facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 4, 2006, 05:07 PM

Default Lets help build the future

Cheer up friends. Losing the series against Zimbabwe is not the end of the world.We have one series to go against Kenya and Champions Trophy is comming in October. We need to play an important role as a fan to inspire and motivate our players to be ready for the future. Please help our beloved team with your valuable siggestions and however you can. We won in 1971against all odds, 1990( against shairacher) and we will win again inshallah. Friends, be with the team when they needed you most. The future is obviously ours.

Old August 4, 2006, 05:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I agree we won in 1971,1990. But how many times WE LOST. We are loosing all through our lives. Few people who are serious migrated and may be established, but that's 2%. 98% of the people are such mentality and you want to march with these 98%. Forget 98%, take the 100 cricketers; you want to move with them.
Don't get disheartened when you look back to those idiots who doesn't know how to play cricket but came with you because they thought they will get something from you(e.g. money), they won't give you anything back. That's how they are.

But, yes the world is not over. We gota find solutions. If needed we need to create test tube cricketers. Snatch the dnas' of other cricketers around the world and make clones. Just like the novels of Jafar Iqbal. Otherwise our character trait won't show any progress. We have to start from grass root.
Old August 4, 2006, 05:46 PM

I know you are a true fan of Bd cricket. And you have logic too. Still we have to live and try for a better one. The world is not beside us(for whatever reasons are!May be it's for our nature!!) and only we can help out ourselves. Lets start helping each-other and for sure, we will reach our goal. It might take time though. Lets work hard and hope for the best my friend. Cheers-
Old August 4, 2006, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru

If you wana change the team, we have to import players to our country. Yes that's the way it happens. Look at other teams(e.g. Zimb have so many white players who settle there long time ago), same with Canada. I know Pak,Ind,lanka might be exception but we as bengali won't be that much powerful. Or we could export our players to different leagues of different countries, if they pity on us.
Old August 4, 2006, 08:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

It's our mentality and not able to take any pressure.It's here and as well as our other sports.All the same Cricket,football or any one you name it.
Last over 17 runs..last ball 5 runs and where was the seriousness or team discussion in the middle of the field?
How about today?Did anyone play with commitment and dedications ??????
Old August 4, 2006, 10:09 PM
Club Cricketer

1971? 1990? - we are talkin about cricket here. nothing to do with how we won then. kalpurush bhai i am not criticising. i agree with u that insallah we will win
Old August 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Good inspiring thoughts. Thank you for that.
What ever we do I don't think we can keep going on without fixing the fundamentals.

1. Mentality
2. Hard work
3. Education
4. Respect (not just the soft kind)

These are just the few. Our infrastructure needs upgrade. I am no expert in suggesting how to fix it, but to me it seems that we lack significantly in long-term views. Players get hyped up with one fifty and press and fans get 10 times more excited and praise the players to a postion where they fall so hard that they seem to get lost.
If we are to help our players and play our part as fans may we need to change our approach to as "the reality" from "wishy wishy".

No hard feelings fans, I am just another Banglai fan who is as puzzled as many are of our team.
Old August 4, 2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

It is not possible by BD players to play consistantly with hard work and brain. It has already been proven how retarded they are: in learning and in playing.

Some will argue how long NZ took to be there where they are now. But they were not as comical and as retarded as BD players are. NZ players just took a longer time to learn the basic skills and application of this game. They were improving steadily but were never in square one like BD players.

We some fans just dream on for our passion for the game and for the country but those days may never come.
Old August 5, 2006, 12:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBall
What ever we do I don't think we can keep going on without fixing the fundamentals.

1. Mentality
2. Hard work
3. Education

These are just the few. Our infrastructure needs upgrade. I am no expert in suggesting how to fix it, but to me it seems that we lack significantly in long-term views. Players get hyped up with one fifty and press and fans get 10 times more excited and praise the players to a postion where they fall so hard that they seem to get lost.
If we are to help our players and play our part as fans may we need to change our approach to as "the reality" from "wishy wishy".

No hard feelings fans, I am just another Banglai fan who is as puzzled as many are of our team.

I wanna add no 5

5. slapping on their back for 1 hr after such idiotic performance
Old August 6, 2006, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBall

1. Mentality
2. Hard work
3. Education

With due respect, what would be the approach for us as a fan towards our team in reality? They are (players) our kids or brother or friend and we shouldn't kick them out or through them in the middle of the sea; instead, we should support them when they are in misery.
Old August 6, 2006, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Guys, keep faith on the next generatin of Sakib, Reza, Mushfiq, Mehrab. These kids are genuine cricketers and the are by born cricketer. All we need is to give them proper time and chances. They can difinitely take us towards a bright future. Don't be so frustrated and for sure we have talents in pipe-line.

I am just waiting for those days when we will have a true, honest and courageous team management.
Old August 6, 2006, 12:36 PM

Very true in deed. For sure the new generation cricketers will take us towards a bright future - lets help them and give them some time to build them up. I will be waiting for those sun-shine days.
Old August 6, 2006, 03:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Two ovservations about the BD-Zim series: We can have a ODI without Ashraful, and Alok Kapali missed all his chnaces and needs to be replaced by Sakib
Old August 7, 2006, 01:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
I wanna add no 5

5. slapping on their back for 1 hr after such idiotic performance
guess u talking from experience.. arent ya mate??lol
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]