facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2007, 03:20 PM
Street Cricketer

Default what is chacha doing these days??

hi guys....this is my fist 1..n i am talking about our most hated palyer chacha..whre is he now a days..after geting kicked from management,,,is he thinking to do umpiring...1st worst bowler,then useless batsman,,then a cheap commentator.then manger,,,now what.????????????????????????????????
Old February 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafees_thebest
hi guys....this is my fist 1..n i am talking about our most hated palyer chacha..whre is he now a days..after geting kicked from management,,,is he thinking to do umpiring...1st worst bowler,then useless batsman,,then a cheap commentator.then manger,,,now what.????????????????????????????????
Banned for 3 matches of DPL by match referee for showing dissent against the LBW decision.

This happened in the last match of old DOHS against Sonargaon.

Anyway, none of your comment is true about our Chacha, he is a great motivator and will remain as one of the best cricket brain of Bangladesh.
Old February 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

why so much hatred?
Old February 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
Street Cricketer

u know y rit...............he was a useless palyer n he wasnt ready to xcept it............but 1 thing for sure,he was a gud captain unlike hablu...
Old February 11, 2007, 03:31 PM
Street Cricketer

thnks miraz for the info..........................saw he still wont leave bd cricket alone.....
Old February 11, 2007, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
thnks miraz for the info..........................saw he still wont leave bd cricket alone.....
why dont u leave the website alone and not post anymore...

sorry to attack personally but WHY open a thread abt someone who u dont like. That's just plain mean and wrong.
Old February 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I dont know about others but I hated Khaled Mahmud as a player. He was niether a good enough bowler nor a batsman nor a fielder. How he got into the side as a player is a miracle or maybe lack of players at that time helped his cause.
Old February 11, 2007, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

dont hate, not good for u..if mahmud hadnt played against pakistan in WC99, wud bangladesh have won?..therefore would bangladesh have been given test status without his vital contribution??
Old February 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
dont hate, not good for u..if mahmud hadnt played against pakistan in WC99, wud bangladesh have won?..therefore would bangladesh have been given test status without his vital contribution??
It is very hard and edges on impossible to assert that Bangladesh would have lost without Mahmud. There is no way one can say we won the match because of mahmud. The win was not because of individual brilliance in the form of khaled mahmud but a team effort where his effort was rewarded with the MOM award. I cant say we would have won without mahmud just as it is hard to say we would have lost without him.
Old February 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Those who don't know he was the first one in bd team showed some courage against any big team...

Yes i believe if he was not in that team bd couldn't have won against pakistan. Also in that tour we won against a strong county side where he quick fiered a 50 ball 80+.

You can hate some one but there is no reason to spread that. yeah if you love some one then you can spread that but not hatered..

You may think he was a useless bowler but he was best first chg we had at that time just ask rabi shastri about it.

And you wonder why he was still got a chance in bd team it wasn't becaus he had mama chacha becuse he was the fighter and that's why people like gordon grinich couldn't leave him out...

His gentle pace was not good in most condition but bowler like him do exsists. look up some from NZ team...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 11, 2007, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Those who don't know he was the first one in bd team showed some courage against any big team...

Yes i believe if he was not in that team bd couldn't have won against pakistan. Also in that tour we won against a strong county side where he quick fiered a 50 ball 80+.

You can hate some one but there is no reason to spread that. yeah if you love some one then you can spread that but not hatered..

You may think he was a useless bowler but he was best first chg we had at that time just ask rabi shastri about it.

And you wonder why he was still got a chance in bd team it wasn't becaus he had mama chacha becuse he was the fighter and that's why people like gordon grinich couldn't leave him out...

His gentle pace was not good in most condition but bowler like him do exsists. look up some from NZ team...
I presume your post is a reply of mine since I was the one who talked about hating mahmud as a player. It seemed to have touched a sensitive chord with you I guess but let me try and reply to each of your statements. You say we wouldnt have won that match without mahmud because of the three wickets. Well in that case we couldnt have won the match without Shahriar hossain's half century either or without contributions from Mehrab hossain Opee or the fielding. The point I am trying to make is the win was a team effort and not an individual performance that your assertion about Mahmud being the pivotal person behind the win is not valid. Again I am not trying to spread hate but just state a fact that I hated him as a player because he was not good at anything. You say that he was the best first change bowler we had. That just goes to show that I was right on the money when I said he must have gotten into the team at time becuase of the poor quality of players we had in our team back then. If mahmud can be the best first change bowler then it doesnt leave anything to the imagination how terrible the bowling attack and the reserve strength of our bowling was back then. Yes there are bowlers in NZ who also bowl at mahmud's pace and I dont think highly of them either nor do the cricket world I think. Gavin larson was a much better bowler than mahmud but I dont think anyone would mention his name when talking about good bowlers to come out of NZ. I respect mahmud for being courageous and a fighter but he was a cricketer with zero ability in all departments of the game. If you saw his wickets against pakistan it was all mistakes of the batsman that cost them their wickets and they were all innocuous deliveries.

Last edited by layperson; February 12, 2007 at 02:51 AM..
Old February 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
Street Cricketer

oh many of u saying about our win against pakistan....to remind u once again it is still in the hands of delhi police n they r finding if it was a amatch fixing or not...and i believe it was a match fixing........show mw any other contribution of chacha xcept this controversial win......:p
Old February 12, 2007, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
oh many of u saying about our win against pakistan....to remind u once again it is still in the hands of delhi police n they r finding if it was a amatch fixing or not...and i believe it was a match fixing........show mw any other contribution of chacha xcept this controversial win......:p
Now this is something I hate a lot. When people try to say that our win against Pakistan was fixed. If you dont have any proof then people should just shut their hole instead of speculating. It has been 6 years now and if there was proof of match fixing it would have come out in the open by now. Why some people has such a hard time digesting that we beat pakistan fair and sqaure is beyond me. To all those I just have this to say: either back your words up with proof or shut your dirty hole. Sore losers.
Old February 12, 2007, 03:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Delhi police!!! my a$$. They make them sound like scotland yard or FBI. They just want to get some cheap international attention and hence digging through our famous win. Infact delhi police is good for nothing, just few phone tapes and old broken indian jeep, what do you except from them?

Nafees_thebest, by pointing out the match fixing thing and believing in that, you have just proved your background.

one thing i agree with you is about Chacha. He never impressed me. He was in the team just coz of his strong back office hold,his sappy emotion and support from the media. He was a good motivator bla bla but i guess that didn't help us wining any match. I believe that a success player can only be a good motivator in bd cricket.
Old February 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I presume your post is a reply of mine since I was the one who talked about hating mahmud as a player. It seemed to have touched a sensitive chord with you I guess but let me try and reply to each of your statements. You say we wouldnt have won that match without mahmud because of the three wickets. Well in that case we couldnt have won the match without Shahriar hossain's half century either or without contributions from Mehrab hossain Opee or the fielding. The point I am trying to make is the win was a team effort and not an individual performance that your assertion about Mahmud being the pivotal person behind the win is not valid. Again I am not trying to spread hate but just state a fact that I hated him as a player because he was not good at anything. You say that he was the best first change bowler we had. That just goes to show that I was right on the money when I said he must have gotten into the team at time becuase of the poor quality of players we had in our team back then. If mahmud can be the best first change bowler then it doesnt leave anything to the imagination how terrible the bowling attack and the reserve strength of our bowling was back then. Yes there are bowlers in NZ who also bowl at mahmud's pace and I dont think highly of them either nor do the cricket world I think. Gavin larson was a much better bowler than mahmud but I dont think anyone would mention his name when talking about good bowlers to come out of NZ. I respect mahmud for being courageous and a fighter but he was a cricketer with zero ability in all departments of the game. If you saw his wickets against pakistan it was all mistakes of the batsman that cost them their wickets and they were all innocuous deliveries.
Actually i was responding to your post and you right it was team effort that won us the match but he was leading from the front. And he gave the confidence to all the player by beating that county team that no one wants to mention here. anyway since you were also talking about hating him as a player i would like shred some light on slow bowling. I am sure you never have faced a slow bowler like him if you have played cricket. You might have faced fast bowler and great spinner but not a slow bowler like him. My point is not to say you have less cricket knowledge or something. I am just saying it might look ugly but it is very very very hard to time and hit a slower bowler like him. I have seen over the years in many domestic matches when these bowler would come and finish their ten overs with two three wkts and very few runs. And i don't agree with you about his zero ability too. else there were other player could have gotten the chance instead of him. Why didn't team went with a spinner if he was that bad? I guess you never saw those ICC matches when he and atherher Ali would come in the middle and give us those 20 overs when thing would get very slow for the ops(which is done by the spinner now). We didn't had class player like now and we didn't had class spinners too. SO we had rely heavily on him at that time which won us lot of matches which build todays foundation (yeah you can laugh now but half of BC member would be in here if BD wasn't test team but other half would follow them anyway) Yeah bowler from NZ was not great and we are not talking about great bowlers or batsmen we are talking about utility players. And not agreeing that when they played because they had to give some thing to the team not just to fill places. oh i was taking about chris cane or something was his name. He use to come two thre steps like a spinner but bowl like gentle pace which players like lara and tendu would find hard to hit. Oh mahmud got three four wkts in that 1 wkt lost to PAK test which they stole from US.

And for the thread opener you have right to think what ever you want to think and we all know what level of knowledge people from middle east got on cricket too. so don't come here and say that match was fixed cause your beloved indian police(i am sure you are a paki supporter but now you r loving indian police and hoping they will prove that match was fixed and save you from shame!!!) couldn't find any proof yet. so come here when you have some proof else SHUT THE **** UP. You think Why we won only one time? That shouws your knowledge. We beat Pak A team when Ramiz raza was captain even before we were a test team and ICC champ. AGain we were close to test win in Pakistan when they defeded us by one wkt and stealing the match. if you don't believe me go and ask any nutrual spporters of the game cause after the game PAK captain got susspended for stealling for 5 match (here is my proof) and if you had watched the game you would know that how many times the chora ump didn't gave out cught behind, lbws. On top of that Rafiq once stopped while bowling and still din't ran the runner out becuse it was against the spirit of the game...
Old February 12, 2007, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Actually i was responding to your post and you right it was team effort that won us the match but he was leading from the front. And he gave the confidence to all the player by beating that county team that no one wants to mention here. anyway since you were also talking about hating him as a player i would like shred some light on slow bowling. I am sure you never have faced a slow bowler like him if you have played cricket. You might have faced fast bowler and great spinner but not a slow bowler like him. My point is not to say you have less cricket knowledge or something. I am just saying it might look ugly but it is very very very hard to time and hit a slower bowler like him. I have seen over the years in many domestic matches when these bowler would come and finish their ten overs with two three wkts and very few runs. And i don't agree with you about his zero ability too. else there were other player could have gotten the chance instead of him. Why didn't team went with a spinner if he was that bad? I guess you never saw those ICC matches when he and atherher Ali would come in the middle and give us those 20 overs when thing would get very slow for the ops(which is done by the spinner now). We didn't had class player like now and we didn't had class spinners too. SO we had rely heavily on him at that time which won us lot of matches which build todays foundation (yeah you can laugh now but half of BC member would be in here if BD wasn't test team but other half would follow them anyway) Yeah bowler from NZ was not great and we are not talking about great bowlers or batsmen we are talking about utility players. And not agreeing that when they played because they had to give some thing to the team not just to fill places. oh i was taking about chris cane or something was his name. He use to come two thre steps like a spinner but bowl like gentle pace which players like lara and tendu would find hard to hit. Oh mahmud got three four wkts in that 1 wkt lost to PAK test which they stole from US.
Ok let me try to give you a coherent reply . The level of cricket I have played the fastest bowler I ever faced bowled at max 78-80 mph. Most bowlers I faced who were so called fast bowlers were the speed of Mahmud or a bit faster than that and believe me I found it eaasier to face them than the ones who bowled at 78-80 mph. KHaled mahmud is more in the early 70's in terms of speed. I completely disagree with you that his speed is tough to hit. I on the other hand think his speed is ideal for hitting. He is not too slow neither too fast, just fast enough for the batsman to use the pace of the ball and slow enough for the batsman to make last minute adjustments to their stance to hit him anywhere in the oval.

I have no problem with you disagreeing to my opinion and you have every right to say you think Khaled mahmud did not have zero ability in all departments. That is something perspective and will differ from person to person but if we take a poll you might be surprised by the result( or maybe the surprise might be on me, dont know).

I think the only reason he got international wickets is because the batsman were trying to hit out to him or took him way too lightly and paid for their complacency.

If I am not wrong you are talking about Chris Cairns the allrounder from NZ. If this is the person you are talking about then you are way off target about speed. He used to have a short run up but he was as fast as any bowler playing now. He used to consistently bowl in the 130's kmph and even went up to 140's at times.

Last edited by layperson; February 12, 2007 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: Changed kmph to mph thanks to ATMR's eagle eyes :P
Old February 11, 2007, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Shujan's contribution for Bd cant be denied. He was an important player for the national team at one time.

However, that win against pak in 99 WC was not only for Shujan, there were contributions from biddut, opi and lot others. the turning point for the match was saeed anwar's runout and then akram's wicket.
Old February 11, 2007, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
Shujan's contribution for Bd cant be denied. He was an important player for the national team at one time.

However, that win against pak in 99 WC was not only for Shujan, there were contributions from biddut, opi and lot others. the turning point for the match was saeed anwar's runout and then akram's wicket.
And MOM was shujon. All those experts think he made the difference and hence was MOM
Old February 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Chacha is one of the legendary figures of our cricket. Treating him with respect will be better for all of us. Whatever you say, I loved his haircut. Very clownish type, although he used to act all bold. He's a passionate cricketer...and players of his passion deserve some respect.
Old February 11, 2007, 08:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Mahmood is still a match winner at domestic level.
Old February 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

The latest incident is really sad. He sould not have acted like that specially he was the manager of the national team.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 12, 2007, 05:08 AM
Street Cricketer

haahha ..if it wasnt match fixing..y dint bangla defeat apkistan any other time/??????and wait and see u dickhead sharyar...proof will come...and now a days its very easy to hide proofs...just pay some money to ppl like ur class.everything wil b closed..hahahhhahah
and u sunny....wat abckground u talking abpout...coe to reality oks......................use ur brain sometimes...
Old February 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

i am also interested in knowing Chacha's whereabouts. I was told by a friend long time ago that one of his brother works at a Sonali Exchange in New Jersey somewhere. I plan to track him down and ask him about chacha.
Cachakay mondo bola cholbe na. Dhaka locals are crazy about him
Old February 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I was talking about chris haris.. The guy with less hair...

ANyway The thing is I don't like chacha that much either but the way this thread was opened (I feel like this paki sup still blames for their loss to chacha hence shows the disrespect to a BD intl) i was offended. I mean if he was still playing intl match that's another thing but he is gone for while. Like i am very opos to Pilot now. but in 5 years some body opens something like this I will always defend pilot as I know at his time Bd didn't had much better then him and same goes for Shujon.

Btw chris harries use to get wkts so was shujon (but this guys r suitable in NZ or some condition where there r lots of wind) anywhere else they got hit...

You may think its easy to hit but when the balls swings a lot in condition like NZ/england they r hard to hit...

I agree he is not the same caliber as todays player but before test we just had him and Ather who where better then some spin bowlers we had at that time.
Old February 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

80 kph or mph? i thought mahmud bowled at 100 - 115 kph.