facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2009, 05:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Why do we have to hire inept foreign coaches??

Surely this siddons dude has no credentials whatsoever......might as well hire an autralian cabbie or something............Why cant we hire former players or local coaches whove been there at youth level etc.......and language is another problem most of payers cant even speak basic english and thus find it harder to understand as well

Old July 14, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

A coach is as good as the team. For a team like BD, technically sounds coaches are a musat as we don't get technically sound players in the squad. So, we have to hire foreign coaches, though the choices are becoming increasingly narrow with time.
Old July 14, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

we should look at Balwinder Shidhu (who coached the Warriors).
Old July 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Psst, pro-tip.

When you are going to bag a coach, wait until just after his team loses.

Bagging him just after an away win with little preperation just makes you look stupid.
Old July 14, 2009, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakib12
Surely this siddons dude has no credentials whatsoever......might as well hire an autralian cabbie or something............Why cant we hire former players or local coaches whove been there at youth level etc.......and language is another problem most of payers cant even speak basic english and thus find it harder to understand as well
This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in some time. We've hired inept foreign coaches in the past (Mohsin Kamal, Trevor Chappell), but to call Jamie Siddons "inept" borders on absurd. Replace him with Australian cabbie? You clearly have NO idea what this guy's credentials are. Before Siddons, our coach was Whatmore. Are you calling him inept too? How about Gordon Greenidge?

As for language, are you suggesting we get a Bangladeshi coach given that is the ONLY language that these guys are wholly comfortable speaking? Or are you one of those people who thinks watching the occasional Bollywood movie makes one a fluent Hindi/Urdu speaker so we should hire an Indo or a Paki? With respect to the former, I can't think of anybody less qualified than a Bangladeshi to coach our national team. And on the latter, Indos and Pakis are the second least qualified group to coach a national team.

For God's sake, these guys are discussing cricket, not Shakespeare. A minimal command of English will suffice, thank you very much.
Old July 14, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:

Why do we have to have inept people on forums

Surely this sakib12 guy has no cricketing knowledge whatsoever.... might as well sign up some random australian fan or something................ why cant we have real fans who dont spew random crap.... and language is another problem many posters cant even speak (or write) basic english and thus making it harder for others to understand as well
Old July 14, 2009, 06:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Jamie Siddons rules.He is not going anywhere. I dont think BCB is even thinking about letting him go now and if any BCB member do it will be just like writing his own suicide note.
Old July 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahahaah...Akib bahi is super funny...you rule Akib bhai!!
In Baldie uncle we trust! Jamie chacha rules!
Old July 14, 2009, 07:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

I know I shouldn't but, LOL @ Akib - good stuff! I cannot resist a good sarcastic dig, as my asterisk lover post should indicate.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib

Surely this sakib12 guy has no cricketing knowledge whatsoever.... might as well sign up some random australian fan or something................ why cant we have real fans who dont spew random crap.... and language is another problem many posters cant even speak (or write) basic english and thus making it harder for others to understand as well
Good one. Umm...no offense anyone.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib

pwned.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Meh, when I can't understand what someone has written, I ask nicely and someone usually translates.

I mean, this is a web site for the Bangladesh cricket team. Although a lot of Bangladeshis do speak, read and write English ... last I knew, it wasnt the country's official language.

Actually, I think with a day or so's work. I could get some passable conversational Bengali, but the conversations would all be bitching about Mohammed Ashraful
Old July 14, 2009, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Meh, when I can't understand what someone has written, I ask nicely and someone usually translates.

I mean, this is a web site for the Bangladesh cricket team. Although a lot of Bangladeshis do speak, read and write English ... last I knew, it wasnt the country's official language.

Actually, I think with a day or so's work. I could get some passable conversational Bengali, but the conversations would all be bitching about Mohammed Ashraful
Probably :P
Old July 14, 2009, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Why do we hire foreign coaches ? because we dont have local ones that are as good as the foreign coaches, I doubt any of our local coaches are at international level.
Old July 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
blah blah blah blah ...
Dude, take a break from all that drinking. Pay attention to reality. You don't need to quit the dope, just learn BD cricket history. That should do.
Old July 15, 2009, 12:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Just compare Siddons First class career to our best batsman Mohammed Ashraful lol, you will get the answer. Useless and Brainless thread.
Old July 15, 2009, 01:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Noya Pagol er amdani.
(NPA).
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 15, 2009, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

i think the guy who opened this thread was feeling........
Old July 15, 2009, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru

lol so many random threads!
Old July 15, 2009, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
i think the guy who opened this thread was feeling........
emo?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 15, 2009, 03:15 AM
Club Cricketer

lol this is so stupid...the knowledge of foreign coaches will OWN bd coaches anyday...if we relied on bd coaches..their solution to everything wud be

"giv us time"..all talk n no action. no nothing idea about strategising n wat not. just look at people likes michael holdings commentry on bowling..the guys a genious. then u look at the way the westerners dissect a batsmens technique...bd coaches would never be able to liv upto those skills...maybe after 10 yers wen our domestic infrastructure demands that sort of knowledge.

anyway..this thread is useless..there are countless other threads for the coach. n put simply- coach is somewhat to blame..the players shud cop the responsibility for the lack of ability n willingness to learn.

ur parents can teach u as much as they want..but its upto u to show some substance n learn.
Old July 15, 2009, 03:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Though it's a bad time for the call.
But we shouldn't be carried away and make woofy comments as Dr. Z would say. JS never Rulz .. he only Sukz ..

If u take an acount of his policies adopted with BD cricket since he arrived, were all criticized and abandoned. Have a look at the strugling team performances, lack of skills etc; one doesn't need to be genius to understand the worthless-ness of the coach.

This coach is neither good in upbringing the players properly nor capable of putting up a proper match strategy. Had it been a little experienced opponent we could have missed the victory. We should have gone allout in the last day first session. we got 22 runs in 75 or so balls playing too slow in that situation which wasn't the approach for winning. Even if they played T20 with last five wkts, we would have added more than 22 and consume lesser balls losing 5 wkts. Our strategy would make it a draw. It was our good luck that we were allout or else we were playing for a draw. So I give nothing to the coach for this victory.
Old July 15, 2009, 05:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Though it's a bad time for the call.
But we shouldn't be carried away and make woofy comments as Dr. Z would say. JS never Rulz .. he only Sukz ..

If u take an acount of his policies adopted with BD cricket since he arrived, were all criticized and abandoned. Have a look at the strugling team performances, lack of skills etc; one doesn't need to be genius to understand the worthless-ness of the coach.

This coach is neither good in upbringing the players properly nor capable of putting up a proper match strategy. Had it been a little experienced opponent we could have missed the victory. We should have gone allout in the last day first session. we got 22 runs in 75 or so balls playing too slow in that situation which wasn't the approach for winning. Even if they played T20 with last five wkts, we would have added more than 22 and consume lesser balls losing 5 wkts. Our strategy would make it a draw. It was our good luck that we were allout or else we were playing for a draw. So I give nothing to the coach for this victory.
how do u even know for sure it was the coaches call?..cudnt it have been mashrafes?..n for the run rate..was siddons batting out there?

tamim even thanked siddons...u blame the coach for the struggling team performence..is he playing the game for u?..there is nothing to suggest he hasnt tried to teach the players..ur beloved players arent the brightest of characters mate.

this is just stupid..typical subcontinental mentality..always blame the coach
Old July 15, 2009, 06:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
how do u even know for sure it was the coaches call?..cudnt it have been mashrafes?..n for the run rate..was siddons batting out there?

tamim even thanked siddons...u blame the coach for the struggling team performence..is he playing the game for u?..there is nothing to suggest he hasnt tried to teach the players..ur beloved players arent the brightest of characters mate.

this is just stupid..typical subcontinental mentality..always blame the coach
So you atleast accept the error of strategy. It was his job to put the strategy for the team, not Mash. If he was laying eggs and mash has done it, he bears the responsibility; no choice of speculation. You even didn't bother to put a blame of Mash while he isn't responsible for doing it You are too logical my friend

This is absolutely, typical subcontinental mentality to pamper someone if his color of skin is different. However illogical it is...
Old July 15, 2009, 06:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
So you atleast accept the error of strategy. It was his job to put the strategy for the team, not Mash. If he was laying eggs and mash has done it, he bears the responsibility; no choice of speculation. You even didn't bother to put a blame of Mash while he isn't responsible for doing it You are too logical my friend

This is absolutely, typical subcontinental mentality to pamper someone if his color of skin is different. However illogical it is...
its not a matter of skin colour wen deciding who to pamper. its just principles- dont always jump on the coach wen ur team stuff up.

im not blaming anyone, im just questioning the validity of criticising the coach.