facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Asharful\'s landlord got furious

Mohammad Asharful's landlord got furious, and they had to shift apartment. Some Bangladeshis get jelous and furious pretty easily.

Read more here.

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 3:00 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Link changed

Old July 6, 2005, 04:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

hahhaha... ridicilious,, landlord should feel proud, but,, yeaaaaaaaa we bangal people are like this,,,
Old July 6, 2005, 05:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

ohh! hold on! this landlord is gonna get something if this news leak.

And whatever is this "we bengali are like that..." ! STOP this CRAP!
Old July 6, 2005, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Newage article.
Old July 6, 2005, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

You would think he would be happy with all the Media Attention... Free advertisement... well kind of...
Old July 6, 2005, 08:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by r56hg
hahhaha... ridicilious,, landlord should feel proud, but,, yeaaaaaaaa we bangal people are like this,,,
yahh.. absolutely ridiculous..
Old July 6, 2005, 09:02 PM
Retired BC Admin

Nascer, I don't think its a good idea to post news and ad to your site. I already deleted another ad from you and will delete this one as well later. Thank you.
Old July 6, 2005, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nascer
Mohammad Asharful's landlord got furious, and they had to shift apartment. Some Bangladeshis get jelous and furious pretty easily.

Read more here.
The original news item was from the Independent - the reporter to be credited is Ruhul Amin Rana.

Here is the link:

Ashraful Comes of Age - The Independent
Old July 6, 2005, 09:29 PM
Test Cricketer

well ashraful is a national superstar rightnow. and he is making pretty good money. very soon he will have enough money to buy his own house.
Old July 7, 2005, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

If i were in Dhaka i would have given the landlord a good kick in his ***
Old July 7, 2005, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He should buy his own apartment in Bashundrara....
Old July 7, 2005, 01:05 AM
Test Cricketer

reminds me of my old landlord in dhaka....

the old man was a real jerk, blamed us for the skyrocketing electric bill just because on one day we had a little party wiht a few guest...

my mum told him to shut up and check his meters...

some months later, when we had water crisis in rampura area, the guy would take all the water in the storage tank early in the morning like 4 am....

when their kajer mey dubbed them in....my mum told the cops....

most landlords in dhaka are idiots....no doubt
Old July 7, 2005, 01:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Does the landlord have a daughter?
I guess....

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 6:59 AM GMT, by Mav.
Old July 7, 2005, 02:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

guys, think about the landlord point of view. S/he probably did not react rude out of jealousy but probably could not bear the pain of media and public attention to Ashraful's home. They have their own life and probably was significantly abrupt because of this. May be the guy does not understand cricket, i have seen BD folk who has no clue or interest on Cricket. The landlord probably reached to a point when he thought this is it. Why would he bear Ash's "khwatir bironbona" ? Beside, culturally BD ppl have lack of common sense, they never think of the whole picture. Let me tell you a short story. There was a guy who live here got his apartment burned down by a cooking accident. After fire ppl, ambulances..bla bla, they moved to their friend's apartment temporarily. Then the sage started. There are about two three hundreds Bangladeshis living here, you will be surprised there were at least a hundred phone call to that home (friend's apartment) looking for them to console them. And what is the conversation? "how did it happen, did you have dinner, do you need lungi, do you need cooking pots, what did the fire ppl do, did you know my friend had similar incident" etc etc. Understand their great concerns and sympathy for them, but only few of them could really think that how many calls that poor guys is getting while his wife is shaken by the fire and can hardly speak. But who cares, they needed to show their personal sympathy. Some didnt have the phone number, so they called me and asked if i have their #. When i said kindly call later after they recover initial shock, he eagerly said, oh no, what would he think of me knowing that i didnt call. So imagine, these are the foreign educated middle aged ppl, if they can do this out of sympathy, what would ppl at home would do to express their joy!! :
Old July 7, 2005, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank you crickwizard for pointing out landlord's part of the suffering. I consider myself as a crazy Bangladesh cricket fan, but still don't want my house to be mobbed by some lousy journalists and other crazy fans, not even for a cricket superstar.
Old July 7, 2005, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by crickwizard
. May be the guy does not understand cricket, i have seen BD folk who has no clue or interest on Cricket.
must be a unique guy who does not understand cricket when his tenant, a floor below or above, just hammered and rubbed mud on the greatest cricket team in the world....

maybe the guy is mentally off....thought the papparazis were a bunch of mob looting his house....

i too have seen my share of ppl who dont like cricket, but HELLO?? you ve just got rid of a cricket legend....!
Old July 7, 2005, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

i used to live elias kanchons building...

boy he had those papparzis after him day and night...
Old July 7, 2005, 02:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Quote:

Read more here.

The original news item was from the Independent - the reporter to be credited is Ruhul Amin Rana.

Here is the link:

on th ****** page, there is no recognition of where this article has come from, isnt this infringement of some sort?

Anyway it should have acknowleged
Old July 7, 2005, 05:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

I think Ashraful will get a better house than the one in Madartek project area. They should get a better apartment than that one in a better area.
Old July 7, 2005, 08:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Also to add to the land lords point of view.. Too many people coming and going will create opportunity for the robbers to still stuff from the house like light fixture, car side mirrors etc.. Believe me once we even had half of our hose pipe cut off and stolen, so i can imagine his pane....
Old July 7, 2005, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't see anything wrong with what the landlord did by asking Ashraful's family to find a new place to live. The landlord is not willing to let his house become a media hangout where reporters, cameramen and who knows who will be constantly coming inside the house and this is absolutely justifiable. He probably needed to have extra security measures to check ID's and ask for appointment verifications or so if he wants to keep Ashraful in that house. Probably he did not want to go thru all these hassles. Also may be his own family, guests where having problems entering their own house or having a quiet and peaceful environment.

So what if Ashraul is now a celebrity, that doesn't mean that we should allow inconvenience to anyone, I also wonder whether Ashraful and his family gets tired of the media too or not.
Old July 7, 2005, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

We all know about the peoples passion in Bangladesh. Im sure not only media guys, many outside people also gathered in Ashrafuls house.
If your house attracts this many crowd, anywhere in the world you will get an apartment eviction notice!! Dont blame the landlord.

Beside, we all now how street crowd sometimes behave. You never know---this street crowd might have teased the girls of the landlords family.
And if you have a conservative family and specially have daughters---this is surely understandable. Moreoever, we all know the security concerns in Bangladesh. You will never know who is just a enthusiastic mob or who is a robber.
Old July 7, 2005, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Nascer, I don't think its a good idea to post news and ad to your site. I already deleted another ad from you and will delete this one as well later. Thank you.
Chill out, dude! I wasn't aware of the fact that "your" forum doesn't allow news links to other sites.
It wasn't intended to cause you any harm. I only wanted to share info with tigers' fans.
But, if you have personal grudge against me, that is another story.

Yours truly.
Old July 7, 2005, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
Quote:
Quote:

Read more here.

Here is the link:

on th ****** page, there is no recognition of where this article has come from, isnt this infringement of some sort?

Many thanks dudes! I really appreciate your concern over the well being of ******. But rest assured, we have paid for the news and is entitled to use it the way we want. It is up to the fans to decide where they should read there news.

Ciao!
Old July 7, 2005, 01:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
Quote:
Quote:

Read more here.

Here is the link:

Many thanks dudes! I really appreciate your concern over the well being of ******. But rest assured, we have paid for the news and is entitled to use it the way we want. It is up to the fans to decide where they should read there news.

Ciao!
if that was mentioned earlier... then it would have been fine, no problems at all, but out of curiosity, u paid for the article not to have the infringement? Thats a first ive seen.