facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2004, 03:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Take presuure of rajin saleh

During the the asia cup Rajin Saleh has definitely looked off-colour. His body language when he comes out to bat is not positive. he does not seem energetic. Probably he is not feeling comfartable needing to carry the burden of being the vice-captain of the team. This surely is not the age of becoming the vice captain of the team. Moreover he is looking to build his career at this moment in time. With the added burden of the tag of being vice captain may just have put him under unnessecary pressure.

Old July 21, 2004, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Can you clarify the burden of vice? I though he supposed to be the toughest guy in the team.
Old July 21, 2004, 04:18 PM
Club Cricketer

You could be right . However I dont think removing the vice captaincy from him would fix anything. It would cause him to feel guilty and possibly deteriorate his batting further...
Old July 21, 2004, 04:21 PM
Street Cricketer

well he may be the thoughest guy in the team. But no matter how though u are there is still a that added pressure of being vice captain. he waz given vice captaincy because he had performed well up until now in his career which is still in its FIRST YEAR. Now usually as a player when u r in ur first couple of years u are looking at some to guide u, not to guide someone else. He is exactly having to do that. Plus he now has to perform better than before as he has to prove that he deserves captaincy. He also is one of those members who is answerable for the team's performance.

Another question I have is who do u think should be a vice captain? Some one experieced. who has played for a few years. Who has been with the team and knows most of the members preety well. Does Rajin Saleh qualify for the position irrespective of him being a good or bad player. Tough or soft guy.

Old July 21, 2004, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

I dont see the point of removing Rajin from VC. He is going through a bad patch, and will hopefully recover soon. I think he rightfully deserves the VC position despite his curent form.
Quote:
It would cause him to feel guilty and possibly deteriorate his batting further...

I think rockpundit is correct in pointing this out.
Old July 21, 2004, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

To me vice captain’ job is fairly simple just suck up to the captain. Moreover, vice usually gets a free ride like the rest of the players when the captain is around, but when the captain is not around life gets little tougher for vice cap and that where it stop. Anyway, he probably took the responsibilities on his own. I don’t think anybody could force anybody to do something against their will. He simply asked if he wants to be the vice he simply accepted it.

“Another question I have is who do u think should be a vice captain”?

Just forget about the vice captain. I would rather concentrate on the captain. The way bashar gets out every time. It’s just matter of time before he get sack from his ODI captaincy. He is not showing any characteristic of a captain. Whenever he goes into bat he practically try to smack every single ball. I don’t think that is the way for the captain to behave at the very early stage of the match. Anyway, the way J.O.B. playing at this time around it shows what it takes to be a genuine opener. I mean this guy has all the stuff to be a captain. He showed responsibilities, patience, and steady batting style at the same time. So, just take it for me! This man can be the real deal.

Old July 21, 2004, 11:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default What Pressure?!

Quote:
Originally posted by the_wall
During the the asia cup Rajin Saleh has definitely looked off-colour. His body language when he comes out to bat is not positive. he does not seem energetic. Probably he is not feeling comfartable needing to carry the burden of being the vice-captain of the team. This surely is not the age of becoming the vice captain of the team. Moreover he is looking to build his career at this moment in time. With the added burden of the tag of being vice captain may just have put him under unnessecary pressure.
-I understand the concept of Captain and his wingman having to carry the extra responsibilities of leading the team.

A captain, by definition supposed carry the team single handedly if needed. When called for, a captain rise to the occassion and delivers. He leads by example, serves as the inspiration as the troops look towards him for much needed support during time of peril (Remember Inzi at Multan against BD).

A captain, the leader of the team can take control of his team and make the members adjust as a cohesive bunch according to the dynamics of a game in hand.

A captain and his deputy, are the only officers on the deck to lead the sailors.

Now, can you please tell me when these two officers ever been to a situation where they had been 'pressured' to perform their expected duty??

I've been known for having ludicrously bad short term memory. Even I can remember when both of our officers-on-the-deck followed each other to pavillion w/ mud on their faces.

Old July 22, 2004, 12:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

on the squad, no where u'll see a special mark for a vice captain. *for captain and +for WC, nothing or VC. i think thats because the position is virutally meaningless. it only come to use/burden/presure/exposer/whatever when the cap is absent. rajin should be able to handle that. i think its too early to talk about him. he did show these kind of formless before but came back very quickly. he'll come back soon, may be this tournament or may be next, but i'm sure he'll come back. in any case of life (not only cricket or sport) a person who overcome the difficulty of lack of talent* with hard work does not fail. rajin is of that sort and he'll not fail too.

*yes, he do lack talent a bit, there are many other player who can't even get into the team with more talent that he does.
Old July 22, 2004, 08:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Default I really hope so

It is very true when u say he has been able to come back in the past. I may be wrong pointing at him. Althuogh dont get me wrong. I waz not pointing at him as a bad player but just that i felt that vice captaincy for him is a burden.

But I would really not agree with the comment that vice captaincy is a joke. It may be a joke for oytsiders but inside the team u r expected to perform a role ohetrwise there is no real meaning of vice captain.
Old July 22, 2004, 10:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh team is playing a lot of games. All the players need some rest. Most of them are very young.