facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 28, 2004, 07:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default A team matches

Countries like Bangladesh should have a strong second side of back up players. Only way to achieve it is to play more A side matches against Asian countries or neighbouring countries in different forms like 20 20 matches, ODI matches, and 3 day matches.

I think Bangladesh players should play against the counties of Pakistan, India, and Srilanka to get maximum exposure to develop the quallity.

Old April 9, 2005, 07:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

There should be atleast a pool of 25 players of good quality and talent to pick from
Old April 9, 2005, 02:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

If the number of quality players increases in first class level automatically the quality at the international level increases.

Look at county cricket of England and Australia. They are very serious in playing domestic matches to higher quality level.
Old April 9, 2005, 09:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Why waste your efforts in such posts when no one else is interested in such topics in this forum.
Old April 10, 2005, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

The majority may not be interested but some of us are. This topic atleast makes a valid point which is more than most topics opened nowadays.

Anyway, you are right ajithlalm, A and age level tours are very important but I think the BCB has done pretty well in that regard in recent times. I think they really need to work on jazzing up the NCL. This is just speculation of course but I get the feeling that our top players are really not committed to their NCL teams. They just play in matches in order to impress the selectors. And the ones that don't need to impress the selectors don't play. As a result, the intensity of the matches suffer. If our top players played for their divisional teams like it really mattered, it will have an impact on the other players as well.

Look at players from England or Australia. Boycott would tell you that playing for Yorkshire was just as much a thing of pride for him as playing for England. I've read interviews of Aussie players who have said that they have been involved in matches for NSW that have been more intense than Test matches that they have played. That is what we should try to aim for. Otherwise, the NCL will never serve its true purpose! We have discussed different ways of improving the NCL, from increasing players' wages to making top players play. I hope that the people within the BCB are also thinking about these issues.

Anyway, don't let the lack of responses discourage you from posting cricket related topics on this forum. Its easier to get more responses by posting a stupid topic, but there are enough people to do that!
Old April 10, 2005, 08:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

I think u r ryt " ajithlalm "!.. for last couple of months.. we c some tours of our A-team, and it should be continue for future...
Old April 10, 2005, 12:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by insideedge
Why waste your efforts in such posts when no one else is interested in such topics in this forum.
Don't waste ur own effort writting things like this.

The idea is pretty good.
Old April 10, 2005, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

LOL... this reminds me of my NZ vs. SL test (8 posts in a row)...

I think you are right ajithlalm. BD does need a larger pool of players. Look at Aussies. They second string side could still be good... not the best, but good nonetheless. Most test teams have back up players that can play. Only other team without backup other than BD is Zimbabwe... but that is for a seperate reason....

I think it is good to have more A team tours. We should also try to send sides to the Duleep trophy (a better one than this years). This will give our players experience against better players (kind of like a test match only with less intensity).
Old April 11, 2005, 04:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Let me throw my weight behind the support of a jazzed up League. A-team and stuff are going pretty well. Sham is on the money!
Old April 11, 2005, 08:10 PM
Club Cricketer

haha funny topic , The team ranking last at this stage at both sort of cricket ... Team like this never gonna play something else unless they know to play the first class match first .....
Old April 12, 2005, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

An idea... Our domestic league should have color jerssey, more cash, tv coverages, big reseption for the winning team and at least have a day or two free vacation tour for the best plyrs of the league and their friends after the league.. this will make the game more compititive and attack more crowd and money....

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 2:11 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old April 12, 2005, 10:44 AM
BC Editorial Team

Colored jerseys don't work in first-class cricket. The are for limited over matches only, the primary reason being the white ball. When you wear colored clothing, you have to use a white ball. Even the best white balls rarely keep color the full 50 overs of an OD match, let alone last 90 overs of a 1st class innings. Moreover, we are unlikely to play 1st class matches in a day-night form. You other suggestions are definitely food for thought
Old April 12, 2005, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

this is how i would like the domestic season to be when there's no international cricket or any other domestic league going on: we choose the 40 best players in the country, divide them up into 3 teams and make them play both an ODI and an FC tournament. declaring high, attractive prize money will bring out the best from the best, and will enable our players to face the best competition available off season.

however, how much interest this will generate among the general mass is a different issue. the correct approach could do wonders to the number of people gathering in the stands though.

Edited on, April 12, 2005, 3:54 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old April 12, 2005, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

This might be stupid to some but here is my idea: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka should take all there domestic league teams and put them together to make huge cricket league. That way players from different countries get play agaist your and other countries players. I think that will create better players for each country in the future. And better money for players (mostly for BD players) so they can concentrate on cricket more than running another business to take care of their family.
If something like that happens. There will be tv coverages for sure. Just look at Soccer league in Europe or NHL(although there isn't any now) or NBA.

Thats just an idea. What do you think ppl?
Old April 12, 2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The divisional first class league is hard to make popular. BCB should start another first class tournament (can be knock out) with popular cricket clubs like Abahoni, Mohammeda, Biman. Then you will see how quick it gets poplular and cometitive.
Old April 12, 2005, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

generating interest is the main element of concern here. once that is done, quality will come automatically.

sending the A and U-19 teams abroad is a great way to expand the players' experience. however, if that is not possible all year round, then we should create conditions similar to the ones they would have faced on tour. for example, we can make bouncy wickets (ok, i know that's not gonna happen as i've been hearing about it for the last 7/8 years or so) so that our players don't go crazy facing the aussies or the south africans in their own backyard. things like this will also enable us to develop a greater variety in our bowling attack (e.g we'll have more pacers coming up rather than an agonizingly long list of SLA's).
Old April 13, 2005, 12:43 AM
Test Cricketer

dhaka club cricket should be first class cricket. that is the most popular and the players will make more money so it will be more competitive. 10 team plays eachother in one day and four days with upto 3 foreign players should be really great for our cricket. if we creat strong domestic league then our national team will improve because domestic cricket is where the players comes out of. whomever performs in domestic cricket should get a spot if open in the a-team or u-19 team and if players performs in the a-team then they should get a call for the national team if a spot is open. a-team should be the backup for the national team and players from the a-team should be selected from teh domestic tournaments like NCL. but i would want to see dhaka league as a first class league.
Old April 13, 2005, 02:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thank you Sham, cricket_pagla, aka, and all the guys for the support fot his topics...

Some guys out there thinks this is one stupid topic.

Let me make it clear. First class cricket and A team matches and exposure to the other domestic cricket is important because it will give players more experience and bring more good quality players. Also A team matches helps to improve the quality and brings quality palyers for playing international matches.

Look at every country that is top in International level. There their domestic competition is tougher and they have second string of players who can play at international level. Take case of Australia, Aussies can easy play all second string of players and defeat a country like Zimbabwe. Infact, many countries who toured there have lost to the county teams or the domestic teams.

I agreed with akabir77 to bring color jersy and tv coverage to domestic cricket, but it should be either Twenty Twenty cricket or ODI matches in domestic level. Look at Srilanka they got the Tv coverage by Tensports for Twenty Tweny matches to various asian countries. Twenty Twenty is something new to look at. If we divide all players of Bangladesh to A, B, and C team and have a Twenty Twenty matches say 7 to 10 matches total. I am sure that it will get TV coverage all over asia by either ESPN or Tensports.

Logen I agree with your idea of dividing India, Pakistan, Srilanka, and Bangladesh players into say 5 to 10 team and mixing all the players and having ODI competeitions for a season or off season of international level. I think time has come to make good ideas like this to cricket. This is not a stupid idea. It is a very good idea. Say you can watch Sewag and Afridi opening in a team Sanath Jaysurya and Tendulkar in another team. Who would score more. It would be wonderful to watch them.

Same way Soccer, Basketball, etc we can have matches playing against different clubs of different countries. It would be wonderful to watch. I agree with your idea. If it is in colored dress and day night I am sure there would be TV coverage
Old April 13, 2005, 02:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

sending the A and U-19 teams abroad is a great way to expand the players' experience as stated by AsifTheManRahman

We would like to hear Bangladesh A team beats Australia A team or Bangladesh U-19 teams beats Australia U-19 team

Also, it brings more quality cricket.

We cannt make bouncy pitches against matches at international levels and watch the visitors bowl our team cheaply.

but A team and U-19 we can afford so and bring more pacy bowlers.
Old April 13, 2005, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

welll bangladesh u19 has beaten Australia u19 2 times in a row in Australia.
Old April 13, 2005, 09:49 AM
Club Cricketer

It's 3rd time in a row since we beat them in Bangladesh .......... But howbout our seniors ? Can they do it ? May be after all the aussie big guns retires ..........
Old April 13, 2005, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Most probably after 5 to 8 years.

heheee when all the big guns retires and when new faces comes.

Most probably they would be weaker when all big guns retires because all of them are in the 30 to 35
Old April 14, 2005, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

they wont get weaker. they have an A team that is capable of beating the national team. there were a couple of games a few years ago between the national and A teams, and the A team one a handful. i'll dig up the source and post it here for you if i come across it some day .

they can field an A side any day (and i mean one containing none of the current best 20 or so), and continue taking over the world.

Edited on, April 14, 2005, 4:17 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old April 14, 2005, 11:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

The only problem with aussies is that they are getting older and their age. Otherwise, they have a very good team for atleast 25 to 30 players with very good quality. Thats why they are the best.

Look even Beaven or Bichel couldnt get a contract or play for Aussies. If Beaven or Bichel were in Bangladesh or Ziimbabwe he could be the captain of the team. If any of them was in any developing teams they could get test status within 2 years. Such is the aussies backup of players and standard of quality