facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 4, 2005, 07:15 PM
Banned

Default Cricinfo against BD Cricket again

The tone of Cricinfo does not sound friendly recently, a little bit humilating to BD cricket. It says in a recent article that BD is running scared, does not have courage to face Kenya.

BBC published an article on the same issue but in a 'civilized' and 'refined' manner.

BD cricketers please, please, wake up and perform like tigers and make Cricinfo's mouth shut.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 12:52 AM GMT, by m35helal.

Old October 4, 2005, 08:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Old October 4, 2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Tigers..get out of that cat outfit..meow meow..Grr Grr
Old October 4, 2005, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

[sarcasm]
yes, go and complain and whine like ..... tigers!
[/sarcasm]
Old October 5, 2005, 06:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

This kind of comment is only to be expected when BCB decides against playing Zimbabwe, Kenya etc., for undisturbed domestic cricket of all things.

Several members of this forum used to suggest that Bangladesh should take on countries like Zimbabwe, Holland and Kenya but when there is a chance to do so, there does not seem to be the same enthusiasm at the BCB and even among fans !

I read some meow-meows and grr-grrs in this thread. I thinks free cats are better than caged tigers.

If this goes on, tigers (real ones) will protest to the animal rights bodies that they are being humiliated by the BD cricketers being called tigers.

Though Bangladesh lost badly in recent times, there is an emerging wave of talent in your country. You should guage your strength NOW against Zimbabwe and Kenya. I am sure Ash, Aftab and Shahriar Nafees would shine against those countries.

Come on ! Unlreash the Bengali tigers in Africa ! Hopefully the lions there won't be as ferocious as those you found in Sri Lanka !!

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 11:12 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old October 5, 2005, 08:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

If we can get some chuckers in our team to bowl for us, I am pretty sure we can beat any team in the world.
Old October 5, 2005, 09:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by abherath
This kind of comment is only to be expected when BCB decides against playing Zimbabwe, Kenya etc., for undisturbed domestic cricket of all things.
This time you got it wrong brother..

CricInfo is originally a reputed minnow-basher and that's their most favorite time-pass. Trace cricinfo's reportings/polls on minnows for a few monthes and you will know it well too.

Anyway... personally I don't really see any point in bothering too much about these sort of 'supportive'(!) reportings. We should 'thank' Cricinfo and move on really.
Old October 5, 2005, 10:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Anyway... personally I don't really see any point in bothering too much about these sort of 'supportive'(!) reportings. We should 'thank' Cricinfo and move on really.
I agree with you.
Old October 5, 2005, 10:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Why blame cricinfo? Why not blame the Bangladesh cricket? I have no problem at all with cricinfo.
Old October 5, 2005, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well honestly i think the only reason bd are not going to Kenya is because our board feels we will lose to them and possibly zimbabwe as well. the state of domestic crciket won't take a sharp turn in the next couple of months, and we probably would've been better off playing zimbabwe and kenya, at least in terms of match practice.

imo, we WILL lose at least a few matches to kenya and zimbabwe irrespective of when we play them. it's sad, but well we have to accept the truth. we ARE in fact running away from the kenyans here; however, i don't think cricinfo are justified in their choices of titles and reporting; "Running Scared" is very unprofessional and shows how much they hate the two minnows in test cricket. I can also say for sure that they wouldn't come up with similar titles if India refused to go to Pakistan (which did happen a couple of years ago, more because the Indians were scared of losing than anything else). not picking on India here, but rather pointing out the kind of bias that you will find on cricinfo from time to time.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 4:15 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 4:16 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old October 5, 2005, 12:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawah
If we can get some chuckers in our team to bowl for us, I am pretty sure we can beat any team in the world.
Really cheap shot Dawah and an obvious attempt to bait any SL fan. You do not determine who is chucking or not - the ICC does and as far as I know, none of Murali's wickets have been struck from the record book. Out of respect to the fact that we have fans of all countries frequent this website, please be a tad more sensitive.

mod.warning
Old October 5, 2005, 01:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

After the debacles in the longer version of the game in the last 2 series, the focus is on the longer version of the game, and quality domestic cricket. Pyjama cricket in Nairobi is not the solution, if we wish to get better preparation for the upcoming season. Going all the way to Nairobi to play ODIs in the middle of the domestic season (and the subsequent knock-on effect on the morale of the domestic team losing their national players) is not good for our game, and has been identified as one of the major reasons our domestic cricket in uncompetitive. Also the players have hardly had time to relfect and work on their weaknesses and problems. I, for one, don't want to see any international cricket for the next 5 months. So when the new season starts, the national players will come out hungry to taste international cricket once again having had a good uninterrupted domestic season where they worked on their weaknesses. I am convinced this is the right move in the long-run. If I were the BCB, I would negociate hard to have our domestic season free of international commitments, or at best one home series.
Old October 5, 2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
After the debacles in the longer version of the game in the last 2 series, the focus is on the longer version of the game, and quality domestic cricket. Pyjama cricket in Nairobi is not the solution, if we wish to get better preparation for the upcoming season. Going all the way to Nairobi to play ODIs in the middle of the domestic season (and the subsequent knock-on effect on the morale of the domestic team losing their national players) is not good for our game, and has been identified as one of the major reasons our domestic cricket in uncompetitive. Also the players have hardly had time to relfect and work on their weaknesses and problems. I, for one, don't want to see any international cricket for the next 5 months. So when the new season starts, the national players will come out hungry to taste international cricket once again having had a good uninterrupted domestic season where they worked on their weaknesses. I am convinced this is the right move in the long-run. If I were the BCB, I would negociate hard to have our domestic season free of international commitments, or at best one home series.
Well stated Zobair...BCB has used intellects instead of emotion or any prejudice

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 6:41 PM GMT, by m35helal.
Old October 5, 2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

cricinfo is much constructive in reporting about bd cricket if you compare with some of the threads and posts in BC.
i assume cricinfo is actually run by our sub continental 'BIG brother' and personally i don't expect anything other than 'big bro' attitudes.
Old October 5, 2005, 03:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamManager
Why blame cricinfo? Why not blame the Bangladesh cricket? I have no problem at all with cricinfo.
exactly, why try to hide the truth?

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by 6alltheway.
Old October 6, 2005, 02:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Quote:
This time you got it wrong brother..

CricInfo is originally a reputed minnow-basher and that's their most favorite time-pass. Trace cricinfo's reportings/polls on minnows for a few monthes and you will know it well too.

Cricinfo may be a minnow-basher. Cricinfo's recent poll on test reforms was an example.

The point I was trying to make though, was that the current attitude of BCB is fuelling such bashing. This time around Cricinfo is justified too in what they are saying about BD not taking on tours and that is even worse than normal anti-BD stuff they publish. This time around you can't even argue against what they are saying !

What if senior cricketing nations refuse to play BD just like BD refuses to play Kenya ? They (seniors) will talk about test matches ending is less than 2 1/2 days ! That is another aspect.

BD should make use of these international cricket opportunities to come out of the present rut. I have read here and in your newspapers about the shambles BD domestic cricket is in right now.

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 8:05 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old October 6, 2005, 02:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by 6alltheway
Quote:
exactly, why try to hide the truth?

Edited on, October 5, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by 6alltheway.
Excellent, TeamManager and 6alltheway ! You have the guts to say it !

You obviously take this stand as you love BD cricket and not because you support Cricinfo.

Given the current state of play in BD, it is time to look inwards and do some soul-searching than point fingers at the outside world.

Tigers need to think, regroup and come back roaring !!!
Old October 6, 2005, 02:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
It is much better to be self-critical in a constructive way than just sling mud.

Bangladeshi cricket at the highest level has hit a new low and you need to look at it honestly and take corrective action. You have all the ingredients to perform well but you have to put it all together.

Also, your farmers, pot makers etc. need the mud. It is a natural resource. Don't just throw it overseas, free of charge !!!
Old October 6, 2005, 02:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
Quote:
Really cheap shot Dawah and an obvious attempt to bait any SL fan. You do not determine who is chucking or not - the ICC does and as far as I know, none of Murali's wickets have been struck from the record book. Out of respect to the fact that we have fans of all countries frequent this website, please be a tad more sensitive.

mod.warning
Well said ! This once again shows the impartiality and professionalism of the moderators of this forum. I salute you.

Any Sri Lankan who still visits this forum after the recent extremely pathetic performance by BD in Sri Lanka obviously supports BD cricket. Else, they will not find this site of any interest; they'd rather vist a forum of India, Australia or NZ who are tough sides promising interesting series with SL.

I am here as I mean well for BD cricket. I hope my comments would be taken for what they are; constructive criticism.

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 8:08 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old October 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

I think the missing part here is, does not matter what you say (as a citizen of a democratic country, of course you have the right to say lot of thngs), but what matters the most is how do you say - your way of delivery.

Look at the BBC report, it talks about the same thing but the tone is civilized, professional, non- aggressive, non-intimidating- and this is the best way to go.

So we are not scared of critcism, our concern is attitude.

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 5:56 PM GMT, by m35helal.
Old October 6, 2005, 01:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by m35helal
I think the missing part here is, does not matter what you say (as a citizen of a democratic country, of course you have the right to say lot of thngs), but what matters the most is how do you say - your way of delivery.

Look at the BBC report, it talks about the same thing but the tone is civilized, professional, non- aggressive, non-intimidating- and this is the best way to go.

That criticism is not good for you which cannot force you to do what you should do. We were given test status five years back and we were saying "give us five years to prove ourselves". Five years gone by and still we are saying "give us five years to prove ourselves". Where are we heading to? Do you really think our cricketing structure has moved forward? Cricinfo and such sites are doing a good job by strongly criticising us otherwise we will never wake up! And some times bad attitude is a part of this package. I would take this criticise along with this bad attitude rather than losing test status. Are you with me? I hope you will agree with me now. Maybe not....
Old October 6, 2005, 01:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

This criticism specially from cricinfo hurts me so much. But what can we do as long as the fulbabu players of Bangladesh cricket team dont do anything? We fans are frustrated, agonized, bruised in our heart. But are the players of Bangladesh cricket team feeling the same way? Most of them dont know how it feels like to be bruised that way. They are too worried to earn more money. Thats all!
Old October 6, 2005, 01:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
The point I was trying to make though, was that the current attitude of BCB is fuelling such bashing. This time around Cricinfo is justified too in what they are saying about BD not taking on tours and that is even worse than normal anti-BD stuff they publish. This time around you can't even argue against what they are saying !

What if senior cricketing nations refuse to play BD just like BD refuses to play Kenya ? They (seniors) will talk about test matches ending is less than 2 1/2 days ! That is another aspect.
Well... just for information, this whole idea of playing a BD-ZIM-KEN tri-series was actually initiated by BCB itself. Before BCB proposed this series, it did not even exist anywhere and it still doesnt exist in ICCs schedule.

There was actually a specific target that BCB wanted to achieve by playing this series. It was a point of time when ICC had declared few months back that the next Champions trophy tournament will be played among 8 Test Nations instead of 10. And for that, the Teams Ranked 7-10 in the ICC table will have to play a qualifying round to become the 7th & 8th team of the tourny. Moreover, at that point of time, ICC still had their 2 year old Ranking Table in which BD was still ranked 11 behind Kenya (10). BCB immediately started thinking about a tri-series and that was solely an attempt to improve Ranking by playing it. BCB had confidence enough on its team and did not back off from it and started to communicate the other two nations.

But soon thereafter, ICC updated its Ranking chart as they were due to every 2 years. We all know what happened afterwards. BD was naturally promoted to Rank 10 in the table and the sole drive for the series for BCBs part was lost. The whole idea ended up on the lone issue of helping Kenyan cricket by playing an extra-curricular series. Well... no matter how selfish it sounds, it is actually a good move by BCB to back off from the series at a time when the team is in shambles and they need some serious soul-searching to do and the available 5 months break from International Cricket looks to be a good space of time for it.

Now lets go back to the obligation issue and CricInfos manner and double-standard of reporting. On hand, this website is making utterly humiliating remarks to BCB for not playing a series that this cricket board itself had initiated. On the other hand, it refuses to write even a single word about their beloved India team, which has been refusing to make time to host their ICC scheduled (in their FTP) home-series hosting BD. Indian Board and its captain has lately been openly raising voices against hosting minnow teams because that is, in their words, some big financial loss. India currently remains to be the only Test nation who has not hosted Bangladesh yet for a home series even though it was the nation that BD stated playing test against. BCBs move to avoid a series proposed by themselves actually gave CricInfo just another golden opportunity to charge its nasty swords once more on the minnows. Personally, I am 100% certain that BCB would never even think of playing around with the series like India has been doing if this series was actually a part of ICCs regular matches/series. Where is CricInfos voice of justice in the rather bigger case of the BD-INDIA test match series anyway??

Finally, BDs current weakness is rather in the longer version of the game. Flaying all the way to Kenya just to play a 3-match ODI series does not sound like a very good way to improve performance of Test matches stronger teams. Pushing a team into it, when the team rather needs some time with themselves to really look deep into their troubles and try to come out a solution, sounds a little bit ruthless... dont you think?
Old October 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by m35helal

Are you with me? I hope you will agree with me now. Maybe not....
Not necessarily. Just read the reply of Ahmed-B, Moderator
Old October 6, 2005, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

All in all,, BD cricketers are now forced to play domestic cricket, which is a good sign. Given that the BCB has pretty much abandoned the idea of of Zim tour, discussion is also moot. None of the officials know how to use the net anyways,, and they aint reading what we are saying here.