facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 28, 2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful
Default Most Overrated bowler in Banglacricket

Rubel is the most overrated bowler or player in banglacricket. Agree or not. He is jut an ordinary or will be more correct if I tell an useless bowler.Just because he got a 4 for against Lanka, some membrs here though he is lee,bond and what not?

I never was a fan of his bowling.Four out of 6 deliveries of a rubels over will be there to be hit. One or two good balls does not coverup uncountable short pitch deliveries.He is also not tall enough. Just because he could bowl at 85 mph ,some overexcited members named him gramergunda,RBX and what not!!!In addition,is also a pathetic death bowler.

I think he should be dropped right away for the good of the team.Nazmul, Robin are much better bowlers.We need to give credit where its due !

Old July 28, 2009, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He's only 19 - he shouldn't even be in the team.

Now that he is, give him a few more years.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i think he was brought into test cricket too soon. i would like to see robin given more of ago in tests, and maybe sajidul. rubel is a talent though, he just needs to work on his control otherwise he has everything he needs to be a decent international bowler.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:58 PM
Cricket Savant

you have opened the gate of flood here bro

*here comes Asad vai with Poseidon's pitchfork to defend him*

And also I agree with Sohel vai about guys like Us not being "aggressive"[my word] enough when interviewing
him? Pirit purit baad diya I'd point blank shoot him with : "How the [bleep] could you let Murali smack you around like that when only chance of history was there in front of your eyes...you [bleep]?!

But oh well to political correctness.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 28, 2009, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Check point: West Indian pacers giants like Sammy could not stop us from winning although all of them managed wicket.

And Rubel was not well supported from the other side. For a better fresh ball attack you need two back to back pacers.

He will mature. He has ample time to grow.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Check point: West Indian pacers giants like Sammy could not stop us from winning although all of them managed wicket.

And Rubel was not well supported from the other side. For a better fresh ball attack you need two back to back pacers.

He will mature. He has ample time to grow.
Not really Vass single handedly destroyed us.

Give the boy more time.

I was totally against Rubel getting in to the national side. I always wanted him to tour England instead of the Carribeans. He got a taste of what it takes at this level. He needs to go back to Champaka. He needs to eat, sleep, drink Malinga's videos. Develop a yorker. That should be the goal.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

pacers need time to mature. Rubel has lot of opportunities for growth. His success relies on his learning ability and its effective application.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Riad, I hope Shakib learns fast this WI squad is dire vs spin and it could have been ________ (insert any random spinner) and they would have gotten the Job done. Not to diminsh his accomplishments but he's not a Test match or ODI option.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Mash could have bowled offspin this series and saved the injury
Old July 28, 2009, 08:59 PM
Cricket Sage

i wouldn't call riyad an over rated bowler. but you are right, what he has done to WI B team, i have some serious doubt about weather he would have been able to do this had we played the real WI squad, but you can't blame him for that, his job is to get wicket when bowling, and its not his fault that WICB decided to field a B team. i guess we'll have to wait and see how he fairs against other quality opposition. I assume with this performance he has sealed a place in the next test series over nayeem.
Old July 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

he should be dropped, his performance has been very poor recently.. he is getting smashed all over the place.. we need a economical bowler not speedy jumbo jet.

One thing doesn’t make sense to me – we’ve more superior bowlers in hand – Robin, Nazmul.. why him? Speed dhuye pani khaoar moto obostha hoyse..

Rule is simple either you perform or you’re out.
Old July 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i wouldn't call riyad an over rated bowler. but you are right, what he has done to WI B team, i have some serious doubt about weather he would have been able to do this had we played the real WI squad, but you can't blame him for that, his job is to get wicket when bowling, and its not his fault that WICB decided to field a B team. i guess we'll have to wait and see how he fairs against other quality opposition. I assume with this performance he has sealed a place in the next test series over nayeem.

no worries, bro...there is hope: I love his character and sheer determination to improve at any cost(Just Like Shakib) Imagine what our team would be like with 2 shakibs charging 360 in every direction
Old July 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Rubel is an outstanding bowler.....I see true potential in him and I shall always persue with him....You cannot judge a fast bowler from a slow low wicket.....
Look at the bowl that got Raul lewis bowled...

Anyways I just think Naeem Islam is the most useless player in the team. May be he had the most economical bowling figure today but his bowling looks absolutely ordinary....I know some of you would jump with his first class batting stats but I judge people from what I see and I see absolutely nothing in him. Neither a bowler nor a batsmen...overrated by BC ers
Old July 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Rubel is an outstanding bowler.....I see true potential in him and I shall always persue with him....You cannot judge a fast bowler from a slow low wicket.....

Anyways I just think Naeem Islam is the most useless player in the team. May be he had the most economical bowling figure today but his bowling looks absolutely ordinary....I know some of you would jump with his first class batting stats but I judge people from what I see and I see absolutely nothing in him. Neither a bowler nor a batsmen...overrated by BC ers
[ -edited - ]
u r taking into account a wicket of a lower order batsman of fourth string WI team to evaluate Rubel..! and wht has he done except for that four for?

Last edited by ammark; July 29, 2009 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: mod.edit: Please Maintain proper decorum and netiquette! attack the post. Do Not insult the poster!
Old July 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Lawl, I'd actually agree with this guy. Rubel is just about as clueless as Shahadat at times, though I'm not going to go THAT far until I see him play a few more matches. But seriously, we gotta stop hyping this guy up. He really has been terribly ineffective of late.

Our pace worries continue...
Old July 28, 2009, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

What do you expect? He's been brought into the side with MINIMUM experience. That's really not the way we should do it.

Beauty is nothing with the brain. Speed is nothing without technique. Rubel = dumb blonde...
Old July 29, 2009, 12:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Rubel should have been in the Under 19 tour in England, it would have helped him more than the West Indies tour as we all have seen little or no improvement. I had high hopes, he still needs more time, hope he plays more domestic cricket and like some member said maybe Robin should take his place and hope the management do something with Shahadat.
Old July 29, 2009, 12:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if we can afford to have a player who has been playing 8 years with a wealth of experience yet is still really inconsistent why can't we afford a young guy who has just come on the scene who is talented but inconsistent? that is upside down thinking. give these young guys ago, you can't have a senior guy performing just as much and just as little as the young guys and want to keep the senior guy but kick out the young guy.
Old July 29, 2009, 12:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

too early to judge rubel. he should have debut after few more years. But no doubt he has talent, he will be matured bowler in time.
i think next ODI against WI, najmul deserve a chance instead of him
Old July 29, 2009, 01:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Shakib should have kept himself and a spinner for the final overs. They had wickets and it was understandable that they will go all out in the final overs. They are good against the pacers but strugling against the spinners.

It was easy hitting pacers in this wickets. Rubel wasn't bowling normal, may be he was instructed or he himself reduced the pace considerably. It wasn't a good captaincy decision.
Old July 29, 2009, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Use Him.
Old July 29, 2009, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I concur, Naeem is the most over rated not Rubel. I remember Yuvraj taking him to cleaners in that WCT20 match, true yuvraj did that to far better bowlers, but the bowling was absolutely ordinary, too slow and almost no turn. His batting so far looked ordinary as well, those inconsequential hits against India(who was the bowler?) doesnt count. There are too many players who do well in first class and found out in international cricket against quality opposition. For the moment though , he seems ok, but we have to look for a better replacement as Mash seems to be out for a long time.

Rubel is a talent for a team like Bd, where fast bowlers are really scarce. We have to groom whatever we got and look for more with fast bowling camps etc if we are to become a force in int. cricket.
Old July 29, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

এই ছেলেকে হেসে খেলে আরো দুই সিজন খেলতে দেয়া উচিত।
Old July 29, 2009, 08:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
I concur, Naeem is the most over rated not Rubel. I remember Yuvraj taking him to cleaners in that WCT20 match, true yuvraj did that to far better bowlers, but the bowling was absolutely ordinary, too slow and almost no turn. His batting so far looked ordinary as well, those inconsequential hits against India(who was the bowler?) doesnt count. There are too many players who do well in first class and found out in international cricket against quality opposition. For the moment though , he seems ok, but we have to look for a better replacement as Mash seems to be out for a long time.

Rubel is a talent for a team like Bd, where fast bowlers are really scarce. We have to groom whatever we got and look for more with fast bowling camps etc if we are to become a force in int. cricket.
That’s a bit harsh on Naeem. Sure, he’s not a big turner of the ball, but he is first and foremost a batsman. We seem to be forgetting that he opens the batting/bats at 3 in domestic cricket. For BD he is regularly batting and no 7 or 8.

I think he has every chance of getting a big score for BD as soon as he is given a chance up the order. For now, it is very reassuring to have a proper batsman (not a tailender) coming in so low down the order. Especially in nervy situations such as the final few overs of yesterday’s game.

He’s certainly no worse than Farhad Reza, our last batting all-rounder who did precious little with the bat...
Old July 29, 2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:

Naeem,Riad,Raqibul are same. They will have hard time against quality bowling/batting. If we replace with them by Alok,Aftab and Mosarraf will make our team much more stronger.
Old July 29, 2009, 08:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Why are you bashing Naeem in every thread? Do you have anyting personal against him? So you think that what you see is more important than the statistics? To you, the most valuable player is someone whom you see something rather than the statistics? If so, that would be the most weirdest logic. Because logic is based on facts/figures not personal liking/disliking. I hope you will stop bashing him in every thread and let the kid play and grow.