facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Lets think logically...

It is a happy and exciting time for Bangladesh cricket fans. The World Cup is here, Bangladesh have won a BIG match whose unofficiality is of absolutely zero importance.

The past few weeks I have spent frustratingly refuting the naysayers. Of course these loyal fans speak meekly not out of malice but because they have troubling believing the vast improvements we have made.

Bangladesh v.03 is such a pain to remember, that any hopes for Bangladesh v.07 are better nipped in the bud. Thus it is we arrive at farcical conclusions like "Canada are nearly as strong as Bangladesh" and the like.

At the same time, to spare heart attacks, it also important that we fans not read into this win against New Zealand something which is just not there.

There is no guranantee of a win against India or Sri Lanka. Only the oppurtunity,

But even the best teams fail frequently in seizing opportunities (just ask the Australians or the Indians about their most recent Carribbean tour). The teams that succeed are those that fail to seize the initiative less than others.

Bangladesh has every chance to progress to the super 8 stage, but they also have every chance to disqualify.

Our win against New Zealand is not a reason that we WILL qualify; it is only proof that we CAN.

Congratulations fellow Tiger Fans and enjoy the World Cup 2007.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 6, 2007, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

form means nothing...form is only indicative of the past, not the present...

thus BD can do anything. from a 10 wicket defeat against a 7th rank side, we rose to defeat the Aussies...anything is possibly regardless of the antecedent.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 6, 2007, 06:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Hope our players dont fly over the sky after this win.............this is definitely a great win.......and a win is the best motivation for the next one.........but I hope they will calm down and look at their job ahead without any complacency...........ask the same for our fellow BD fans.........Carb your Enthusiasm and get ready for the hard work......
Old March 6, 2007, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I am going to enjoy while it last, but this is not the first time I have seen a tremendous performence from BD. This is one of the rare day for BD when everything falls into places (even JO and Ash played well today !), like all the planets in solar system being aligned. Unfortunately, on other such ocassions I have seen before (wins against Heath Streak's Zim, India, Australia, SL), our team went back to our mediocre self in the very next match. So, pardon me for still being not so optimistic about our chance for a real ODI win, though I am very hopeful that we will give good fights to India and Lanka.

I am not a naysayers, just not that exuberant like many of you (may be I am getting old ).

Last edited by TheWatcher; March 6, 2007 at 06:49 PM..
Old March 6, 2007, 08:45 PM

The "naysayers" are not criminals but lack of self belief,
-though too much of these make the others sick!

Anyway, we just won a warm-up match....the "dudbhat" one!!
Now time to win the real one.

Though it's a daunting task...
We know we can do it ...
as we did it in the past.

GO B A N G L A D E S H GO...

Like it?
Side Note: Sob shala kobi agei hoyeche...
eber dulabhai-er pala!
Old March 6, 2007, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

that was no.1 upset, and there is more commin.
Old March 6, 2007, 09:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Unfortunately we did not get the luck of the draw. Bangladesh would very happily trade places with any other test playing nation. With so many "minnows" or non-test playing associate members in the World Cup, the chances of being in an easier group was much greater, however luck didn't go our way during the drawing process. With our current team and form, the chances of advancing to the next round increases greatly if we were in any one of the other three groups. Anyway there is no use dwelling on that now, and neither is there any use dwelling on this terrific, yet insignificant win (in the broader scheme of things that is, don't get me wrong I am loving this win over the blackcaps!). I think the general consensus (from people I have talked to) is that we have a better chance against India than Srilanka, but I think we are due for a good result against Srilanka since Vaas has terrorized us for soo long that he is bound to have a bad game sooner rather than later lol! Hopefully...
Old March 7, 2007, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Congratulation to Bangladesh Cricket Team...........keep it Up.
Old March 7, 2007, 05:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes i am also afraid of the teams confidence going beyond what its supposed to be at. I pray they dont go back to their old selves and muck up against india, or worse, play complacently against scotland.