facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2006, 05:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Rahim instead of Al-Sahariar?

Right,
so BCB didn't recall Al-Sahariar because they wanted to stick with experience.....the so-called "winning combination."

I guess it's entirely logical choice that they picked Rahim ahead of Rajin Saleh and Aftab Ahmed right?

Bull!!! On what basis was this kid chosen? Maybe they want to groom an understudy for Mashud, but you cannot accelerate a cricketer's learning curve by throwing him in front of whirly wily Muralidaran! This guy needs at least 4 or 5 years of first class cricket to deserve a place in our test squad, despite his heroics in the warmup games in England.

Al-Sahariar.....fine domestic form.....wisdom of age that no 17 year old can posess. If you can bloody well pick Rahim ahead of Rajin and Aftab, you can bloody well pick Al-Sahariar ahead of all three of 'em!

Old March 12, 2006, 05:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Rahim or ROHIM?
Old March 12, 2006, 05:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
If you can bloody well pick Rahim ahead of Rajin and Aftab, you can bloody well pick Al-Sahariar ahead of all three of 'em!
Even though i don't agree with the inclusion of Rokon in general, i think, your argument has a merit considering the disaster the selectors have put us through.
Old March 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Rohim....Rahim.....whichever u prefer

Hey! I would be fine if it was Rajin (my 1st choice) or Alok or Aftab! But selectors did harikiri by picking Rahim. Bacha chele! Not even one proper first class season under his belt. Selectors think that U-19 World Cup standard is higher than our domestic cricket standard? Barisal-B will trounce any of those sides!

umm.....well maybe!
Old March 12, 2006, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Saif bhai, is there by any chance you are following the National Cricket league this year? Can you tell me who scored the highest individual innings this season? Who are the players scored back to back match centuries? Who are the players with top averages with bat?

Figure out the answer and then tell me again who is going to trounce who.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Frankly, I think Rokon has the potential to send the Kenyan fielders on a leather chase so bad, they'd start having nightmares, that's just me. A lot of our national players fail but since rokon comes with so much promise, his failures look glaring in comparison. Poor guy. The last time he got a start was back in August of 2003, against Australia.

Rokon should have been an automatic choice for this series. Sad that BCB selectors don't think so. I am more of a numbers guy. If we are all so worried about Tikolo because he scored so many runs in the domestic league, then by that same standard, Rokon should get in the BD side.

As for the fans who are up in arms against Ash for his inconsistency but put Tikolo up in a pedastal, take a look at this:

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
SO Tikolo 4 4 0 132 98 33.00 103.12 - 1 1 -

That one score of 98 was highlighted by many. He only managed 34 runs in 3 innings against the understrength Zimbabwe C side. Ash on the other hand scores 119 runs in 3 innings with 2 fifties. I clearly remember some name calling and some demands of removing Ash from the side. When are we going to learn that no one (not even the Tendulkar or the Lara's) can go out there and hit a 50 or a hundred in every single or every other or even every third game, it just doesn't happen that way, this is not simulation cricket where you can give your fav player god like powers and turn the game mode on EASY.

Going back to Tikolo, I'd be happy if we can keep him contained and limit his total score under 150. He is very familiar with our pitch but probably not our bowlers.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Rahim is a good cricketer, but just could not withstand the pressure at the test level. I would ask Banglacricket fans not to badmouth this boy.
Remember, your professor can drop a bad mid-term when you have a good final. Do not rate Rahim on this series - he had to play Murali!
Old March 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rokon tends to do good under pressure. If you have something pointed towards him he will perform...... that guy needs some serious aim of life or some motivation EXTRA to the regular game play
Old March 12, 2006, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 2:15 AM GMT, by akabir77.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:57 PM
Administrator

WE are all very smart folks. We are able to make scientific analyses and decisions based on one data point. We are so excrutiatingly intelligrnt that we can create an entirely accurate predictive model based on one event - one over, one match, one batting innings.

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 2:40 AM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Zuanid - whoa, you've obviously been sitting in the BCB selection committee meeting and stealing their motto. tsk tsk tsk.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

I was talking about the fans.
Old March 12, 2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

but it's so much easier to push the blame on someone else.
Old March 13, 2006, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Look guys,
i don't mean to badmouth rahim......i really don't think too many people are badmouthing him, but my argument is about "who deserverves to play tests."

TheWatcher,
I really don't have time to sift thru records, but what i read from the Daily Star, I gather that Rokon is having an outstanding season.
Old March 13, 2006, 12:50 AM
Test Cricketer

And Zunaid bhai,
u can argue that my reaction is being spontaneous with little integrity, but I assure you, I made numerous calls for Rokon's inclusion before the BD-SL series began (not necessarily in the test squad, but definitely in the preliminary).

i guess u guys are kind of sick and tired of talking about this.....so feel free to discontinue your replies.