facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 15, 2011, 11:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff
Default Of coloniasm and sundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
mike dennees or dennees the menace as he was named by the media is the one you are looking for. there's a decent wiki pages on the issue, look it up. he did all he could to prove his own racism without explicitly naming it so. people of his generation, who grew up under the shadow of the raj are most bitter about India moving up, they blame us for destroying the empire. we get most of the stick and associated hostile press (remember the cooked up stories by aussie media during C'wealth games ?) because we are moving up and are a threat to the prevailing world order. you will get it too in a few years time, don't worry.although they would be a little used to the situation by then.
Lol. Typical delusional and insecure Indians. Accusing others of racism by making racist comments themselves. We've seen it all before.

And you are moving up? In what category? Over-population? Disparity between the rich and the poor? Poor living standards for the vast majority of the people? That's why you are 122th in the Human Development Index, while the countries you hate are 2nd (Australia) and 26th (UK) respectively.

Old July 15, 2011, 11:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
And you are moving up? In what category? Over-population? Disparity between the rich and the poor? Poor living standards for the vast majority of the people? That's why you are 122th in the Human Development Index, while the countries you hate are 2nd (Australia) and 26th (UK) respectively.
Cannot digest your ex slave standing up to you guys....Get used to it .very soon you will need to start bending over for us without us asking for it.
Old July 15, 2011, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

ah jonas, I was waiting for you to appear. so tell me, how is your criminal nation doing with the looted wealth from India and other colonies ? how about you return what is ours and then we will see where we stand respectively ?
I don't hate australia or UK, merely the hypocritical attitude of some of their residents. you though, hate India, don't you ? it's ok, understandable.

India's poor are India's concern, it's not our poverty that disturbs the empire wannabes but the increased political and economic influence. like J-LR, corrus, UK's increased marginalisation in the international community and so on. get it ?
Old July 15, 2011, 11:28 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

ok going off board from the original discussion..i think u should stop
Old July 15, 2011, 11:32 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
ah jonas, I was waiting for you to appear. so tell me, how is your criminal nation doing with the looted wealth from India and other colonies ? how about you return what is ours and then we will see where we stand respectively ?
I don't hate australia or UK, merely the hypocritical attitude of some of their residents. you, though hate India, don't you ?
lol!!!...neel vai ki comment dilen!!..amar akta friend er kotha mone pore galo...o akbar bukingham palace er pas diye jachilo to dakhe ak syloti beta bose pan khache r paner pik feltese..to amar friend ta betake jigges korlo vai ekhane paner pik felen na...tokhon syleti beta ore charpas dakhay bole "u see all of this?...ora amader 200 bochor rajotto korse..amader 7 rajar dhon churi kore agula ai j ase paser building gula banaise..ai building gulay amar bap dadar sompotti ase..ekhane pic fela amar right!!..."
Old July 15, 2011, 11:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Cannot digest your ex slave standing up to you guys....Get used to it .very soon you will need to start bending over for us without us asking for it.
Oh, you think of yourselves as ex-slaves? What a self-esteemed nation you are!

Quote:
Yeah, before the British came, India was a democratic nation with a parliament and rule of law, and its residents had so much wealth they didn't know what to do with it. NOT. India was ruled by emperors, kings and landlords who used to torture the living hell out of their subjects. And after the British taught them about democracy, parliaments, human rights they start to blame them for their misery. Great!

Quote:
ok going off board from the original discussion..i think u should stop
I agree. This was a discussion about cricket, umpiring and BCCI. Notice who brought racism, colonialism etc into it.
Old July 15, 2011, 11:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Bhai ami english ato valo parina kintu keu ki aktu jonas vai ke nil chasi der upor ottachar er kahini..amader sonar banglay tader mohot pa ta porar por je durvokho suru holo se kahini gula source soho oti adorer sathe bujhay dite parbe valo english e?
Old July 16, 2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, before the British came, India was a democratic nation with a parliament and rule of law, and its residents had so much wealth they didn't know what to do with it. NOT. India was ruled by emperors, kings and landlords who used to torture the living hell out of their subjects. And after the British taught them about democracy, parliaments, human rights they start to blame them for their misery. Great!

I agree. This was a discussion about cricket, umpiring and BCCI. Notice who brought racism, colonialism etc into it.
Jonas - I think you should get your History right. Yes we were ruled by Kings and No there was no torture as you put it. Mostly the Kings were fair. In fact even today there is a special place in our hearts for the esrtwhile royal families. The British concept of democracy or rather the European concept made a claer distinction. All rights laid with the Anglo Saxons - for starters go through the ex cases against the natives from the Royal High Court in London and the Calcutta Supreme Court. Bias will be noted. Thirdly - heard of Indians in South Africa? West Indies? Sumatra? Singapore? Hong Kong? Seychelles?....want to figure out how they landed there? Yes - by Slave boats owned and run by honorable men with Titles of Jardine and Henderson - erstwhile of Luton Town. They were slave traders out to supply workers for the Cane and Cotton farms in the British territories.

And yes there is racism - in the European society. Even today they are not willing to share the High Table. Read a book - easy to read by Niall Ferguson - called West and the Rest.....

Coming to wealth - do you think when the Europeans came to India, they came to provide us education and the rule of law? Bullshit! They came for money - and oh yes we had a plenty then also. Just as an aside - did you read about the USD 25 Billion recently found in a temple - wealth dating back 600 years? And that is a smallish temple. We still have more gold than the whole world put together many times over. And no we cannot take the wealth away from the temples just as the Vatican cannot part with theirs to save Greece!
Old July 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Those references are the only terms people with your mindset understand.

Quote:
India was ruled by emperors, kings and landlords who used to torture the living hell out of their subjects. And after the British taught them about democracy, parliaments, human rights they start to blame them for their misery.
Probably when you reach middle school,you may be taught about this Bengal_famine_of_1943 event caused by the great Brits whom you worship.
Old July 16, 2011, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Such a great thread and a great discussion going on and then all of a sudden this stuff comes in. Can we just stop with this garbage and get back on topic? If you guys wanna talk about history then talk about it in the forget cricket section. Not here.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 16, 2011, 01:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Such a great thread and a great discussion going on and then all of a sudden this stuff comes in. Can we just stop with this garbage and get back on topic? If you guys wanna talk about history then talk about it in the forget cricket section. Not here.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
What great thread,perhaps BC should have a Hate India/BCCI section and keep posting all the hate threads there.
Old July 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Off-topic threads moved to FC - mod
Old July 16, 2011, 10:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Ooohh accha ami boli, I call this a Bewaarish Thread....nobody knows how this was born...people are talking, jamin, spanking each other, all of sudden Ffrroooorroot...it (the bewarish baby thread) came out right here...nobody knows who the father or the mother is...! Orphange, Yatim-khana and the rough and tough Dhaka's streets where this thread will one day die like a person we will never really know. Come to think about it, I see parrallal(spell) between the thread and my human life.