facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old April 25, 2007, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default BCCI arrogance proved

since we occaisionally get questions as to why bangladesh fans have an unfavorable view of the BCCI this is just another point:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimv...ry/291546.html

CA has said that it cannot refuse to play against zimbabwe because it has "obligations".

the strongest team in the world has obligations towards the weakest. if a mediocre team like india can avoid playing half-decent sides like bangladesh, then what is stopping CA from not playing zimbabwe - a team which would struggle in the world cricket league.

this is also given that the australian gov is strongly discouraging CA from rewarding the mugabe regime.

with all that said, we welcome BCCI's commitments to at least visit BD twice in the next 12 months.

but we still need a tour. just one short tour every 3 years would suffice.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old April 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Sharad Power may need a vote from Zim for ICC Chief position. Refusing to travel to BD, he might have lost an easy vote already!!??!!
Old April 25, 2007, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

al Furqaan, you are comparing two very different scenarios here. CA has no option but send the team to Zimbabwe, otherwise ZC will be asking for a hefty fine from CA to make up the money ZC is going to lose.

In our case, BCB can't make any such demand to BCCI for not hosting us as the board of the visiting side is not supposed to make any money from a tour. Incase you did not notice, Pakistan got away without hosting Zimbabwe last September as PCB thought the series would not be commercially profitable.

Last edited by TheWatcher; April 25, 2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old April 25, 2007, 05:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I don't think India has issues visiting Bangladesh. They just don't want to host Bangladesh. Your reference article talks about Australia visiting Zimbabwe. Shouldn't we compares apples to apples?
Old April 25, 2007, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

At this rate, the next thread is gonna be:

"Australia wins world cup": Hence BCCI's arrogance proved.

*sigh*
Old April 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Although nowadays I could care less whether India hosts us or not, it's more like-

(in distant future) Australia hosts defending champions Bangladesh for 7 ODI and 3 Test match series: BCCI says, "it is not profitable".
Old April 25, 2007, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

*sigh*
Good try, but was quite a bad analogy

That said, I also don't find al furqaan's thread as useful in this case. Sigh!
Old April 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I may be a minority here but honestly I like India's position of not wanting to host Bangladesh. That gives us a lot of motivation to do well and be competetive. I am not sure if I understand the counter logic a lot of people in this thread are screaming about. Other countries have been nice to us and hosted us. We should appreciate their hospitality. But at the same time should also acknowledge BCCI's position. I would actually do the same if I were running a business organization.
Old April 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra

*sigh*
Right! Where is the comparison? I have big problem that India does not host. But there is no parallel in the quoted story.
Old April 25, 2007, 11:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Dont worry,After this series you wld wish that India never comes to BD.
Old April 26, 2007, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Just like we thought of Zimbabwe after we whitewished them
Old April 26, 2007, 12:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Just like we thought of Zimbabwe after we whitewished them
Yea...Zimbabwe is batting and bowling practise for you guys..The same is the scenario with BD..Thats y we are getting a young team so that they could have some fun in BD.They can get to practise all the shots in the book.
Old April 26, 2007, 12:53 AM
Test Cricketer

I wldnt want to see BD play in India unless BD improves more coz for sure BD will get hammered in India as we all know except Australia India thrashes any1 in India. India's record in India is too good. Indian;s are like God's in their country but out side india there are chickens.

Bangladesh have to improve much more to really challenge India in India and that may happen in another 5yrs time or so.
Old April 26, 2007, 12:57 AM

Cant believe you guys started the war already when the series is more than two weeks ahead!
Old April 26, 2007, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Lets see
Old April 26, 2007, 01:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner
I wldnt want to see BD play in India unless BD improves more coz for sure BD will get hammered in India as we all know except Australia India thrashes any1 in India. India's record in India is too good. Indian;s are like God's in their country but out side india there are chickens.

Bangladesh have to improve much more to really challenge India in India and that may happen in another 5yrs time or so.
Indians dont consider BD as outside India,all playing conditions are same.Dont tell me playing in Eden Gardens and in Dhaka are a world apart..
The chickens have won quite some matches outside India in recent times..
Hope BD does not sit in the shell(Egg) for fear of the Indian Players.....
Old April 26, 2007, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its unfortunate and sad that India is still thinking money/commerce than the game when it comes to cricket. But every country has the right to refuse hosting another. If their board feels that its commercially not viable, then it isnt. Whats the big deal about that? I mean,, not all countries can be like Bangladesh where even a U19 Papua New Guinea vs. Uganda game is sold out. People of Bangladesh are much different in class/taste than average Indians,, no offence. Their team got the slap on face in the world cup.. hopefully they wont find themselves without pants after the Bangladesh tour. cynicism aside, I still think Indians dont think of cricket as a matter of sport, skills, competivemness, artistic,,, they mix cricket with fantacy driven heroism and dispekable absurd fake-patriotism. Both of which is so distant to bangladeshis,, I must say. The bottom line is their arrogance has never given them any major cup in the last 25 years and it wont until they start loving the game of cricket one more time again..
Old April 26, 2007, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Yea...Zimbabwe is batting and bowling practise for you guys..The same is the scenario with BD..Thats y we are getting a young team so that they could have some fun in BD.They can get to practise all the shots in the book.
Yea, isn't this the team you guys are sending, with youthful Yuvraj Singh who's 29? Sure he can try all the shots in the book, but he'll still get caught like he did in the last match.

Boy, what a match it was. The Indian team really got to feel how poor their shots were! Sad, very sad!

But hey, it's all good. You know we're all friends here. So no worries, BD will still give a few chances here and there. It's upto the "youthful" Indian team to make use of such opportunities...coz otherwise, a whitewash is on its way!
Old April 26, 2007, 01:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Yea, isn't this the team you guys are sending, with youthful Yuvraj Singh who's 29? Sure he can try all the shots in the book, but he'll still get caught like he did in the last match.

Boy, what a match it was. The Indian team really got to feel how poor their shots were! Sad, very sad!

But hey, it's all good. You know we're all friends here. So no worries, BD will still give a few chances here and there. It's upto the "youthful" Indian team to make use of such opportunities...coz otherwise, a whitewash is on its way!
Well Yes,Team India had a bad day...bt then it shd'nt be that tough playing against a team beaten black and blue by Ireland
Old April 26, 2007, 02:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

well said Kabir Bhai... hahaha.... no wonder they say "pen is mightier than sword".... oops.. i mean ... "keyboard is mightier than sword"...
i dont get why the indians come to our forum just to get humiliated so badly!!!!.... dont they have their own forum to CRY... lol.... :p
Old April 26, 2007, 02:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider357

well said Kabir Bhai... hahaha.... no wonder they say "pen is mightier than sword".... oops.. i mean ... "keyboard is mightier than sword"...
i dont get why the indians come to our forum just to get humiliated so badly!!!!.... dont they have their own forum to CRY... lol.... :p
You want us to leave?
Old April 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

This thread is quite quickly degenerating ... and it was started off on a faulty premise in the first place. Closing ... - Mod
Closed Thread