facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 01:32 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Dav\'s father: what kind of people are our national cricketers?

I thought that all Bangladeshis are very emotional, well, what happened to our national team yesterday?

I read in Prothom Alo that after waking up in the morning before yesterday's match, everybody was shocked to hear the news of Dav Whatmore's father's death.

The coach himself was very sad and the whole team had to say sympathetic words to him before the start of the match.

After reading Prothom Alo, I'm feeling really ashamed of our whole team. Except Shahriar Nafees & Mohammad Ashraful, nobody else had shown enough sympathy towards the coach out of respect to just try to play as well as they can, so that Dav Whatmore would not feel 'guilty' in any way.

But look at what our team did - what kind of people are they, anyway? Don't they have any respect for the coach's father or heart?

Manusher bibek bole-o to ekta kichu thake. What if our captain's father had died during the middle of a tour (with due respect, I don't know if Bashar's father is dead or alive).

And today is the next game - I don't think there will be any vast improvement in the mentality in our team in the space of just 12 hours.

Old June 26, 2005, 01:34 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Manobik karone hole-o to kichuta responsibly khela uchit chilo - for our players.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

i watched the game. the batsmen looked they were in a rush or something. what was it?
Old June 26, 2005, 02:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default they rushed for shopping

didnt u see the pic where taposh and rajin are shopping. Rajin should be shamed of his poor form. from this tour we get 2 players, Ashraful and Aftab, from practice match we got Mushfiqur rahim. thats it.
Old June 26, 2005, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I vote this one as the most ridiculous thread of the day

DW is a professional coach who knows very well what is the nature of our team, capabilities of our players, and what were they up against. He may be little disappointment with the result, but I don't think it will be too hard for him to accept it.

If he were so emotional, he would have hung himself long time back.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 8:23 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 26, 2005, 03:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Was this the example of professionalism?
Dhik BD cricketers if the reason behind the collapse was the personal loss of Dev or any one else.
Old June 26, 2005, 04:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

This kind of collapse is definately not gonna be a surprise for Dav. He knows what our batsmen are like. Besides, Dav's dad is on life support and he's still alive.....and our prayers are with Dav and his family..
Old June 26, 2005, 08:50 AM
Retired BC Admin

fwullah probably meant to say that for the sake of Dav's father as well as to make Dav proud in his absence, the Tigers should have been more resolute and gritty in their performance against England.

Well, I think they made some statements though by playing out the whole 50 overs today without losing all the wickets. It was definitely an improved performance considering the fact that throughout the whole tour they struggled badly against England. Our boys continue to try their best to adapt themselves to the English conditions and attacks. They already gave us something to cheer about and be proud. I think Dav feels the same way too.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
I thought that all Bangladeshis are very emotional, well, what happened to our national team yesterday?

I read in Prothom Alo that after waking up in the morning before yesterday's match, everybody was shocked to hear the news of Dav Whatmore's father's death.

The coach himself was very sad and the whole team had to say sympathetic words to him before the start of the match.

After reading Prothom Alo, I'm feeling really ashamed of our whole team. Except Shahriar Nafees & Mohammad Ashraful, nobody else had shown enough sympathy towards the coach out of respect to just try to play as well as they can, so that Dav Whatmore would not feel 'guilty' in any way.

But look at what our team did - what kind of people are they, anyway? Don't they have any respect for the coach's father or heart?

Manusher bibek bole-o to ekta kichu thake. What if our captain's father had died during the middle of a tour (with due respect, I don't know if Bashar's father is dead or alive).

And today is the next game - I don't think there will be any vast improvement in the mentality in our team in the space of just 12 hours.
I think you are way too emotional to be productively thinking. These are professional cricketers. They don't play well or bad because someone's father is ill or in good health. They try their best all the time. What is at stake is the reputation and pride of a country and you are too worried about an old man in Melbourne. While the players of BD were sympathetic there is no more meaning of this event.
Old June 26, 2005, 09:13 AM
Banned

Fahmida is one of our class members. But I reckon life in Dhaka today was a tad bit slow.