facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 31, 2008, 09:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell
Default Canucks defencemen Luc Bourdon passes away in a motorcycle accident!

Admidst the hoopla of stanley cup finals, tragedy struck for the family of a 21 year Vancouver defenceman, Luc Bourdon. According to the local police and as hockey new reports it, he passed away instantly after his motorcycle lost control and hit a tractor-trailer at 12:30PM on May 28th. The canucks GM said that Luc Bourdon was a defenceman of immense potential and was headed for a bright future. He was one of the few bright spots for the canucks this year and was expected to assume the role of a #1 defenceman one day. During his time in the juniors he had a established himself as a future NHL star and helped Canada win a gold medal in 2006 at the world juniors in Vancouver. All the canadians who have watched him shut down Malkin the in the world juniors or anyone who has watched him play for the canucks would know how special he was as a defenceman. He was drafted in the same year as Crosby and arguably the best d-men drafted that year. Personally, I was in shock and saddened by the news as well. Chris Letang a close friend of Luc was devasted upon hearing the news. He said that he felt no energy in his body and couldn't skate. My sincerest condolences to the Bourdon family and I hope the family can recover from this tragedy. God bless his soul and his family. Repose en paix, Luc.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; May 31, 2008 at 10:12 PM..

Old May 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Rip
Old May 31, 2008, 09:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Rest in peace.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 1, 2008, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

RIP

He called Letang the day he bought the bike. Three days later he is gone. I remember two years ago when Big Ben was involved in a accident. It is a miracle that he is still alive. His head went straight through the windshield. Bikes just kill people.
Old June 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Rip
Old June 2, 2008, 08:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
RIP

He called Letang the day he bought the bike. Three days later he is gone. I remember two years ago when Big Ben was involved in a accident. It is a miracle that he is still alive. His head went straight through the windshield. Bikes just kill people.
Rothelessburger was one lucky man and surprisingly he recorvered well and seems to able to throw just as far as before. I really wanted to get a motorbike but my parents persuaded me against buying it. They told me they wouldn't give a penny if I were to buy one. My thinking was that a motorbike's cheaper than a car, hence more affordable for me but after seeing all these accidents I had second thoughts and didn't buy it. Also, it's harder to get the licensce and can't carry cricket equipements with it.
Old June 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Rothelessburger was one lucky man and surprisingly he recorvered well and seems to able to throw just as far as before. I really wanted to get a motorbike but my parents persuaded me against buying it. They told me they wouldn't give a penny if I were to buy one. My thinking was that a motorbike's cheaper than a car, hence more affordable for me but after seeing all these accidents I had second thoughts and didn't buy it. Also, it's harder to get the licensce and can't carry cricket equipements with it.
Good decision bro!!

I learned to ride before driving. My older cousins use to have 100cc and 120cc's. In Dacca we never wore helmets, but the thing is you couldn't go over 50 any where in the 80's. Not even in manik mia avenue.

However, I am contemplating to buy one here in States. Not for the thrill but for the gas price. May be a moped to keep the better half tension free.