facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2014, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Associates tour downunder,but where is Bangladesh?

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/...tour-australia

Old July 1, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We are a full member and we have Tamim.
Old July 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

As an Irish fan I'm happy that we're getting acclimatised but this is nothing to write home about, According to someone on the european forum the sides we'll be playing are state second XI's....

I'd be hoping for matches vs Australian and NZ A teams but alas this is the ICC we're talking about so that wont happen. Love how they're trumpeting this as a big gesture to the associates though lol.

That being said I'm sure the BCB will get you guys some meaningful preparation. Even a tri series in NZ/Aus vs Ireland Bangladesh and Afghanistan would be great! But I doubt that'll happen unfortunately.
Old July 1, 2014, 04:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
As an Irish fan I'm happy that we're getting acclimatised but this is nothing to write home about, According to someone on the european forum the sides we'll be playing are state second XI's....

I'd be hoping for matches vs Australian and NZ A teams but alas this is the ICC we're talking about so that wont happen. Love how they're trumpeting this as a big gesture to the associates though lol.

That being said I'm sure the BCB will get you guys some meaningful preparation. Even a tri series in NZ/Aus vs Ireland Bangladesh and Afghanistan would be great! But I doubt that'll happen unfortunately.

yeah bro i wish they atleast 5 odi series against irish before the world cup , bangladesh doesnt have that much series either to play before the world cup , this bcb adminstration is really sucks , as full member we shouldve played more matches but seems like bcb president not even trying to get any more international matches for bangladesh .
Old July 1, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

afghanistan are playing a series with a number of one-dayers and a couple of 4-dayers against zim as well.
Old July 1, 2014, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Bangladesh should have toured Australia and should have versued the state teams to get used to the conditions years ago. We are going to get absolutely demolished and humilated in seaming conditions. Players like Mominul, Nasir have never even played in those sort of conditions. If we score 50 odd against India A in our own homeground how do we expect to be competitive against the Aussies at the Gabba... im bloody flying to Melbourne and Brisbane to watch Bangladesh play and now i feel like an idiot throwing my money into the rubbish bin.
Old July 1, 2014, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Bangladesh should have toured Australia and should have versued the state teams to get used to the conditions years ago. We are going to get absolutely demolished and humilated in seaming conditions. Players like Mominul, Nasir have never even played in those sort of conditions. If we score 50 odd against India A in our own homeground how do we expect to be competitive against the Aussies at the Gabba... im bloody flying to Melbourne and Brisbane to watch Bangladesh play and now i feel like an idiot throwing my money into the rubbish bin.
dude, i'm going to the melbourne game as well..V lanka yeh?
Old July 2, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Last two times we visited, if I remember correctly we prepared the right way. Dav took the team early and had few matches with ab-jab team. That helped the team to get acclimated with the weather at least. The second one, Jamie did a better job preparing them with a granite slab practice at home with tennis balls to play the bounce. We didn't get the one day test as the media predicted. Plus when we visited NZ, Tamim and "freaky out - Junaid" did well.

I am not worried about Mominul since he is very short. I am very concerned about Nasir and Riyad. Their confidence is not there. That is the key.
Old July 2, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Bangladesh is preparing for two Eids and biriyani fest in occassion of participating WC 15 where some team members will have life long opportunity to visit Auss/NZ land to explore the 'beauties', enterntainments. Biriyani fest preparation is unique style and custom of BD sport teams, when they prepare and practice how to enjoy the biriyani to the fullest during any international tournaments. This tradition brought many happy memories to the national team members who have the opportunity to represent the BD team and also reflect the power of biriyani to the entire world. Aussie/NZ prep will be no exception, go there ..enjoy the time...play t10 cricket...try to score quick 10 runs..."char chokka hoi hoi ball gurai gelo koi" style...and then enjoy the tour. The most relaxing tour agenda of any team.
Old July 2, 2014, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

The itinneries are out for the oz domestic season,the champions league is in September,4 sides free,in october is the one day domestic comp and then 5 rounds of sheffield shield.There is little space,in fact states will rest some players due to the schedule.
The 2nd xl's will give the associates a run for their money,if not win the games.But they too have the futures cup on so associates itinerries need to be planned around that,maybe some 3rd xls which will be competitive.
New zealand start their comp in november so better placed to play trials against associates in october.
Bangladesh who had planned to send a team in october under jurgensen,seems to havr backtracked on this,their loss in my opinion,they will struggle here a nd nz not knowing the conditions.
Old July 2, 2014, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
dude, i'm going to the melbourne game as well..V lanka yeh?
yeah man im going to that game.
Old July 2, 2014, 08:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

World Cup 2015- I intend to go to Bisbane to watch Bangladesh vs. Australia
Old July 3, 2014, 02:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Please go early to the venue otherwise the match might be over before you are done with parking.
Old July 3, 2014, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Worst decision ever..
Old July 3, 2014, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

The tour on in september/october,may well play some state teams but 2 are uavailable due 2 champions league.
Old July 3, 2014, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
My condolences beforehand....
Old July 3, 2014, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

I've never seen a forum filled with so much negativity before!!
Old July 3, 2014, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I've never seen a forum filled with so much negativity before!!
When you (plural) think there are avenues for improvement yet nothing gets done year after year after year, you lose faith. Promises after promises but nothing implemented...

Come game day, you will see positive threads.
Old July 3, 2014, 04:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
When you (plural) think there are avenues for improvement yet nothing gets done year after year after year, you lose faith. Promises after promises but nothing implemented...

Come game day, you will see positive threads.
I guess. I mean I support bad teams in other sports so I know eventually you just begin to laugh....

But still. You guys have guaranteed series every year and have some promising players.Its not all bad!! Prior to 2014 BD were looking quite dangerous at home. Then the SL series happened......

You never know. The West Indies are just as unpredictable as BD so you might beat them.
Old July 3, 2014, 04:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I guess. I mean I support bad teams in other sports so I know eventually you just begin to laugh....

But still. You guys have guaranteed series every year and have some promising players.Its not all bad!! Prior to 2014 BD were looking quite dangerous at home. Then the SL series happened......

You never know. The West Indies are just as unpredictable as BD so you might beat them.
We are still formidable at home. Player selection is a problem. Loss of form for the players is common for every test team. It is only in BD team where players try to get their form back at the international stage. Everywhere else it is in domestic. Management gets a
Old July 19, 2014, 06:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Bangladesh will play 2 extra warm up games in Brisbane.

Prothom-Alo
Old July 19, 2014, 08:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Bangladesh will play 2 extra warm up games in Brisbane.

Prothom-Alo
Even the bluddy nawabs! That's all I have to say!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 20, 2014, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeh but they have cancelled 2 other games.
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/t...brisbane-34038
Old July 20, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Yeh but they have cancelled 2 other games.
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/t...brisbane-34038
12 days early is not eary enough. They are arriving 12 days before the first official warmup. They would have shown up at least a week before that in any case. All teams will arrive early. We are really only arriving at most 1 week early. Not good. We should have gone 3-4 weeks before the first official warmup and played whoever we could.

So 2 games against some OZ academy.

2 official warm ups.

2 official ODIs? That makes 6 total matches before the opener vs AFG. But who are we playing in the official ODIs? My guess is Ireland and UAE since they both need the practice and they aren't in our group. It will be like that tri series before 2007 world cup against Canada and Bermuda.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 20, 2014, 04:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
12 days early is not eary enough. They are arriving 12 days before the first official warmup. They would have shown up at least a week before that in any case. All teams will arrive early. We are really only arriving at most 1 week early. Not good. We should have gone 3-4 weeks before the first official warmup and played whoever we could.

So 2 games against some OZ academy.

2 official warm ups.

2 official ODIs? That makes 6 total matches before the opener vs AFG. But who are we playing in the official ODIs? My guess is Ireland and UAE since they both need the practice and they aren't in our group. It will be like that tri series before 2007 world cup against Canada and Bermuda.
I would be delighted if that were the case. Could be zimbabwe maybe? They're in group B too.