facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old October 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Question Bangladeshis are DOG Vs CricInfo's reply!

Check out these pictures first then read:

They claims Bangladeshis being the first one to accuse Indians followed by calling Bangladeshis DOG:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2731330_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2240154_n.jpg

The contradicts themselves by first saying craps regarding out cricket team:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...46_24337_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5741667_n.jpg

And ban us for protesting against their over-smart comments!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1762816_n.jpg

Summary:

Last night i joined cricinfo's official FB group. Where few indian supporters insulted Bangladeshis by calling a "dog". And once I protested I was restricted to make any farther posts, whereas those who abused my ethnic culture were left alone without any action being taken! I have posted few snap shots of the entire incident.

Question lies should we allow such BIASED website to represent the would cricket or look for an alternative?

Here is the FB group those of you who might want to take a look. Again, they removed my posts but not the ones' who abused Bangladesh and Bangladeshis! Amazing..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=238148680590

Last edited by sonarbangla; October 17, 2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old October 17, 2010, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Jerks.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Just write I HATE CRICINFO. That makes more sense, and you will get more fans.

And on the descriptions, write why they are so bad, and w/e.

"I Hate cricinfo when Bangladesh wins" makes no sense.

Just my thoughts.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

I know never been so pissed in my life before. These racist acts can not be tolerated. I have emailed ICC. If they do not reply me in a week I will certainly send an email to CBC. Here is my email to ICC.

Hello,

My name is Fahim. I am a Canadian. However, my ethnic background is Bangladeshi.

Last night I joined cricinfo's official facebook website, where I was abused by few indian cricket fans. However, this is not my reason for emailing you today. These clashes keep happening among the supporters and I do enjoy those little arguments/encounters. However, after such arguments/clash, what cricinfo did was highly questionable.

Even though the Indian fan addressed us (Bangladeshis) 'dog', we (Bangladeshis) got restricted from CricInfo's facebook group instead of the Indians (those who abused)! If Cricinfo placed a ban on both me (for protesting of what that person said about my race) and the indian supporter, that would have make perfect sense. But, they only accused me for the whole incident! And here is what I said to his reply for calling Bangladeshis a dog,

'people like you are a burden on earth, and are fully responsible for bringing down India and India peoples' reputation to the foreigners like us (Bangladeshis)'

Cricinfo eventually deleted my post, and made it look like calling Bangladeshis a 'dog' is OKAY!

I think ICC should take some serious action towards this website for being racist and biased. If ICC does not have any control over it then please do let me know. I will inform the Canadian media and broadcasters of how ICC is not being able to regulate these racist activities of their associates.

I have also taken few snap shots to prove my points and posted them on a facebook page created by some other FB user I just found out.

Here is the link to that: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=238148680590

We Canadians respect other cultures and the ethnic freedom of other people. We want to see a better world without racist acts, or those who supports them.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Fahim Aziz

Last edited by sonarbangla; October 17, 2010 at 03:30 PM..
Old October 17, 2010, 03:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Just write I HATE CRICINFO. That makes more sense, and you will get more fans.

And on the descriptions, write why they are so bad, and w/e.

"I Hate cricinfo when Bangladesh wins" makes no sense.

Just my thoughts.
ah i didnt make the group. someone else did.. don know him yet.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

ICC has no control over the site! Cricinfo is owned by ESPN.
Btw this is utterly disgusting by those Indian Idiots.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

yes but ICC should atleast warn them or something. Given its a racist act and it is an international offense.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Dude, who cares? Some idiot made some idiotic comments on a website. Get over it and get on with your life.
Old October 17, 2010, 03:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Dude, who cares? Some idiot made some idiotic comments on a website. Get over it and get on with your life.

it not about the comment. its about cricinfo treating us badly to establish what tht indian dude said. If they put a ban on both of us it would have at least make some sense. But they restricted me for protesting and letting go of tht person for abusing. see the point?
Old October 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Crapinfo is runs by indian ...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 17, 2010, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
it not about the comment. its about cricinfo treating us badly to establish what tht indian dude said. If they put a ban on both of us it would have at least make some sense. But they restricted me for protesting and letting go of tht person for abusing. see the point?
Not really. I don't think you got my point. I am sure you have better things to do than worry about cricinfo's bias. Why not just boycott that site and go to other sites that provide live coverage? Problem solved.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Not really. I don't think you got my point. I am sure you have better things to do than worry about cricinfo's bias. Why not just boycott that site and go to other sites that provide live coverage? Problem solved.

I am sorry but I can not tolerate when someone calls my country man a dog. And yes I have officially boycott that website since last night. But I want to let them know that cricinfo is being biased to Bangladeshis and we should have equal rights to express our feelings like the 'indians'.

I know it might be a silly matter for you. But then again, if people back in 1952 had same whatever feelings towards Bangladesh and its people we may never got our freedom through the liberation war. It is a matter of self respect bro.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

LOL emailing ICC? IDK why you would do that. ICC has nothing to do with cricinfo. Cricinfo is run by ESPN, and is not a ICC website. You guys are making yourself look like a, you know what.

Talk about taking things too far.

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ that's the ICC website.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Might wanna move this thread to forget cricket section, as it has nothing to do with bangladesh cricket
Old October 17, 2010, 04:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
LOL emailing ICC? IDK why you would do that. ICC has nothing to do with cricinfo. Cricinfo is run by ESPN, and is not a ICC website. You guys are making yourself look like a, you know what.

Talk about taking things too far.

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ that's the ICC website.

lol i informed both ICC and ESPN :P will inform CBC soon inshallah!!
Old October 17, 2010, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Might wanna move this thread to forget cricket section, as it has nothing to do with bangladesh cricket

did u even bother looking at the fb group! bhai re.. kindly first get what am talking about then criticize! loll.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fahim, I understand your disppointment at the Indian fans' comments about Bangladesh. But what can you do, they are just racist against us. Not all Indians, but those idiotic fans. You have done your part in terms of protesting, so I applaud you at that.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Could not agree more.

Ignore those low lifes and move on.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

There you go Mr. Dilscoop, hopefully you will get it now. Kindly read the first post again. thanks.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
Fahim, I understand your disppointment at the Indian fans' comments about Bangladesh. But what can you do, they are just racist against us. Not all Indians, but those idiotic fans. You have done your part in terms of protesting, so I applaud you at that.

Thank you bro for your understanding. True that we can not do anything more. But what I did was for my inner peace. It is hurting me seeing when Bangladeshis are saying, "why protest? move on!"

bhai re.. keo jodi amar bhai ke gali dae, i think you should atleast stand up against it. situation change hoe ki na hoe seta porer bapar. khela suru hobar agei here jabar kono mane hoe na.

But I think everyone for their time.

Hope someday more of us will stand up against such injustice and ppl will learn to respect and adore us.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Probably he wanted to mean every dog has it's day and Tendulkar was that dog few days back.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

What are your problems?? If someone genuinly feels offended here over something which me you will ignore, just let them do whatever to overcome that situation dont tell him otherwise! Sonarbangla bhai you do what you need to do. I admire you passion I will say however that cricinfo's a biased cricket site we have all established that FACT long long time agon.the best thing to do is not let them get under your skin hence stay away from any networking sites to do with them. As for those morons with the racist remarks, they are simply a group of ignorant losers who we need to feel more sorry for rather than waste our time retaliating against them. Dont forget a lot of the indians are still fuming about the fact that Tamim got wisden test cricketer of the year over their players. So they just need any excuse really doesnt mean we should stoop to their level. So in conclusing let crapinfo and it's pathetic supporters live happy ever after, its not our problem at the end of the day that they cant bear Bangladesh team having success.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

that's why I never feel like suporting these Ind or Pak team,not much because of their players but mainly because of their arrogant & racist fans.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

CI fanpage is run by some individuals.

CI website is different. If you have a problem with its fanpage on FB, you better contact CI not ICC.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Just ignore those losers. They are just pissed that cricinfo is showcasing a team other than India for more than 5 seconds.
Closed Thread