facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2011, 02:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan
Thumbs up Saber wants BCB board elected.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board should hold elections to elect its president if it wants to see the development of cricket, former BCB president Saber Hossain Chowdhury said on Friday. The president of the cricket board is now selected by the government.
Saber, who ran the board from 1996 to 2001, said this as he was talking on how to make the board more effective during the opening of Schwan, a restaurant owned by Mohammad Ashraful, at Basabo in Dhaka.
‘I think that the president of the board should be elected,’ Saber told reporters.
‘In the 2000 extraordinary general meeting in Cox’s Bazar, we proposed that the president of the board should be elected,’ Saber said.
‘I think that it will again be a case of nomination but the sooner we go for an elected body of the board, the better,’ he added.
Saber thinks that the government should not have the total control over the board as the board is not dependent on government as other federations are.
‘When a federation is dependent on the government, there remains the scope for the government to be in control. As the cricket board is not dependent on the government, it should not be controlled by the government,’ Saber said.
‘I think that the annual budget of the board might be bigger than that of the National Sports Council. I think that time has come and the board should come out of government control. The board might have an observer of the government,’ he said.
Saber also said that the board had not given any clear picture of its vision, which is a must to assess its progress. ‘Even if it has any such vision, it is not clear.’
‘We see nothing called vision of the board. When I was on the board, we also failed to see where we want see the Bangladesh cricket in 10 years,’ he said.
He asked the board to give importance to setting the goals and to work to achieve the goals in time.
‘The board should also give importance to goals and their achievement,’ Saber said.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/21995.html

Old June 10, 2011, 02:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan
Thumbs up Saber wants BCB board elected

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/21995.html

The Bangladesh Cricket Board should hold elections to elect its president if it wants to see the development of cricket, former BCB president Saber Hossain Chowdhury said on Friday. The president of the cricket board is now selected by the government.
Saber, who ran the board from 1996 to 2001, said this as he was talking on how to make the board more effective during the opening of Schwan, a restaurant owned by Mohammad Ashraful, at Basabo in Dhaka.
‘I think that the president of the board should be elected,’ Saber told reporters.
‘In the 2000 extraordinary general meeting in Cox’s Bazar, we proposed that the president of the board should be elected,’ Saber said.
‘I think that it will again be a case of nomination but the sooner we go for an elected body of the board, the better,’ he added.
Saber thinks that the government should not have the total control over the board as the board is not dependent on government as other federations are.
‘When a federation is dependent on the government, there remains the scope for the government to be in control. As the cricket board is not dependent on the government, it should not be controlled by the government,’ Saber said.
‘I think that the annual budget of the board might be bigger than that of the National Sports Council. I think that time has come and the board should come out of government control. The board might have an observer of the government,’ he said.
Saber also said that the board had not given any clear picture of its vision, which is a must to assess its progress. ‘Even if it has any such vision, it is not clear.’
‘We see nothing called vision of the board. When I was on the board, we also failed to see where we want see the Bangladesh cricket in 10 years,’ he said.
He asked the board to give importance to setting the goals and to work to achieve the goals in time.
‘The board should also give importance to goals and their achievement,’ Saber said.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Totally agree with him. This is what ICC is trying to do now. They won't allow any government interference after 2012. The board presidents must be elected.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I hope this actually gets to see the day light..We dont want to see people like Butt or Lotus running the show anymore..
Old June 10, 2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I say forget election. Just bring Saber right now. Then reorg the board with election and vision.

We don't have any leadership.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Duplicate thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=37584

Mods please merge threads.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Wacthed him in Ash's restaurant opening ceremony.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Well at least some people aren't afraid to speak out. .
Old June 10, 2011, 09:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Good going Saber. Saber Hossain Choudhury has been Bangladesh's best ever board president, but remember, at the end of the day, he is a politician too, and he will not be flawless.

but Bangladesh cricket needs another term under him indeed.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old June 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Ooohhhooo you lucky Simon bhaio, how did you like the food, was Ash eating too...was he running the kitchen as well? how was the menu? How was the price? Tell us the menu please?] Schawan...what is this chinese food? Or other oriental food? Do you have pics Simon bhai, please post bhaio thank you!!!
Old June 11, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Saber hossain is an exceptional AL leader and a capable man. Agree with him
Old June 11, 2011, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Saber hossain was a very good board president, it is true but he could realise first in 2000 at the last moment of his term that we need election. Why he couldn't understand 1996 at the begining of his work. If he thought at begining it might possible. But last time every body thought he tried to stay another term. It is true too. All of our politicians basically take step at last moment to keep their post.

Last edited by deshimon; June 11, 2011 at 07:01 AM..
Old June 11, 2011, 06:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Ooohhhooo you lucky Simon bhaio, how did you like the food, was Ash eating too...was he running the kitchen as well? how was the menu? How was the price? Tell us the menu please?] Schawan...what is this chinese food? Or other oriental food? Do you have pics Simon bhai, please post bhaio thank you!!!
bujhee kom bhai,I apologize for not having mentioned that I watched him on TV.
but I did use the verb "Watch" ,not "See"
Old June 11, 2011, 07:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Too bad Saber has been on the wrong side of "Apa".
He should have been the Board President in the first place.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 11, 2011, 07:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Saber would have been a better option. Poor guy
Old June 11, 2011, 09:07 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Totti, De Rossi, Pizzaro

Saber Hossain was by far the best BCB president. Obviously not flawless, yet one of the most capable men in BD to lead a project. Wished another term of his for the advancement of cricket. If not, maybe in some other project for the country. But darn this politics. and just to reitarate everyone's opininion,
i cant stand loitta
Old June 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

elected by who?