facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 31, 2006, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniad
Funny is it not that alchol is not allowed in Islam but Ganja is ok.
Who gave you that fatwa ???

Old August 1, 2006, 01:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniad
Funny is it not that alchol is not allowed in Islam but Ganja is ok.
Who gave you that fatwa ???
Its not alchohol, rather any kind of intoxicant is prohibited. Ganja falls on that.

Quote:
Quran Chapter 2 verse 219
Transliteration: Yas-aloonaka AAani alkhamri waalmaysiri qul feehima ithmun kabeerun wamanafiAAu lilnnasi wa-ithmuhuma akbaru min.....
Translation: They ask you about intoxicants and gambling: say, "In them there is a gross sin, and some benefits for the people. But their sinfulness far outweighs their benefit."....
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 1, 2006, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Its not alchohol, rather any kind of intoxicant is prohibited. Ganja falls on that.
Just wondering what alkhamri really means. Does it really means 'intoxicants' or broader than that. I am not an expert, thats why I am asking this question.

I was told that it means "you are a slave of that substance".

In that case the senarios can be changed a little bit. For exmaple people who are dependent on "Pan-shupati-Chun-Jorda-Shada Pata-khoir" (Jorda/Khoir/sada pata have same effect like alcohol or drug... the the head start spinning) or dependent to cigeratte (actually cheap cigeratte and biri are more unhealthy than ganga).

What about who drinks little bit of red-wine after dinner for healty heart (as some medical community suggests) without being drunk or being dependent ?
Old August 1, 2006, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Fazal,
I think 'slave of that substance' actually cover Pan supari Jorda. If I remember correctly once or twice Islamiat teacher at school told us Cigarate is also haram on that account and we should not smoke.
Regarding wine or any kind of alcohole there is debate whether you could take it as medicine or not. May be some one with more knowledge could shed light on it.
Old August 1, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

[quote=Fazal]....I was told that it means "you are a slave of that substance".... [/quote]

Nooooooooo! Say, "it ain't so!!!" I am turning to a slave of BanglaCricket. Don't feel like doing my work at the office. Addicted. Fatwa people!! Am I doing wrong?
Old August 1, 2006, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Are we going to start the debate between literalists and interpretists when it comes to Koranic matters?

Anything that intoxicates is haram - the key here is the definition of intoxication.

Questions are many...

Imbibing something not as an intoxicant but for its medicinal effects, is that haram?
Remember chess was banned once for it was deemed intoxicant.
Is BC haram?

Interesting questions to ponder on an idle afternoon as I await the next BD game.

Zunaid "stoking the fires" Kazi
Old August 1, 2006, 11:10 AM
Banned

i can't remember the exact quote but it was said any substances which affect normal mental state or any activities which stop you from praying are haram with the exception of medical purpose.
can somone varify this?
thanks.
Old August 1, 2006, 12:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

[quote=Cats_eye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
....I was told that it means "you are a slave of that substance".... [/quote]

Nooooooooo! Say, "it ain't so!!!" I am turning to a slave of BanglaCricket. Don't feel like doing my work at the office. Addicted. Fatwa people!! Am I doing wrong?
NEED HELP HERE, TOO.
Old August 1, 2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Just wondering what alkhamri really means. Does it really means 'intoxicants' or broader than that. I am not an expert, thats why I am asking this question.

I was told that it means "you are a slave of that substance".

In that case the senarios can be changed a little bit. For exmaple people who are dependent on "Pan-shupati-Chun-Jorda-Shada Pata-khoir" (Jorda/Khoir/sada pata have same effect like alcohol or drug... the the head start spinning) or dependent to cigeratte (actually cheap cigeratte and biri are more unhealthy than ganga).

What about who drinks little bit of red-wine after dinner for healty heart (as some medical community suggests) without being drunk or being dependent ?
خمر "Khamr" comes from the root word "Khamara" which means "to cover." Anything that covers/hinders/alters/clouds the rational mind is prohibited.

Also note the word Khumur (plural of Khimar, which means to cover) in 24:31. Khimar also comes from same root word Khamara.
Quote:
Quran Chapter 24 Verse 31:
Transliteration: .... thahara minha walyadribna bikhumurihinna
Translation: .... They shall cover their chests, and ...
But obviously if it is being used for medical purpose then you are not using to cover your rational thinking and thus that would not be prohibited.

I need to split this thread right where the discussion changed
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.