facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default the best $1 investment you will ever make: megamillion is worth more than half a billion dollars

yeah thats right, if u have access to this go buy 1 ticket. if you win, give me a cut for pushing you to do this. good luck. jusy buy 1 ticket - dont waste too much money as odds are poor but u have to be in it to win it.

good luck.

too bad draw is tomorrow but i could have aaranged something for those who doesnt have access to this lottery....

biggest prize in the history of world.

Old March 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

soon they hve to change its nMe to megabillions.
Old March 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cricket Savant

I have curfew after 9:00. What to do ...what to do....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 30, 2012, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I have curfew after 9:00. What to do ...what to do....
who imposed it?
Old March 30, 2012, 02:12 AM

May I call this thread as a 'forum abuse'? I guess, more than 95% of BC members have nothing to do with this thread!?

- NOT as Mod
Old March 30, 2012, 06:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

This proves iDumb is bad at math. You odd of winning it is zero. So, this 1 dollar investment is same as sending $1 to Nigeria to get the princess's fortune.
Old March 30, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^
1 in 176 million hmm.... reminds me of the great Jim Carrey (from Dumb & Dumber)... "so you are saying there is still a chance...."
Old March 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Whoever that win please just 1 million. Thats all I need. Ar kisu lagbe na
Old March 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
^^^
1 in 176 million hmm.... reminds me of the great Jim Carrey (from Dumb & Dumber)... "so you are saying there is still a chance...."
heh! but someone Will win that is a fact and reality. and for that lucky guy the odds was the same.

the prize shot up to 640 m due to heavy sales.
Old March 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
May I call this thread as a 'forum abuse'? I guess, more than 95% of BC members have nothing to do with this thread!?

- NOT as Mod
i think you are just jealous japan cant afford a lottery like this :p. america F yeah!!!
Old March 30, 2012, 07:47 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Are winnings from a lottery taxable and if so, how much?? Is it just added on to your ordinary income?
Old March 30, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Are winnings from a lottery taxable and if so, how much?? Is it just added on to your ordinary income?
of course they are taxable 25% federal + state (depending where) + (city) = expect close to 35% tax witholding - similar tax rate to an average piss poor income. Subsequent income from you winnings are also taxable .. rate differ how the income is made... usually capital gain is 15%.

but don't worry even with all the tax cuts, this is still a lot of money.... most of us wouldn't know what to do with it.
Old March 30, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cricket Savant

even someone like me who pretends to be antimaterialist got ma'self one.....just shows we all love to be in the hype..

hi05

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 31, 2012, 01:41 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Anyone on BC live in Maryland?
Old March 31, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
The Associated Press is reporting that Maryland lottery officials have announced early Saturday their state sold what could become the world's largest lottery payout of all-time, but it was unclear if that ticket holder would get sole possession of the $640 million jackpot.

Carole Everett, director of communications for the Maryland Lottery, told the AP the winning Mega Millions ticket was purchased at a Baltimore County store. She said it's too early to know any other information about the lucky ticket-holder or whether others were sold elsewhere in the nation.

The winning numbers for the Mega Millions prize were 46, 23, 38, 4, 2; mega ball was 23, lottery officials said late Friday.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ld-in-maryland
Old March 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

anyone ?

Quote:
লটারিতে ৬৪ কোটি ডলার বিজয়ী ৩ জন
Sat, Mar 31st, 2012 10:57 am BdST
ঢাকা, মার্চ ৩১ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)- যুক্তরাষ্ট্রে মাত্র ১ ডলারে টিকেট কিনে ৬৪ কোটি ডলার জয়ের লটারিতে তিন জন বিজয়ী হয়েছেন বলে নিশ্চিত হওয়া গেছে।

এখন পর্যন্ত ম্যারিল্যান্ড, কানসাস ও ইলিনয়ে মেগা মিলিয়নস জ্যাকপট বিজয়ী তিনটি টিকেটের নম্বর পাওয়া গেছে বলে জানিয়েছেন লটারির আয়োজকরা। অন্য স্টেটের কেউ লটারিতে বিজয়ী হয়েছেন কি না এখন তা জানার অপেক্ষায় রয়েছেন তারা।

আর কোনো বিজয়ী পাওয়া না গেলে ৬৪ কোটি ডলার এই তিন বিজয়ীর মধ্যে ভাগাভাগি হবে।

শুক্রবার রাতে আটলান্টায় ড্র হয় মেগা মিলিয়নস জ্যাকপট লটারির। এবারের জ্যাকপট বিজয়ী নম্বর ৪৬, ২৩, ৩৮, ৪, ২ এবং মেগাবল ২৩।
গত কয়েকদিন ধরে যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের ৪২টি স্টেটে ঘণ্টার পর ঘণ্টা লাইনে দাঁড়িয়ে টিকেট কেনে মানুষ।

মেগা মিলিয়নস জ্যাকপটের নিয়ম হলো- এক ডলারে টিকেট কিনে প্রত্যেককে ১ থেকে ৫৬-এর মধ্যে মোট পাঁচটি সংখ্যা বেছে নিতে হয়; একইসঙ্গে ১ থেকে ৪৬ এর মধ্যে ষষ্ঠ নম্বরটি বেছে নিতে হয়। ড্রয়ের দিন যার ছয়টি সংখ্যাই মিলে যায় তিনি হন জ্যাকপট বিজয়ী। ২৬টি বার্ষিক কিস্তিতে তিনি এই অর্থ নিতে পারেন। আবার একবারেও তুলে নিতে পারেন পুরস্কারের পুরো অর্থ।

পাঁচটি সংখ্যা যাদের মেলে তারাও পুরস্কৃত হন।

ক্যালিফোর্নিয়া লটারি কমিশনের এক মুখপাত্র জানান, ওই স্টেটে টিকেট ক্রেতাদের ২৩ জন পাঁচটি সংখ্যা মেলাতে পেরেছেন। এরা পাবেন এক লাখ ২৫ থেকে ৩০ হাজার ডলার।

নিয়ম অনুযায়ী, কোনো ড্রয়ে বিজয়ী পাওয়া না গেলে পুরস্কার যোগ হয় পরের লটারির সঙ্গে।

২০০২ সাল থেকে চলে আসা এই লটারির শুরুটা ছিল এক কোটি ২০ লাখ ডলারের। তখন ওই অর্থকেই ‘মেগা জ্যাকপট’ নাম দিয়েছিলেন আয়োজকরা। টানা কয়েকটি ড্রয়ে বিজয়ী না পাওয়ায় এর আগে ২০০৭ সালে একবার পুরস্কারের পরিমাণ দাঁড়িয়েছিল ৩৯ কোটি ডলারে।

আর এবার গত ২৪ জানুয়ারি থেকে টানা ১৮টি ড্রয়ে কেউ পাঁচটি সংখ্যা মেলাতে না পারায় পুরস্কার দাঁড়ায় ৬৪ কোটি ডলারে।

এবার দেড়শ কোটি ডলারের টিকেট কিনেছেন আমেরিকানরা।

ছয়টি সংখ্যা ঠিকঠাক অনুমান করতে পারলে যে টাকা পাওয়া যাবে, তাতে কেনা যাবে একটি বোয়িং ৭৮৭ ড্রিমলাইনার উড়োজাহাজ, অথবা থাইল্যান্ডে একটি আস্ত দ্বীপ কিংবা ২০০ বুগাত্তি স্পোর্টস কার।

অবশ্য একজন লটারি ক্রেতার পক্ষে ওই সংখ্যা ছয়টি সঠিকভাবে অনুমান করতে পারার সম্ভবনা ১৭৬ কোটি বারের মধ্যে মাত্র একবার।
http://world.bdnews24.com/bangla/det...id=6&id=190000
Old March 31, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cricket Sage

So apparently the dude that won in Maryland is already the 2nd wealthiest man in Maryland. And he is kind of a d***.

Read here
http://www.iywib.com/mega_millions_lottery_winner.php
Old March 31, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
So apparently the dude that won in Maryland is already the 2nd wealthiest man in Maryland. And he is kind of a d***.

Read here
http://www.iywib.com/mega_millions_lottery_winner.php
Life can be so funny sometimes..
Old March 31, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
This proves iDumb is bad at math. You odd of winning it is zero. So, this 1 dollar investment is same as sending $1 to Nigeria to get the princess's fortune.
rubu actually the chance of winning the jackpot is close to zero but chance of winning over all is 1 in 40. you can win $2. So it's a little better than sending money to nigeria. Even with zero chances, 3 people won....

maybe 1 of them is a banglacricket user who knows. When I heard maryland, i thougth our saad uncle won it.

Either way, taking a shot with just $1 when the mega prize is so high is an smart move in my opinion. Otherwise, lotteries are usually for people with low IQ, whose only chance to go up in life is through pure luck. Btw i didn't match a single number. I played my x-girl friends phone number, thinking b! didn't give me anything in life but misery, figured I should try to get something out of her.... unfortunately another dollar lost on that devil..
Old April 1, 2012, 01:53 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If the winners take the money as a lump some payment, the pretax amount will be only 320M. After taxes, it would probably be more like $200M.

There are some interesting stats about these big lottery winners. Many end up being poor again in a few years. Excessive spending and people taking advantage of them deplete the huge fortune pretty quickly for many winners.

Did I buy a ticket? No, I did not. I do not buy lottery ticket. I don't gamble or invest in low-return opportunities. Lottery is both.
Old April 1, 2012, 02:05 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Many end up being poor again in a few years. Excessive spending and people taking advantage of them deplete the huge fortune pretty quickly for many winners.
According to Don McNay, nine out of 10 winners go through their money in five years or less.

Old April 1, 2012, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If the winners take the money as a lump some payment, the pretax amount will be only 320M. After taxes, it would probably be more like $200M.

There are some interesting stats about these big lottery winners. Many end up being p

oor again in a few years. Excessive spending and people taking advantage of them deplete the huge fortune pretty quickly for many winners.

Did I buy a ticket? No, I did not. I do not buy lottery ticket. I don't gamble or invest in low-return opportunities. Lottery is both.
i have hard time believing that anyone after taxes and everything having 200m will ever go broke. maybe some small amounr winners ie <10 m, still then hard to imagine.

think abt it - 200m with a very consevative investment yielding lets say 6 pc annually gives you yearly income of 12 million - 1 million dollars a month without spending a dime from the original. how do you spend a million dollar a month.

i think i couldnt get poor even if i tried with 200 m. seriously.
Old April 1, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
According to Don McNay, nine out of 10 winners go through their money in five years or less.
i am gonna call this study bull and unscientific.
Old April 2, 2012, 08:18 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i am gonna call this study bull and unscientific.
Huh?

Shouldn't you check out the study first and offer some concrete arguments to refute a study? Otherwise, the refutation itself will be bull and unscientific.