facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Rafiq's success against Australia

There is an interesting article in Cricinfo by S Rajesh today. In one of the topics, he mentioned how Australia is somewhat vulnerable against left arm spin. Guess who tops the list in the left arm spinners section. Yeah its our own Mohammad Rafique. His bowling average against the aussies is 27.72 when his career average is 36.59. Quiet remarkable. I know he played only two tests against them and both of them was in Bangladesh but it is impressive.

Quote:
The table below shows the performances of left-arm spinners against Australia, and Rafique is the only one whose numbers against Australia are significantly better than his career stats.

Left-arm spinners v Aus since 1990
BowlerTests v AusWicketsAverageCareer Average
Mohammad Rafique21127.7236.59
Murali Kartik31332.1534.16
Daniel Vettori145234.9435.01
Phil Tufnell123638.1337.68
Paul Adams51539.3332.87
Venkapathy Raju81750.3530.72
Nicky Boje61255.1642.65
Ashley Giles92056.9540.60
Australia versus Left-arm Spin

Old December 15, 2006, 12:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
There is an interesting article in Cricinfo by S Rajesh today. In one of the topics, he mentioned how Australia is somewhat vulnerable against left arm spin. Guess who tops the list in the left arm spinners section. Yeah its our own Mohammad Rafique. His bowling average against the aussies is 27.72 when his career average is 36.59. Quiet remarkable. I know he played only two tests against them and both of them was in Bangladesh but it is impressive.

Australia versus Left-arm Spin
just when I was about to copy paste it, some one else done it before me , just goes to show how much we cherish our Rafique Mamu
Old December 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Rafique the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 15, 2006, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

And now we have an arsenal of SLA's. I think our bowling department has overtaken our batting in terms of potency. I feel our main strength now is our bowling. We have two pretty good fast bowlers in mashrafee and shahdat and our SLA's like rafique, sakib, razzak and enamul Jnr are extremely good.
Old December 15, 2006, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

We will find out when they play stronger teams. Razzak, Sakib and Mehrab hasn't got much exposure against quality batting yet and it will surely be a good test. Rafique deserves some credit for showing the path though. In another thread, someone mentioned how he had the lowest economy rate for a Bangladeshi bowler till yesterday when he conceded only 14 runs in 10 overs against Australia. That is impressive.
Old December 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I am not sure about mehrab but I am confident that sakib and razzak will do very well against all opposition. BTW I am talking about ODI"s here. In test matches it is a different story altogether and only rafique and enamul jnr might be effective and to some extent razzak.
Old December 16, 2006, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quite remarkable, especially since Rafique got to bowl only three innings against the Aussies.
Old December 16, 2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

It's quite brilliant but Rafique won't get any more chance to play a test match against Australia in his cricket life .