facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default will it (should it) make us feel better?

zimbabwe are coming up on a tour against south africa. it was originally a 2 ODI series, but now its a 3 ODI series.

suppose zimbabwe gives a good account of themselves. suppose they lose by less than 50 runs in all matches or less than 5 wickets. will it make us feel any better that we lost to a decent zimbabwe side?

after all, they played fairly well against the Windies in in the carribean in a 7 ODI series.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old September 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Not really. We should'nt have lost and thats it.
Old September 11, 2006, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We should have thumped Zim. The first loss shouldn't have happened, period. All this talk before the series and no show was pathetic. Nothing can erase the pain.

If Zim play better against SA as you have indicated then SA will have some real issues in the CT and WC.
Old September 11, 2006, 05:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

we should've been over that series right when it ended. we fans need to learn to move on. in fact, that series was a pretty good one for us.
Old September 11, 2006, 05:58 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

True fans will remember the failure and not look for excuses. If we are to really feel better it can only happen when our team extracts revenge by beating Zimbabwe in the CT.
Old September 11, 2006, 08:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

The losses against Zim showed us that we still don't have the maturity to hold our nerves and play the right tricks at right moment.Also, all the matches we lost, we were in a winning position and Zim fought hard, never gave up and evantually won.Our still fragile top order, bowlers getting frustrated when there is a partnership building and most importantly lack of Profesionalism which we seemed to be overcoming becoming visible again, are some of things which hurt most.Whatever performance boost Zim might prove, won't mean any improvement for us in those regards.It will just mean their Improvement.It won't give me any solace as we all know, to become a power-house in cricket we have so many fights to fought against ourselves, let alone others.
Old September 11, 2006, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well said tokyo...

i think zim are a much better team than they were...the fact that barney rogers the MOS when we beat em at home isnt even in the side is testement to that.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

No, not at all. You may not have noticed that the' virtually full strength ZIMBOs' had suffered a humilliating clean sweep against the Australian academy side. Now how do you feel about BD's surrender to such a side?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimb...ry/259210.html

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimb...ry/259091.html

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimb...ry/258994.html
Old September 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think zim are a much better team than they were...the fact that barney rogers the MOS when we beat em at home isnt even in the side is testement to that.
Exactly!Matsikenyari-Chigumbura partnership won the match for Zim in the 1st oneday whereas we lost to Taylor in the 3rd oneday.If we wan't to claim that we are a mature side, we should have not lost to just one partnership or one batsman.Those are the places where we need to improve.I would rather been happy if Zim had beaten us in clear margin.But, the way we lost just showed that we are actually a much better team in terms of talents, but we still lack the maturity and nerve.Looking forward to see the performance at CT.That will be a true indicator.
Old September 11, 2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyobreeze
Exactly!Matsikenyari-Chigumbura partnership won the match for Zim in the 1st oneday whereas we lost to Taylor in the 3rd oneday.If we wan't to claim that we are a mature side, we should have not lost to just one partnership or one batsman.Those are the places where we need to improve.I would rather been happy if Zim had beaten us in clear margin.But, the way we lost just showed that we are actually a much better team in terms of talents, but we still lack the maturity and nerve.Looking forward to see the performance at CT.That will be a true indicator.

You said it!
Old September 12, 2006, 02:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
No, not at all. You may not have noticed that the' virtually full strength ZIMBOs' had suffered a humilliating clean sweep against the Australian academy side. Now how do you feel about BD's surrender to such a side?
Well...that's the point mate.The thing which hurts is not our lack of talents, it's our lack of Professionalism.Even if full strength Zimbo was blasted by Australian academy, they came victorious against us by showing full Professionalism.Putting BD against an Aus Academy won't bring very convincing result too I daresay, at least not yet.

Zim was ahead of us in ranking and when the game against their immidiate lower rank team came, they played professionally and came out victorious.See, Zim has been out there before us and even though almost all of their star players have departed they are still performing good against BD.BD is improving too, but we are yet to reach that level where our players can convert the talents into performance when the situation demands.Taylor played the innings when the team needed it most from him.Give the same responsibility to our Ash or Aftab, they are failing straightway.Either we want to agree or not, we haven't yet reached that level.It will take loads of work and of course loads of support from the fan like us.We are hurt for sure, but lets see it this way - this was because we expected our team to improve very fast.Wins against Kenya showed that we have certainly improved but not as much as we are thinking or hoping from the team.For me the positive thing from Zim series is that - it showed me where to limit my expectation and how to keep a balance between our true improvement and hope.
Old September 12, 2006, 06:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Its time to move on from the bad memories of african tour rather than trying to find excuses or satisfactions. Its useless to keep looking behind and the truth is that it was a bad series for BD and that was due to lack of temperament on BD side. That is all.

Time to take that tour as a lesson and simply move on and look forward. What really matters.. is how BD does when they play ZIM again in Champ trophy and coming home series in December.
Old September 12, 2006, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I want to add that, despite 3 defeats against SA, they will remain the 9th with similar point in the ICC ranking.
Old September 12, 2006, 08:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Its time to move on from the bad memories of african tour rather than trying to find excuses or satisfactions. Its useless to keep looking behind and the truth is that it was a bad series for BD and that was due to lack of temperament on BD side. That is all.

Time to take that tour as a lesson and simply move on and look forward. What really matters.. is how BD does when they play ZIM again in Champ trophy and coming home series in December.
Very well said mate.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 12, 2006, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
... the' virtually full strength ZIMBOs' had suffered a humilliating clean sweep against the Australian academy side.
Here is a scorecard of a match. Even though Zimbos were without Utseya, it is quite amazing to see how they were thrashed by the CBCE team. I would love to see this CBCE team visiting us in near future (even though it may cause quite a bit of embarrasment for us).

Last edited by TheWatcher; September 12, 2006 at 11:38 AM..