facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Will it benefit Bangladesh?
Yes 9 90.00%
No, not in short term 0 0%
No not at all 0 0%
Don't know 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 17, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default Would the independence of North-east India benefit for Bangladesh?

In the isolated north-eastern states of India, Assamese -ULFA, NDFB, MULTA, Naga's -NSCN, Manipur - UNLF, people's liberation army, Megahlaya- HNLC, Tripura -National front of Tripura, all Tripura tiger force, Mizoram -HPC(D) and many other guerilla fighters are waging a campaign for the right of self determination for their people and win freedom from the Republic of India.

Would it be good for Bangladesh if the north-eastern states of India won their freedom from New Delhi?

I personally am sick and tired of the is ridiculous chicken neck corridor and non-trading zone that separates Bangladesh from the rest of Asian mainland.

The bully country India would be weakened, Bangladesh will have new, friendly neighbours whom it can do trade with and our land route to China is more secure.

Old May 17, 2011, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Well I am okay with that because then we can have another cricketing nation hopefully!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 17, 2011, 11:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

It would mean the world for us, not just mere benefit.

If the 7 sisters break away from the Indian republic and form their own country, it would mean that we would have India only on "ONE" side, NOT THREE. India would NOT be able to exert the same level of pressure and influence as it can right now, reducing their ability to bully on us significantly.

The breakaway 7 sisters would give us the prospect of connecting to rest of Asia properly and not thru India only. Our connectivity with Nepal and Bhutan would finally be able to take reality.

Keeping in mind all Nepal, Bhutan and the "newly formed country" are landlocked and would have to use our Ports, we can make ourselves a hub for regional connectivity and serve as a doorway to not just one, but FOUR countries.

Our Shipping and Logistic sector would improve drastically, along with our infrastructure, bringing billions of Dollars into the economy and jobs for millions.

Bangladeshi products are already very popular in those 7 sisters and IF the new country was to be formed, our local companies can play a huge role in the development work for that region, again bringing billions of dollars for the economy.

Our local companies can go one step forward to become "Multi National Company" since it would actively operate in four different countries, being on the forefront of that Logistics connectivity.

The power paradigm of the region would take a drastic U turn and IF played right, we would be able to stand eye to eye with the Indians. Pakistan, being on the verge of becoming a completely failed state and an eminent break up looming large, Bangladesh would set to become the new Power Player in the region. Not to that extend of India or China, but we would least be able to hold our own.

I dream of that day.
Against all odds, I pray to Almighty that Inshallah that would happen, rather sooner than later.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ Great analysis. It would be a dream come true for us...
Old May 17, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Bangladesh's relation with China will be significantly increased, which over a period of time will do wonders to BD's economy, growth and maybe even start implementing some much needed flood defences, because the inevitable is coming whether you like it or not.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

There has been an underground movement for A "Confederation of Greater Bengal" for sometimes now,though it is still to gain much momentum so far.

The Confederation would consist of Bangladesh, West Bengal and the 7 sister states of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Monipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunchal Pradesh.

China has a long dispute with India with the claim of Arunchal Pradesh.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

But what about the people of that region? Do they want independence? I heard that some parts of Southern India also want independence...
Old May 17, 2011, 12:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

@ Roman : Barring Southern West Bengal, majority of the people in those region of India are extremely poor, isolated, un-educated and completely forgotten. Survival is their key and have little awareness of issues of greater socio-economic significance, just like vast majority in Bangladesh.

Offcourse the cry for Independence is not huge, but it can always grow momentum with a little push from both inside and out. All the separatist groups in the respective states are trying their bit.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this thread is just screaming for you-know-who to start the inundation of this low-lying thread with a flood of free-flowing propaganda.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Would the independence of North-east India benefit for Bangladesh?
First thing first. Will we (Bangladesh) survive the break away of North-east India from India?
Old May 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

What bullcrap.... Just so that you know, there is also a separatist movement inside bangladesh itself. There is no reason to add fuel to it. I dont see any Indian threat inside Bangladesh territory. Infact the fact that Myanmar surrounds us towards the south eastern border is a threat to bangladesh rather than India on 3 sides. We should try to improve trade with India and not make a foe out of them by supporting the ULFA terrorists.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
What bullcrap.... Just so that you know, there is also a separatist movement inside bangladesh itself. There is no reason to add fuel to it. I dont see any Indian threat inside Bangladesh territory. Infact the fact that Myanmar surrounds us towards the south eastern border is a threat to bangladesh rather than India on 3 sides. We should try to improve trade with India and not make a foe out of them by supporting the ULFA terrorists.
And what about all those killings by BSF?
My father being a Navy officer, I have heard a lot of things that have happened around the borders of Bd-Ind. These things I've heard have generally not been let out in front of the media. India aren't being friendly at all with us trust me. I have nothing against most Indian people. They are nice in fact....e.g: Some BC users from India here. But the policies implemented by India regarding Bangladesh are 'silently' and in many cases openly threatening. I really want to add another thing, although our present govt. has taken some wonderful steps (specially educational reforms), their 'India preety' is not something I like at all! This is harming us, not helping us.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 17, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Are you Awami League.

India are clearly not our good friends, they barely tolerate our existence.

They do not want Bangladesh to become a regional power.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

India has just lent $1 billion to Bangladesh... If good friend won't do that, I don't know who would mate.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

anyone who believes india is on bangladesh's side is living in a lalaland. wake up and smell the coffee. india has been nothing but a bully for the whole region.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Who can you thank that we are not East Pakistan? Not thailand! But hey, I'm not Bashing for India, but they have done a lot for us. (Test status, letting us beat them 2007 (!), money, aid). That's like a british man saying what haave the americans done for us. Oh yeah, we don't speak German, that's what.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
And what about all those killings by BSF?
My father being a Navy officer, I have heard a lot of things that have happened around the borders of Bd-Ind. These things I've heard have generally not been let out in front of the media. India aren't being friendly at all with us trust me. I have nothing against most Indian people. They are nice in fact....e.g: Some BC users from India here. But the policies implemented by India regarding Bangladesh are 'silently' and in many cases openly threatening. I really want to add another thing, although our present govt. has taken some wonderful steps (specially educational reforms), their 'India preety' is not something I like at all! This is harming us, not helping us.
What about the killing? What about the 50 high ranked army officials killed by BDR?
Lets get few facts right. The people shot are not supposed to be there in the first place. Thats why the term "no mans land". Weather its BDR or BSF, they all carry assault rifles. They are not supplied with non lethal weapons, hence when they shoot because someone tries to sneak in onto its territory, the shooting usually results in death. Now I am not suggesting that some crimes are not committed but if you look into the bigger picture, it is us who were providing safe haven to the most wanted mens of India, namely ULFA terrorists. And no I am no AL men, I do believe in secularism tho but thats where my ties with AL end....
Old May 17, 2011, 03:30 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

OK lets not make this another India bashing thread...

I was more concerned to know about the people of NE India. As Rabz suggested they have little awareness of issues of greater socio-economic significance, I am assuming that they are not worrying much about independence atm(nothing like us back in 71). So I dont want to be responsible for breaking up a family. It might help us in the long run but I am not wishing for it unless people from those states want it badly. ( we fought for our independence and it would be unfair if we dont help those people who are fighting for the same cause. Just my point of view)
Old May 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

There are no friends in diplomatic relations. It's not a buddy that you grew up with. There is no buddy. Diplomatic relations are all about self-interest. India exercises it's self interest quite strongly, and most of the time those interests are not inline with BD interest. Bangladesh is yet to strongly enforce any of her interest that goes against India. Only few that comes to mind are not giving direct transit and rejecting Tata's offer on basis of cheap gas clause.

It's in the interest of Banladesh if North and Northeastern states cecede from India. It will provide tremendous growth opportunity in both economic and regional growth. Those who say that bd surrounded by India in 3 sides is better, needs their head examined; and then open a book on diplomatic interests 101.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 17, 2011, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Would the independence of North-east India benefit for Bangladesh?
First thing first. Will we (Bangladesh) survive the break away of North-east India from India?
If India threatens our sovereignty, by crossing troops across Bangladesh.

Bangladesh should stand up for itself, shoot down any planes or block any troops crossing its borders.

I really dont think India will create more problems for itself.

However this doesnt stop us, from supporting an independence movement.
Old May 17, 2011, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Who can you thank that we are not East Pakistan? Not thailand! But hey, I'm not Bashing for India, but they have done a lot for us. (Test status, letting us beat them 2007 (!), money, aid). That's like a british man saying what haave the americans done for us. Oh yeah, we don't speak German, that's what.
Every word of this post is nonsense.

Two words: self- interest
Old May 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
If India threatens our sovereignty, by crossing troops across Bangladesh.

Bangladesh should stand up for itself, shoot down any planes or block any troops crossing its borders.

I really dont think India will create more problems for itself.

However this doesnt stop us, from supporting an independence movement.
You are in your Lala Land.

If India with its huge military resource and nuclear power is in the brink of breaking down while Bangladesh is (geographically) in the middle of the conflict... to think that Bangladesh will have no ill effect during the breakdown, you are living in your fantasy land.

And when you will open your patriotism blindfold, I hope you will realize the mismatch of firepower between India and Bangladesh Army.

If/whenever India breaks down, trust me, it will be lengthy blood bath and we will not be saved from that. Its not going to be a smooth breakup l nor will the world power will get involved like they did in Indonasia (Timur breakup) for example.

Just to be clear, I am not questioning the benifit that Bangladesh will get after the break up. I am rather questioning, how much we will have to pay during the breakup period, which I predict (if it happend) will be a long bloddy breakup. And how many people will still be alive to see the benefit?

I think we should rather think how we should progress by ourselves with current situation instead of waiting like a shokun when India breaks up... which may never happen.
Old May 17, 2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The reality ofcourse is that India is never giving those states up without a blood bath. Natural resources in those states makes them extremely valuable to India and it's economic growth.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 17, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think we should rather think how we should progress by ourselves with current situation instead of waiting like a shokun when India breaks up... which may never happen.
Who says we should wait, i say lets go all ISI on them, and fund these guerilla groups/rebels, ISI will actually be more than willing to help. Lets see how far India is willing to go, if they execute a blood bath, the world will be watching.

And the best part is, if India is looking to blame someone, for supporting the rebels, it will be pakistan....
Old May 17, 2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Too many naive folks here. An independent Indian North-East would be equally if not more inimical to Bangladesh's self-interest. The volatility in the east is further compounded by the the claims of Bangali settler migration into the region changing the ethnic composition. The newly independent region would be even more adamant abut ensuring a complete border closure and would be an even more welcoming home to foment trouble in our own volatile South East.

And forget about the dreams of lebensraum and greater Bangla - The provinces of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Monipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunchal Prades would never agree to become vassals of a greater Bangla nation and subsequent ethnic domination. Sher-e-Bangla's dreams of Bangistan will not be attained.

For those who are unaware of our history, do read up on Bangistan, which was an alternate proposal to Jinnah's 2 nation theory.