserably.