facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 23, 2009, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner
Default Mithun Ali: A future prospective

Mithun Ali scored a dashing 167 runs with 17 fours and 7 massive sixes!!!

Perhaps Mushfiqur Rahim should be worried???

In my humble opinion, he definitely deserve a chance against Pak in 20/20!!!

Here is his cricinfo profile

Mithun sparkles for Gazi Tank

Quote:
The young stars continued their domination in the Premier Division Cricket League, as Mohammad Mithun hogged the spotlight yesterday with a blazing hundred to guide Gazi Tank to an 81-run victory over Partex at BKSP.

The 19-year old Mithun shaped his aggressive style of batting to hit the highest score in the league. The right-hander smote seventeen fours and seven sixes during his 169-run vigil to script his side's third win in five games.

The fifth round saw an amazing run fest from the young batters as it was the fourth ton in this round after Rokibul Hasan, Shamsur Rahman and Imran Ahmed who followed the footsteps of Rony Talukdar and Arman Hossain in earlier rounds.

In the day's one-sided affairs, Surjo Torun secured their fourth win with an emphatic seven-wicket victory over BKSP at the Fatullah Cricket Stadium to share the second spot along with Old DOHS and Abahani.

Shuvagoto Hom hit an unbeaten 76 as Cricket Coaching School (CCS) posted a six-wicket victory over Young Pegasus. With the third victory, the newcomers have improved their tally to six points.

GAZI-PARTEX
Pacer Ariful Haque claimed two quick wickets after Gazi decided to bat first but his team's joy was short lived as Mithun joined national opener Imrul Kayes to change the whole scenario.

Recovering from 18-2, Gazi posted a daunting total of 295-5 thanks to a 176-run third wicket partnership between Imrul and Mithun. Wicketkeeper batsman Mithun outshone his senior partner striking the ball all around the park but Imrul also contributed handsomely as the left-hander scored 64 off 94 deliveries with the help of four boundaries and a six.

The total could easily have crossed the three hundred mark but Nayeem Islam failed to make some quick runs, as he was unbeaten on 29 off 41 balls.

In reply, Mehrab Hossain (41) and Saiful Alam (60) made a confident start as they shared 87 runs in the opening stand but nobody could accelerate the run rate, as Partex was restricted to 214-6.

Mushfiqur Rahim scored 43 off 66 balls.

Old February 23, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Thanks man. Thanks a lot for opening this thread. Now, thanks to YOU, hes gonna suck. Delete this thread, delete it NOW. lol but in all seriousness, can we please not overhype this guy. I don't want another Junaid in the making...
Old February 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Hey... isn't that the whole point of having a cricket forum???

In all seriousness... what makes you think he is not gonna be next Shakib??? (after all, his role model is Gilly)

Man... am I glad or Glad to see BD players following greats like Gilly.... and actually talking with the bat!!!
Old February 23, 2009, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Old February 23, 2009, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i don't mind him being given a run in t20s because he is aggressive and a big hitter and rahim's batting style doesn't suit t20s, but he has been inconsistent. what's interesting is he didn't have a particularly good t20 comp, he's been scoring most of his runs in the 50 over format, also this century is his only really big score (the others were all under 70 i believe).
Old February 23, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i don't mind him being given a run in t20s because he is aggressive and a big hitter and rahim's batting style doesn't suit t20s, but he has been inconsistent. what's interesting is he didn't have a particularly good t20 comp, he's been scoring most of his runs in the 50 over format, also this century is his only really big score (the others were all under 70 i believe).
Old February 23, 2009, 10:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

If he can catch ... He can have the WK's role

He'd be a Handy lower order batsmen, Accelerate the Run Rate, the thing once these players get called up there asked to do different things there not good at.

He's played some neat Cameos before so Nazimuddin and now I think of him as a bum, Even though Nazimuddin did have different gears and was more accomplished in the 4 day format.
Old February 23, 2009, 10:31 PM
Cricket Sage

well the way rahim's been playing lately in the ODI/t20 it would be no surprise to see a new face...
Old February 24, 2009, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
If he can catch ... He can have the WK's role

He'd be a Handy lower order batsmen, Accelerate the Run Rate, the thing once these players get called up there asked to do different things there not good at.

He's played some neat Cameos before so Nazimuddin and now I think of him as a bum, Even though Nazimuddin did have different gears and was more accomplished in the 4 day format.

Let him play 20/20... MR is not a 20/20 player..
Old February 24, 2009, 12:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

only time will tell..."koto dhaane koto chaal"
now, i always liked mithun and he's been under my keen watch for the last two years!

about mushfiquer, he is a far advanced/class batsman for a team like BD national team! he is one of the few technically sound batsmen we have! his keeping is the issue: he is too short, but even if that wasn't the matter, his keeping skill needs to be improved heavily! and when it comes to ODI or 20/20 matches, palyers like rahim, zunaid, mehrab jr., shahadat should never be included in the team! these players are of high caliber when it comes to the BD team, but they are all well suited for 4 day/test matches, not ODIs & 20/20s! they should be playing in the longer versions of the game, period!
for our ever so flawed team selection, my dirty fingure points to those incompetent, pathetic, poorly semi-educated, shameless, irresponsible, born-moron selection committee and the overall imbecil-crowded BCB!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 24, 2009 at 01:22 AM..
Old February 24, 2009, 01:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Let him continue on his domestic roles...
one century and you are already in the national team??
...thats the biggest problem with our team...

let him earn the spot..
let him burn in the desire to put on that national jersey...
let him score few more centuries...
let him be consistent at least for a whole season....
let him show the eagerness...
let him mature....
......and...
let's not f*** with his head by talking about national team

He is 19 for god's sake!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 24, 2009, 01:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

haire bengali...........no difference between us and BCB...........is it? after 1 match in domestic OD.he is the future star?
Old February 24, 2009, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
haire bengali...........no difference between us and BCB...........is it? after 1 match in domestic OD.he is the future star?

dude.. u r missing a point here... there is a difference between future star and A future prospective

Whats wrong with Bangali (referring to the poster above me) star ar prospective er difference bujhe na...
Old February 24, 2009, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I just wanna have healthy conversation on A future prospect who might do well... especially the way MR (GB) is playing these days....

BTW, can anyone shed some lights on his kipping skills???
Old February 24, 2009, 02:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
I just wanna have healthy conversation on A future prospect who might do well... especially the way MR (GB) is playing these days....

BTW, can anyone shed some lights on his kipping skills???
yes would be good if someone has seen him play and can give us a bit of an overview of both his keeping skills and his batting.
Old February 24, 2009, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I think we can check out Mithun in some practice matches and then can have a go in T20 !!
Old February 24, 2009, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

WE NEED HIM. There is lack of hard hitters in the team.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old February 24, 2009, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Let him play for another two session like this then if he succeed give him chance to play some tour matches for A team/ Academy team.. Why in a rush to take him in the team now?
Old February 24, 2009, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think shazad made an excellent and overlooked point, all too often newbie players are called upon to do things they can't do that well...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 24, 2009, 09:47 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

what about Rony Talukdar? he is doing great and he is a big hitter?
Old February 24, 2009, 09:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Azharuddin

Thread Opener,

Are you kidding? Look at his cricinfo profile ... how many matches has he played? Keep in mind too, this Bangladesh level First Class matches. Look at his age. One good domestic innings and he should be in international match?

We talk about our cricketers being immature, but us fans need to sober up too and show that we understand cricket somewhat.
Old February 24, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What is his height? 6 feet? he is in.
Old February 24, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default warner played NO FC matched before hand!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Let him play for another two session like this then if he succeed give him chance to play some tour matches for A team/ Academy team.. Why in a rush to take him in the team now?
still he shone brilliantly in t20!
why not the same could be applied for mithun? at least he has got more experience than him.
don't know why we should wait 2 MANDATORY years if he continues to perform
Old February 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Woah there. Speed up buddy. I dont think anyone here or in BCB is wondering whether to put him in the A team/ Academy team. He would have been in the academy team even if he scored a duck in this game primarily due to previous performances. He's way past that stage now. Some people are forgetting we're no Australia or South Africa. We dont have a stable team to begin with. We've certainly got some "filler spots" in the team at the moment. Junaid and a couple of others are still in just because theres no viable option to replace them. That makes it a much more difficult question to answer. If I were to choose right now, id go with the rest of the members on this thread - let him prove himself further...but if he were to play a couple more big innings this season, it'll be hard to deny him a place in the National team...

Scoring 169 runs in a one-day format is no joke. Its probably the highest a Bangladeshi has ever scored. Heck, the ODI record is just 20 runs higher...
Old February 24, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaba
Thread Opener,

Are you kidding? Look at his cricinfo profile ... how many matches has he played? Keep in mind too, this Bangladesh level First Class matches. Look at his age. One good domestic innings and he should be in international match?

We talk about our cricketers being immature, but us fans need to sober up too and show that we understand cricket somewhat.
I am not kidding... I just want you to take a look at David Warners profile before you go all guns against me... Mashrafe, I believe got a call before playing first class.... does that make him any less of great which he is??? there are tons more examples....

Look... I dont want him to get a test call up.. just hoping he gets a call up for t20.... It's not like MR is doing that well anyways... many of us barely count t20 as real cricket anyways...

Also.. read what Miraz bhai has to say about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Dhaka Premier League is no picnic league. You probably have no idea how intense the competition is!! The pressure and competition is comparable to any top league. The only difference is the quality of players, and the player quality is improving every year.

Last edited by MarufH; February 24, 2009 at 01:44 PM..