facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default Tushar and Aftab ..what happened..!!

What happened to Tushar Imran and Aftab Ahmed Chaudury ( ! )

I have never seen those two are doing well in at least two matche.

Tushar got good hand and he can play good shot and same does Aftab, But if u can't select the bowl for playing..how can u improve.

Tushar Imran and Aftab was out for very cheaply. Specialy aftab who gave his wicket away !

I don't really think this two position are really goood for BD.

What u lot think......

Old June 30, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

kaput.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

You mean Aftab is not good for Bangladesh?
Old June 30, 2005, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

I don't see there is any hope with Tushar. But Aftab can do much better if he matures more like Ashraful. He is still very young and needs time to grow. a rather compulsive stroke player he is.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

They're having the odd "bad days". They'll bounce back. It's just a matter of time. There's no need to get panicky or get worked up over a few failures here and there. We'll have to stick with them and groom them for future.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:45 PM
Banned

I mean Why Aftab gives his wicket away......!!!!

He is in good form as well but if u give your wicket away like this then I am afraid to say...U will necer be a batter cricketer...!!!

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 8:48 PM GMT, by Umar.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Aftab actually did decent with the ball. He is a fill-in bowler for us, a department we admittedly lack in. His economy rate was 4.8, below the asking rate. So I'd say he didn't have that bad a match.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

yeah, his bowling is ok.....but he needs to concentrate on batting...(he is only a part time bowler remember)..

His main job is batting i suppose..

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 8:50 PM GMT, by Umar.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
kaput.
fazal,
do you speak greek? kaput means 'finished' in greek. i hope you did not mean that.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Not only we expect a lot from Aftab and Tushar, We need at least one of them shines in every match. One 40+ run in every two match is not a very big expectation from a Key batsman. Here comes the quality, that only Javed and Pilot could show. May uporwala give them that maturity/quality. Today, we were just short of a Bashar type of innings from either Ash or Aftab or Tushar. That could change the result.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Aftab will be fine. He is very talented. Today he got out to a soft dismissal. last game, he had to up the ante, thanks to Golla and got out trying to hit down the ground off Giles. Tushar Imran is not an ideal no.3. Not quite sure why they persisted with him there, as if to prove a point. He looks technically inadequate against the faster bowlers and would have done better at no.5, a place better suited for his style. Ahh..I don;t think he is permanent solution. They could have tried Nafis Iqbal at no.3 though..
Old June 30, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Umar
yeah, his bowling is ok.....but he needs to concentrate on batting...(he is only a part time bowler remember)..

His main job is batting i suppose..

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 8:50 PM GMT, by Umar.
Yeah we all know that. Don't you think you know the answer to the question "WHY did he give his wicket away?" Do you think he intentionally got out? It was a mistake, of course and I'm sure he regrets it more than anybody else. We can wallow over his dismissal forever, but I think most people including the selectors will agree that Aftab has been one of the bright points of our tour and it is too early to get disappointed over a couple of failures. Consistency is a major problem with each and every of our players. We need to overcome that collectively, and our performance will rise.
Old June 30, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
fazal,
do you speak greek? kaput means 'finished' in greek. i hope you did not mean that.
I thought it also means "spoiled" or "noshto" in German.

As for Tushar, this series pretty much spoiled his hope of any future in the national team. He is no #3 batsman. And constantly playing him at #3 (even he failed most of the time), the selectors pretty much ruined his career. For him its now or never, because within next few years, there will few more u-19 players knocking the door.

For Aftab, he started well in Test match, but faded quickly in the ODI. He should be tried at #3. In other thread someone backed up with stats. So that he can set in crease first before start attacking. But he is young and most likely will recover. But I think his perormance in ODi pretty much spoiled all the charm that fans were hoping for from him in ODI.

In both cases its the selectors who have to take some of the blame. But the end result, its a "spoiled" taste in my mouth.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 9:09 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 30, 2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
fazal,
I thought it also means "spoiled" or "noshto" in German.

As for Tushar, this series pretty much spoiled his hope of any future in the national team. He is no #3 batsman. And constantly playing him at #3 (even he failed most of the time), the selectors pretty much ruined his career. For him its now or never, because within next few years, there will few more u-19 players knocking the door.

For Aftab, he started well in Test match, but faded quickly in the ODI. He should be tried at #3. In other thread someone backed up with stats. So that he can set in crease first before start attacking. But he is young and most likely will recover. But I think his perormance in ODi pretty much spoiled all the charm that fans were hoping for from him in ODI.

In both cases its the selectors who have to take some of the blame. But the end result, its a "spoiled" taste in my mouth.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 9:09 PM GMT, by Fazal.
i understand what you are saying but in cricket you will hardly find anyone who is scoring 100% consistently. bd can't afford to shuffle players now and then. bd has to pick the players who have good techniques,skills and willingness to improve and stick with them even if they fail number of times. thats the only way they will get experienced.
so, no kaput.
Old June 30, 2005, 05:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

For those who like Aftab at #3 - and I can see the merits of that - it is my belief that Aftab is the best Bevan-like player we have. By that I mean someone who can rotate strike effectively and yet manufacture the boundary shot when needed. Ash right now is not a good rotator. I think this is the reason why Aftab is #5. The idea is that if early wickets fall, he can play the long innings, if we are chasing, he can play the Bevan role, and if we are setting up a total and have wickets in hand, he can go have a tonk.
Old June 30, 2005, 05:29 PM
Club Cricketer

I haven't seen anything good coming out of the old hag Tushar. I recommend we drop him. He is horrible against the short ball.
Old June 30, 2005, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by left-hander
I haven't seen anything good coming out of the old hag Tushar. I recommend we drop him. He is horrible against the short ball.
i am glad that you are not one of the selector otherwise we might see a 11 new faces in the srilanka tour!
Old June 30, 2005, 06:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Tushar! Disappointing!Played across and was bowled! We need who plays with full face of the bat.Aftab now and then fishes out side the off stump.Still young!Bright prospect!
Old June 30, 2005, 06:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Aftab is a class batsman. I do not have any faith on Tushar.
Aftab is suited on position 3.
Old June 30, 2005, 06:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by Mon
I don't see there is any hope with Tushar. But Aftab can do much better if he matures more like Ashraful.
Aftab is far more mature than Ashraful! Ash bats with the word "danger" revolving around him, while Aftab is a fluent strokeplayer, who have played a number of circumspect innings.

Tushar is not a player who I think Bangladesh can count as a player to build the team around, whereas players like Aftab, Ash, both Nafees are... so Tushar, to me, is no more than the alternate 6th batsman of BD.
Old June 30, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
... so Tushar, to me, is no more than the alternate 6th batsman of BD.
and all along they are playing him at #3 unsuccessfully. Am I crazy or the selectors are? or both?
Old June 30, 2005, 06:51 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

What happened to tushar and aftab?

to afab, just a few bad games. he did good before, did good in this series in previous matches and will do good in the future.

about tushar, what happened? NOTHING. this is what he is. he is never anybody and never will be.
Old June 30, 2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

Old June 30, 2005, 07:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
and all along they are playing him at #3 unsuccessfully. Am I crazy or the selectors are? or both?
Fazal you are not crazy, the selectors are. They still cant figure what can be done to something that is not working. Or do they sometimes even realise that something is actually not working ?