facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2008, 01:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Alok and Aftab in ICL

I know everbody still enjoying Sakibs 6 wicket haul against NZ, but I cant resist myself commenting about something irrelevant (ICL/our Rebel Crickers).

I was watching a Youtube Clip of Aloks 100. It was a great innings. Middle of the Innings Usually Reporters Interview both Side Cricketers. They Interviewd a Indian Cricketer who interviewd in English and making fun of Dhaka Warriors and Surprisingly when they Interview Aftab (Middle of the Game) he gave his Interview in Urdu/Hindi...Same did Alok Kapali after the Game.

I dont know how many times our cricketers and Commentators(Like Khoda Box)+ Team Manager (Abdul latif in 2003 in Pak tour) will disgrace our Bangldeshi ppl /Bangali jati again, again and again.....WHAT A SHAME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYjiV...eature=related

Old October 18, 2008, 01:53 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

they both turned into indian.plz brother dont talk about them..we dont need them to give shitt.
Old October 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

They grew up watching hindi movies, more comfortable speaking hindi then English. My personal choice would have been English or if I could get away with it - BANGLA. Than again, my personal choice would have been the national team. It's all about choices my friend.
Old October 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

i dont think its their fault...dey had to speak in an understandable language...dey only know hindi and bangla...so forget abt it
Old October 18, 2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

ভাল করে বাংলা বলতেই যাদের দাঁত ভেঙ্গে যায়, তারা আবার ইংরেজী বলতে যাবে কোন দুঃখে?
Old October 18, 2008, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
well ..most of us in BC lives in foreign countries. we represent Bangladesh too. and Bangladesh has its own language ..its call BANGLA. NOT ENGLISH.

so tell me why are you even typing in ENGLISH here? we should have everything in our so called "Bangla". But mate it doesn't work like that. People are people. and People represent a country. Not what they speak. Speaking represents the language. and FOR YOUR INFORMATION EVEN INDIA HAS A STATE WHERE 100% speaks BANGLA.

a little idea for u. Think about a "boba luk" who can't speak. if he is a BANGLADESHI... his SIGN language doesn't change him into SOMETHING ELSE. he will still be a Bangladeshi.
This is a post from another thread and I think it very well said.
Old October 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

this is really shameful.they already sold themselves to Icl...........Better they left Bangladesh National team
Old October 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Some people have no clear idea about Hindi & Urdu. They don't know the difference between the two.
We might have some problem speaking Urdu, but shouldn't have problem with Hindi. Then we should have problem with every foreign language.

For someone who doesn't know English as all, what better alternative he has, but to speak in Hindi if that's the only other alternative? Nothing to react so much. These guys as just playing cric, if you don't like them, just leave them alone.

Think what you have done for your country before preaching hatred against them.
Old October 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I do have a HUGE problem when they speak in hindi.
Whatever respect/love i had for Aftab is slowly fading away.
And that hurts.

Why i object?
I tried to explain that in some other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Well, its not political, but merely personal.

Almost every single indians (and pakistanis alike) i've ever met have a pre-conviced notion that every Bangladeshi understands and speaks hindi. They would not even bother to ask if you understand or not, but they would keep on talking in hindi right from the word go even after finding out you are Bangladeshi.

I find that preconcived notion offensive. I find that "not caring" and looking down mentality.

I've met a lot of other people, who are not sub-continental (which literally means rest of the world), asked me, "Where you from ?"
When i say "Bangladesh",
a cliche next question is, "Where is it?"
Me : "Well, you know India? its a small country next to india. Somewhat in between india and China"
Them: "So, you are not a part of india ?"
Me: "NO! we are NOT a part of india, we are neighbours!"

My whole point is, even after 40 years of our independence, i find it extremely shameful that we are yet to create an identity of our own. We have to associate our name with India to give our identity and the indians think we all speak their language.

And its not their fault, its ours.
We Bangladeshis love to speak hindi every chance we get, putting that notion more into effect.

An example where we still going by their identity?
The curry industry is mostly run by the Bangladeshis, cooking “indian” food. I know our foods are somewhat similar in generic terms, but our food habit are so different from the Indians that we could have created a whole niche market of our own. But what we do? We go by the name of the “indian cuisine” promoting indian culture (food is a big part of a culture), thus losing any chance of our own identity.

Tell me, who eats "beef vindaloo" in Bangladesh?

By the sheer proportionate of Bangladeshis running the “indian” restaurants, we could have easily created our own brand of “cuisine”.

Players are ambassadors. When you go to play in a different country under the banner of your own, you represent the whole country. So when a Bangladeshi player speaks in hindi on the national tv, he only affirms that preconceived notion that yes, those Bongs (indian slang for Bangalees) speaks hindi. They can talk in our language, cuz we are better.

You ask what about English? Well, English is lingua franca. It’s the common language that has been agreed, set by the western powers offcourse. But still nations like Japanese, French or Germans, Chinese or Russians would speak in their language in mostly international event. You think they cant speak English?

I (as a Bangladeshi) am good to stand on my own. I don’t need some other race/country/language to create my identity. I am not a nobody, I am somebody and there are 150 million like me.

Together, we can be a force to reckon with. That’s simply why they have a team from Bangladesh. Not because they like us, but they see the sizeable lucrative market and they want to make the most of it.

But we can never earn that respect and more so that illusive identity if our players go over there and starts to speak in their language to suck it up. Sucking up can only take you so far. Trust me, you can speak as much hindi as you can mumble out, but if you cant perform, you are gone. India’s got enough good players not to go gaga over some mediocre Bangladeshi only because he speaks hindi. But if you can stand your own ground in the field, you can talk Hebrew and everyone would love you for who you are.

I don’t expect all of you to agree with what I had to say. It’s a personal thing. But
till the day I see we have created that illusive identity of our own, I’ll fight this lone battle.

Nothing makes me more proud than being a Bangladeshi.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I wonder what would happen to these players when ICL would find out that a whole team from Dhaka is a flop show as they can not win any match. Maybe they would look to take 1/2 players from this team to pic for other teams and wipe DW from ICL as well as the rest of the players from the cricketing world (haba, dhiman, SN etc).
Old October 20, 2008, 06:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kothhin proshno

As salaamu alaikum, kichhu facts:

1. bd er odhikangsho lok hindi film dekhe dekhei boro hoi, amar mone hoi hindi film dekhe nai kono din erokom keu e nai, Allah e jane erokom keu achhe naki. ei obosthai shobai kom beshi hindi pare. shutorang indiander ei dharona kom beshi thik.
2. english use kora je kotha, hindi use korao she kotha. je lau she kodhu. kichhu bhai janera rag korlen oder hindi shune, abar ora o to bolte pare, "jei british amader 200 bochhor ottachar korlo, tader bhashai amader hindi bola niye eto khepakhepi, atleast amra subcontinental bhasha bollam", tokhon to aar uttor thakbe na. british der ottachar er kotha kintu itihash er patai patai achhe. oder bhasha use kore onner hindi bhasha bola niye protibad kora ta ektu kemon jani, onno der kotha jani na, tobe amar 32 pati dat kelano ekta hashi pelo.
Old October 20, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Can someone please explain what is our clash with Hindi?
If someone does not lose patriotism speaking English in a foreign country, then what's the problem with speaking Hindi? It is not that they are substituting Bangla with Hindi.

It is a shame how some people are wishing them bad luck and taking each and every chance of criticizing them. Bangladesh is not synonymous to BCB with its incompetent officials!

(Urdu, and only Urdu is different, because of the history.)
Old October 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

i totally agree with Mr. Rabz....i think..most of the NRB wud agree with ur points as we face same kind of problem all over the world. Here in sydney, i m really tired of telling people tht i m nt an indian...i m frm Bangladesh. I dnt mind when chinese ppl cant differentiate us frm indian. but when some indians talk with me in hindi, knowing tht i m not frm indian, i just listen to them and answer in english *(may be i cant talk in hindi )...then automatically those indian speak with me in english. every time when they talk, they realize tht i m not an indian..a Bangladeshi....and it makes me feel proud.

(p.s: its only my personal experience and opinion)
Old October 20, 2008, 12:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ikthiander, you completely missed my point.
Go back and read my post once again.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 20, 2008, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Can someone please explain what is our clash with Hindi?
If someone does not lose patriotism speaking English in a foreign country, then what's the problem with speaking Hindi? It is not that they are substituting Bangla with Hindi.

It is a shame how some people are wishing them bad luck and taking each and every chance of criticizing them. Bangladesh is not synonymous to BCB with its incompetent officials!

(Urdu, and only Urdu is different, because of the history.)
Well said. I don't have a problem with players giving interview in any language just for the sake of communication in a foreign land. They didn't change their nationality by speaking hindi. They are there to play cricket and earn money in the process.
Old October 20, 2008, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

yesterday during the man of the match, Nazimudding was quite when the anchor questioning him in Hindi. She thought nazi can't speak english and she was looking for a mediator. Then suddenly i saw Nazim is not that bad in english.
Old October 20, 2008, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthiander
As salaamu alaikum, kichhu facts:

1. bd er odhikangsho lok hindi film dekhe dekhei boro hoi, amar mone hoi hindi film dekhe nai kono din erokom keu e nai, Allah e jane erokom keu achhe naki. ei obosthai shobai kom beshi hindi pare. shutorang indiander ei dharona kom beshi thik.
2. english use kora je kotha, hindi use korao she kotha. je lau she kodhu. kichhu bhai janera rag korlen oder hindi shune, abar ora o to bolte pare, "jei british amader 200 bochhor ottachar korlo, tader bhashai amader hindi bola niye eto khepakhepi, atleast amra subcontinental bhasha bollam", tokhon to aar uttor thakbe na. british der ottachar er kotha kintu itihash er patai patai achhe. oder bhasha use kore onner hindi bhasha bola niye protibad kora ta ektu kemon jani, onno der kotha jani na, tobe amar 32 pati dat kelano ekta hashi pelo.
yeah, lets stop speaking Hindi/urdo, english, Portuguese, French giving the fact that Portugal and France once invaded some part of Bangladesh.

Speaking Hindi and Urdo is completely different than speaking other languages. I speak Thai and i'm proud of it. But Indians/Pak has a tantation of looking down at us unlike other country.

I'm also proud of our ICL team. They went to foreign land, earning money and bringing back to Bangladesh. Nobody is staying there.
Old October 21, 2008, 03:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kothhin proshno

jotodin gonotantrik jatiyotabad thakbe totodin prottek desher lok onno desher lok ke opochhondo korbe ebong nijeder deshke boro korte chaibe, indian ra shudhu amader opochhondo kore ei golpo kore labh nai re chhoto bhai. amader nijeder desher modhdhei e rokom opochhondo korar bepar achhe. elaka bhittik racism achhe. dhoni gorib racism achhe. english ra bd er lokeder bhoyanok rokom opochhondo kore. pura europe er lokerao eki kotha. she dik diye chinta korle bd er 71 er judhdhe india er shahajjo chhilo. aar bd er test status pawate pakistan er shahajjo chhilo. ekhane london e amader jhamelai indian pakistani rai douriye ashe. amra university teo indian pakistani der shathei aram kore boshte partam, specially pakistani der shathe. amar kichhu kotha repeat korte hochchhe karon hoito ogulo thik kore bujha jai ni. jehetu indian film dekhe dekhei bd er shobai boro hoi, shehetu bd er shobai ektu na ektu hindi jane. amar to mone achhe bd te amar attiyo ra hindi nachh chhere bachcha der khabar khawato. ami nijei chhoto belai hindi gan shune shune bhat khetam. oder je dharona amra hindi parbo, eta to ashole shotti. amra shotti e hindi pari. sheta je karonei hok. aar bhougolik bhabe amra jehetu oder chhoto protibeshi, amra orthonoitik bhabe shotti e oder upor nirbhorshil. shutorang e niye oder kichhuta ohonkar thakbe, jeta oder jatiyotabadi dharonar ontorbhukto. ajke jodi bd er film industry oder moto boro hoto tahole amrao ohonkar kore dhore nitam ora bangla pare. in fact, ekta shomoi jokhon banglar prestige khub bhalo chhilo tokhon onnanno onchol er lokera bangla parto. ami besh kichhu pakistani uncle ke chini jara bangla paren. besh kichhu indian rao ektu adhtu bangla pare. ora prachin jatio lok. ekhon banglar ba bangladesh er shei prestige nai. amra dan khoirat er upor nirbhorshil ekta jati. dekhi oder film. bangladeshi shongskriti, nach, gan shob e to bharotio. shutorang ora mone kortei pare amra oder role model bhabi. amar to mone hoi beshir bhag bd er young chhele pele indian nayok der follow kore. aar meyera follow kore nayikader. ek eid e "aflatun" dress er jonopriyota ekhon o amar mone achhe. meyera to eid er kapor kenei hindi film follow kore. "sas bhi kabhi bohu thi" na dekhe keu achhe naki? ghore ghore bou era ei shob dekhe. shobai hindi pare man, etai bastobota.

bhai re bhasha to kotha bolar ekta madhdhom. "amra tomader chaite chhoto na" eita dekhate chaile english bole dekhate hobe, eta ekdom ajib ekta dharona. proman kore 250 bochhor poreo amra ingrej der koto probhu bhabi.

amar kachhe bhasha shudhu communication er tool. she karone hamdulillah ami besh kichhu bhasha ayotto korechhi. hindi aar urdu tar modhdhe ontorbhukto.

ekhane arekta bepar interesting. ami dekhechhi indian aar paki ra (oboshsho bd er lokerao) english bolte oshubidha bodh kore. ei obosthai ekjon indian ashlo, bhablo hoito at least she hindi te kichhu bolte parbe, aar ami bangladeshi jatiyotabad e udbudhdho hoye or shathe amar bhanga chora english gari start dilam, eta shotti e khub rude.jodi hindi bolle du joner life e ektu easy hoi, tahole oshubidha kothai. eto beshi jatiyotabadi howa thik na je amra shadharon manobik bepar shepar o bhule jabo. ami jodi hothath japan e jai, aar ora amar shathe jor kore japani bole, tokhon ami o koshto pabo. thik na?
Old October 21, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

oh, the hindi speaking controversy is in this thread (I was wondering why it didnt bother anyone else)....

I bet I can speak better hindi/urdu than aftab/alok. I joke with my ind/pak friends all the time but will I ever talk to an international public media in hindi..... NEVER. I just dont understand what they were trying to achieve by that...

shalara 60 year old chris harris re 6 pitay moja loy..... dhurr shouldnt waste my time writing these.....

Last edited by ialbd; October 21, 2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old October 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

brother ikthiander, i get your point... but we dont speak english cuz we love the british, simply because its the defacto international language.

ofcourse if a indian/pak cant speak english i'll speak in hindi or urdu with him/her. I helped out an old indian lady in london heathrow, and for the 20-25 mins I talked with her in hindi (its not perfect at all) she didnt even notice that I am a non-hindi speaker.

But for a presenter in ICL? even south indian cricketers gave interviews in english (and they do understand/speak hindi). Jatiotabadi eikhane anar karon, eita ekta international event and the name Bangladesh (in the form of Dhaka) is part of this...

Its just a matter of personality.... its about being proud of who we are....
Old October 21, 2008, 11:15 AM

Just my humble opinion:

Hindi bolse so the [bleep] what? If they are comfortable with it, they should go ahead and say it. Rabz' notion of an ambassador can work the other way too. I remember a Japanese ambassador in Bangladesh who used to speak publicly in Bangla, not Japanese (because nobody would understand it) nor English (which he wasnt comfortable in). As ambassadors our players may well be doing the exact same thing.

Now personally I dont know how to speak a word of Hindi/Urdu, and I've always replied to Hindi/Urdu with English, and even asked what they were saying coz I dont understand Hindi/Urdu. But to whine and bitch about Bangladeshi players speaking in a foreign language in a private league (where they arent even representing Bangladesh) is just silly.

Last edited by ammark; October 22, 2008 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: language
Old October 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
yesterday during the man of the match, Nazimudding was quite when the anchor questioning him in Hindi. She thought nazi can't speak english and she was looking for a mediator. Then suddenly i saw Nazim is not that bad in english.
Yes I've seen that too. That girl is a kind of dumb. Nazim was good enough
Old October 23, 2008, 04:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I do have a HUGE problem when they speak in hindi.
Whatever respect/love i had for Aftab is slowly fading away.
And that hurts.

Why i object?
I tried to explain that in some other thread.
Quote:
Nothing makes me more proud than being a Bangladeshi.

By talking in English a person doesn't become English. By talking in Hindi one doesn't become Hindu/Indian. When you reffer to an irish/Schottish as English, he doesn't get annoyed, he simply gets an opportunity to take the pride in pointing out that I'm an Irish/Schotish. We make the same mixup often with even many Europeans/Amerians.

Geographically, Hindu is a geographical refference to the area on the Indus Vally, that encompasses the entire Indian subcontinent. Subcontinent is another established regional refference. We commonly call an italian/frecnch to be European, why can't people reffer to the Indian subcontinent? Because we don't have any distinctive physical feature to dfferentiate from Indians. We should feel proud to reply back that No, I Am a Bangladeshi. I see it as an opportunity rather to educate an alien on our culture & difference with India.

And if you are in a wrong place, you can take the advantage of being an Indian to pass it onto them !! (Hope not be be in wrong place)

Well just to keep it short, why should we care so much for the ignorance of the other people who can't differentiate between BD & India? Isn't it too much caring for that ignorant guy? But believe me, even if they speak Hindi all the people around can understand by his hindi accent, that he isn't an Indian.

We have more reasons than any other south Asians to feel proud of our nationality. We have much more sacrifice of our elders for our liberation than any one of them. Let's talk in all languages of the world and feel proud of who we are, who stops?
Old October 23, 2008, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

I don't understand the big fuss over someone speaking in hindi. They cannot communicate in english so they resorted to speaking Hindi.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; October 26, 2008 at 06:56 AM..
Old November 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib
Default bring back alok and aftab?

if somehow we could bring on our team alok kopali and aftab i think that will be it to beat any country in the world easily . i cant beleave that what just happen yester day in 2020 match . we just need 57 from 45 with 9 wickest in hand . we still couldnt beat them . and that shows why we need player like aftab or alok kopali . bcb should do somethings about these key player .