facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 5, 2005, 03:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Few findings for Bangladesh failure

I was trying to figure out why BD's failure is much greater then its success. Following are the few points that is coming up in my mind -

- First point I like to make is the cricket structure isn't adequate enough to prepare our players with the mental toughness and technically sound required to become a good international player.

- Players used to play for the club like Abahoni and Mohamedan would face stiff competition to be selected for the first team and had to play tough tournament and league which are absent at the moment.

-BCB seems more interested to give exposer on International tournament then domestic cricket league and structure.

- At present most of the national team players come from representing U19 team, having little or no first class experiences. As a result, they haven't developed mental strength and technical expertise necessary to play in international level. And the gulf between international level and U19 level exposed immediately.

- If we look at the Zimbabwe team before even playing single test they had lots of player who were playing in one of the strongest cricket league which is county cricket. Until they had their internal conflict started they had pretty good result against every test nation. For example, until now India never win a test series in Zimbabwe.

- Srilanka's main strength is their cricket structure. Their domestic league is very competitive and play regular league in school and college level. Also have a good cricket academy. Until recently SL didn't have many players playing in county cricket but still they were very successful team because they have excellent domestic structure.

- Players used to slected for BD team most of them played for the Big club in dhaka and consistently had to perform few years for the club before they been picked for the national team. Thats why those players were more consistent and successful then the present corps of player (current best players like Bashar, Rafique, Chacha and Pilot all of them comes from the club and been successfull).

Old September 5, 2005, 07:39 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree 110%. But id does not matter whether we agree or not. It matters whether the BCB gives a damn about it or not. Are they listening? They are busy in self promotion and factioonal fighting.
Old September 5, 2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

I think its the worms (krimi) in BD ppls stomach..tapeworm, threadworm,silkworm..all kinds of them. And its the krimi in the head of management and officials. We devoted fans just cry in vain..:duh:
Old September 5, 2005, 09:54 PM
Cricket Guru

too much rice and dal, for players too much attention for no reason, too many sponsors and government expendings, too many cell phones, too many lots for housing for free, too much family love, putting too much sun screen so that they don't become too much dark, too much corruption in BCB, too much chaca bhatija connection..it\s goes on and on...the most succesful circket team who is renowned for its failures
Old September 6, 2005, 02:29 AM
Street Cricketer

I think there should be a petition set up here in BC website and all the fas should endorse it and then make sure it reaches BCB.

Gonotontro, if applied coectly can b powerful and effective!