facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bangladesh has chances to play Champions Trophy even Kenya wins agains Zim

From ICC Web site(thanks to sirjeremy11 , cricketweb):

Kenya have not played sufficent matches to be ranked on the LG ICC One-Day International Championship table. The ICC Excecutive Board will determine the minimum number of matches required at its meeting in March 2006.

So even if Kenya do win all 5 games against Zim, but the ICC decide they need to keep Bangladesh in the competition (which they should), the ICC can say you have to have played 7 matches, and Kenya will be out.

Old February 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Can someone tell what hahppens if we lose this 2-1,kenya win against zim 3-2 and win win against kenya 2-1?
Old February 22, 2006, 11:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

As mentioned by ICC website, it all depends on ICC's meeting in March 2006. They will decide what's the minimum number of matches required by kenya to be ranked. So, don't worry. They won't want Bangladesh to be left out.
Old February 23, 2006, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Cant they arrange for kenya to play the qualifier also?,i mean its not rationl to give them no chance for not playing cricket,the kenya team is certainly better than the present Zimbabwe team.
Old February 23, 2006, 03:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Why would Bangladesh be out of the champions trophy, can someone please explain.
Old February 23, 2006, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by mshakir56
Why would Bangladesh be out of the champions trophy, can someone please explain.
because of ODI ranking....
Old February 23, 2006, 06:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

I did the predictor on the ICC website...

if kenya wins 5-0 vs zim they jump to around 78 points, only 12 odd behind WI.

we'r on around 14

if kenya wins say 1/4 dey stll jump to 48 points...

maybe this predictor is wrong...but if it is correct, any win for kenya and they are amoungst the top tier in ODI cricket.
Old February 23, 2006, 10:00 AM
Test Cricketer

These all rules.. sux.. it all gives me such a headache!! May be I will better settle with the final decision of teams to play in the champions trophy. Till then.. no more into this discussion from me
Old February 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

if kenya win 5-0 against zim and have 78 rating, when (not if) we beat them 3-0, shouldn't we jump to 90 rating???

i am not worried, beating India, Aussies, and now SL, i think we will make the champs trophy over kenya regardless.

btw, Shark_fin:

we currently have a rating of 17 (up from 14). SL dropped to 106 from 107. even if we lose 3rd ODI, we still have 17 points.

if we beat SL, we go up to 21 (+7 total).

so lets win that 3rd ODI.
Old February 23, 2006, 12:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

I do believe that Bangladesh has changed a lot in the last couple of years of time, and do hope that BD must be going to Champions trophy after demolishing Kenya....If we cant defeat Kenya this time, then it will simply give the critics the oppertunity to shout again as they always do!
So no matter how ICC wants to keep Bangladesh ahead of Kenya for the Champions trophy, now the time has come to prove ourselves against Kenya. GO BANGLADESH GO.
Old February 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
There is a big flaw in this calculation.
I mean with the calculator.

Edited on, February 23, 2006, 6:18 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old February 23, 2006, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

This what ICC said in January (cricinfo)-
Quote:
The following ranking system has been approved in-principle by the ICC Executive Board after detailed consultation with David Kendix. The ranking system initially involves two ranking tables - an Associate table and a main table. An Associate will need to move through three stages:

1st Stage Ranked amongst the other Associates yet to fulfill the criteria for being ranked amongst the Full members on the main table.

2nd Stage Has a rating on the main table but not a ranking as it has not yet played enough games during the rating period against teams on the main table.

3rd Stage Is ranked in the main table.

In order to move from Stage 2 to Stage 3, a team should have completed at least 10 matches over the period covered by the rankings against other teams who have ratings on the main table. This number is being reviewed and may be reduced to eight.

Please also note that the Board has decided that Kenya will be treated slightly differently in that it will retain its position at Stage 2 of the process. Kenya thus retains its current rating and once it plays sufficient matches, it will get a ranking on the main table.
Kenya played two matches on the last Champions Trophy in 2004, thus five matches against Zim and three mathches against us will increase their match count exactly to 10 during the period covered from August 2003(that's why ZC wanted to curtail the five match series against Kenya to a three match one). Don't see any reason why they should not be included in the ranking after their ODI series against us.
Old February 23, 2006, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

May be this is another reason where there were no development news for a while about our upcoming Tri -Series with Kenya and Zim.

Who wants to miss the Cup? Although we have to compete with the bottom 3.Still I would say if we can have a right team than we have a better chances than WI or ZIM I guess.

We lost our 1st ODI with SL,not only for poor Battings but ASLO for wrong team selections.