facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2007, 11:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default The Best Captain Bangladesh Ever Had

For those people who says that Shariar Nafees should be the captain, shame on you. For those of you who thinks Sakib should be captain, shame on you. For those of you who thinks Aftab should be captain, shame on you. There is only one possible and great captain that the bangladesh team can currently produce, and Bashar is very jelous of his Girlfriend.

Mohammed Ashraful

Why? "Why Not?" is a better question. He have delivered in all of the greatest wins in Bangladesh History, including the win againt Zimbabwe when he successfully completed his half century before getting out. He is a very mature Guy. I personally know this because he is the only person to not get married when they are in form (thus getting the best girl). And what really impressed me was his ability to plan. He said that he had a plan that Bangladesh would go 20 overs without losing a wicket, then he would come in and deliver the runs. You know what? It works, as we have seen with the South Africa game. And its bound to work later on. If any of you disagree with me, then you know nothing about cricket. ASHRAFUL FOR CAPTAIN!

Thank You.

Old April 7, 2007, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Nuh, Bashar to continue. We dont want our next captain to get dropped after a couple of years. Allow Bashar to stay in charge and keep giving experience to the youngsters.
Old April 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Well.. ashraful has always been under pressure..why put him into pressure? and come on.. dont be typical. After a good innigs..he should be captain..he is the best..he is all we have now.. huh.
Let him play his natural game..he should not be a captain! atleast not now.
And yeah he should definately bat at #4 though.
Old April 7, 2007, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Guys....Hes just kidding around...
Old April 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Guys....Hes just kidding around...
I am not. And you should apologize for a remark like that.
Old April 7, 2007, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer20reverse
I am not. And you should apologize for a remark like that.
Dude....This is how it goes:

At first: Not so funny
Then: Your humour grows on me
Then: Starting to get irritated at the same brand of humour
Now:
Old April 8, 2007, 12:50 AM

trolls wanting apology? What next pigs can fly?
Old April 8, 2007, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Are bhai, ashraful has not become consistent yet... let him settle down in his current position. Let's not distract him from his main task.
Old April 8, 2007, 01:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Statistically yes. But I would credit the team for the success rather than Bashar. He is still far from competing with any other test playing nations team captains. He is yet to lead in any department; that's the main role of the captain as a leader of the team.

I am not saying that he should be changed now. But we definitely have a headache for future to find out someone more suitable and competitive.
Old April 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

One good match and Ash fan start to fly. The only difference between Ash and Afridi is that Ash"s shots are more eye catching. Numbers do not lie, check the number. BTW Afridi even won test match by his batting.
Old April 8, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The trick is to slide one in. Not all the time. Even Eddie Murphy is not that good.
Old April 8, 2007, 09:44 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Bashar need to go at least seat out for next few matches. If SN after such performance before WC can seat out, why not Bashar. Replace JO with SN and Bashar with Rajin/Forhad. We will have the best team and it will give us the much needed 6th bowler option.
Old April 8, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Bashar need to go at least seat out for next few matches. If SN after such performance before WC can seat out, why not Bashar. Replace JO with SN and Bashar with Rajin/Forhad. We will have the best team and it will give us the much needed 6th bowler option.

BEcause its demoralising for the team
Old April 8, 2007, 10:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

hahhaa.. what a funny thread.. now.. ashraful for president...
Old April 8, 2007, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Like it or not, Bashar is looked up to by the young team members, he is very respected, even though he is not performing. You have to remember that Bashar is one of just 2 seniors, and youngsters need seniority for assurance, Rafique is another senior player but I get the feeling that he does not exude the same warmth that Bashar does which helps our youngsters feel at ease. In fact, I think Rafique is in a sense a youngster himself
Old April 8, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

well.. hes right.. ashraful has better experience than nafees has as a captain... ashraful onek captaincy korse.. nafees korse only in under-19 and with one or 2 A-team...

plus.. nafees is not a good player againts any quality teams.. only good agaitns zimb and lower than them..

nafees er fielding bashar er cheye kharap.... bashar to buira hoye geche..but nafees jawan theke o catch miss kore.. misfielding kore..... but ashraful oi department e o first classs however,, he needs to be more consistent..
Old April 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Like it or not, Bashar is looked up to by the young team members, he is very respected, even though he is not performing. You have to remember that Bashar is one of just 2 seniors, and youngsters need seniority for assurance, Rafique is another senior player but I get the feeling that he does not exude the same warmth that Bashar does which helps our youngsters feel at ease. In fact, I think Rafique is in a sense a youngster himself
Exactly.

FACTS:

1. Habibul Bashar is the most successful Bangladeshi cricket team of all time.

2. In the past 8 matches, Bangladesh have only lost 3. To the very good Sri Lankan side who are potential champions, once to New Zealand who they had already beaten and who are unbeaten in the World Cup, and we beat them once though as well, as well as losing to the reigning World Champions and currently ranked no.1 team in the world, Australia. All three of these sides are potential world champions.

3. Bangladesh under Bashar have beaten New Zealand, India and have thrashed South Africa.

4. Bangladesh have progressed their furtherst ever in the World Cup.

5. Bangladesh have scored their highest World Cup innings.

If 1 month ago, or even 6 months ago most of us were told that all this would have happened we would have been more than happy to hear that we would achieve this.

Bashar WILL STAY, because the BCB and Dave Whatmore will continue to back the most successful Bangladeshi captain of all time and Dave knows what the key to our success is.

Last edited by GoldenAsif; April 8, 2007 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Typing error
Old April 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Not to be funny, I was really inpressed with Mushi's observation during the BD-SA game and changes that he made with Bashar's permission. I think he is not performing as well as he should and still have a long way to go, but I think he's got a good cricketing head and the experience of winning as the U-19 captain. To argue against some of you him being too young, I would say, age has nothing to do with captaincy but experience may be, but if you got good cricketing brain then that can be compensated as well.
Old April 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAsif
Exactly.

FACTS:

1. Habibul Bashar is the most successful Bangladeshi cricket team of all time.

2. In the past 8 matches, Bangladesh have only lost 3. To the very good Sri Lankan side who are potential champions, once to New Zealand who they had already beaten and who are unbeaten in the World Cup, and twice to the reigning World Champions and currently ranked no.1 team in the world, Australia. All three of these sides are potential world champions.

3. Bangladesh under Bashar have beaten New Zealand, India and have thrashed South Africa.

4. Bangladesh have progressed their furtherst ever in the World Cup.

5. Bangladesh have scored their highest World Cup innings.

If 1 month ago, or even 6 months ago most of us were told that all this would have happened we would have been more than happy to hear that we would achieve this.

Bashar WILL STAY, because the BCB and Dave Whatmore will continue to back the most successful Bangladeshi captain of all time and Dave knows what the key to our success is.
Uh, what are you talking about? We lost 3 times in the past seven matches, to Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, and when did we lose to Australia twice? And if we did lose to Australia twice then that plus the loss to New Zealand still makes 3 losses in 7 matches.
Old April 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Typing error...now corrected.

Fact is Bashar is our most successful captain ever and our most experienced player.
Old April 9, 2007, 04:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Are bhai, ashraful has not become consistent yet... let him settle down in his current position. Let's not distract him from his main task.
If Ashraful has not yet proved himself to be consistent, then none in the BD team is consistent. See the stats of last 10/12 matches BD played and find out statistically who is the most consistent in BD team.

He plays for the team and tries to meet the need of the situation, that costs him sometime. But check with all the big wins Bangladesh Had till now, it is Ashraful who contributed max with bat. None compares to him in BD team.
Old April 9, 2007, 06:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think people should stop Bashar bashing - he is the best that we have. I think he should bat at 3 as well. Its not all about trying to be 90/4 after 15 overs much rather be 60/1. But on the other hand I think he should retire from ODI after this world cup and give some else a chance. But who will be the captain - Nafees ? MRahim ? or a temporary one in the shape of Ashraful ?
Old April 9, 2007, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

first of all... correct the title. it looks like you are talking about past BD captains. i cant remember Ash as a captain. and also if you are serious, you better know that a good player not necessarily be a good captain. after bashar, SN or even Mushfiq can be a better candidate.
Old April 9, 2007, 06:53 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Ahem. I would like Mashrafee to be the captain. Let Ashraful be the vice captain.
Old April 9, 2007, 07:32 AM
Club Cricketer

In my view,

None of these youngs holds the quality to sustain the pressure, game plan capability, experience and over all maturity to be a captain. Bashar can improve in many areas but right now he is the best combination in one we have and i think he is doing OK job so far except lacking some attacking/ambitious mentality while field. You also got to remember he is a product of pre ICC cup era and we do not have any successor as of yet!