facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2009, 05:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful
Default Don't blame Ashraful

None of you play International cricket or captain a International Cricket side. In the last overs who was he supposed to bowl. He used up all his main bowlers apart from Naeem Islam who bowled the over before the 20 run montage by Murali. None of you would be complaining if Rubel Hossian picked up the two wickets and won the game. If he bowled someone else and they had been tonked. You would have said why bowl him when you have Rubel, Ashraful set the field and his bowlers did the job for most of the game. I am just happy with the performance our boys did. In a game where we were gone and out at the lunch break to be right in it till the very last overs is quite impressive. Very well played Bangladesh. Thats cricket for you one can go your way and or the other teams way. Lets bring on this Zimbabwe series. Shabash Bangladesh

Old January 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default In Ashraful's Defense ... it is NOT his fault.

I am heartbroken. Saddened beyond speech. I feel the worst I have in years.

BUT ... there is NO one to blame here. The great match produced a result which made BD fans unhappy. That's about it.

Ash went with Rubel as it was the most cogent thing to do at that point. He cleaned up the tail quite efficiently in the last game.

Murali's cameo was a FLUKE.

So please ... no blames. Great game.

Don't forget ... we were defending a meager 152.

I see great things for this BD team this year. We have, it seems, arrived.
Old January 16, 2009, 05:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Oh God...here we go....
a blame ash and dont blame ash thread side by side....

not directed at you BD Ash....

Its not Ash's fault.period.
Nobody is more heart broken than him.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 16, 2009, 05:46 AM
Test Cricketer

I am not blaming Ash on the loss, though I dont see whats wrong in discussing what he could have done better.
Old January 16, 2009, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

What about Shakib? It was his turn. He had just taken two wickets, including... guess who? SANGA ****ING KARA! He took two ****ing wickets, and bowled a ****ing maiden. And Ashrafool the moron took him off. There is no ****ing excuse for this. None.
Old January 16, 2009, 05:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

stop defendin ash's captaincy, you can defend him as a player, but not his captency, he is the worst we had enough excuses, and gave him enough chance, someone has to take the responsibility..
Old January 16, 2009, 05:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Rabz I posted this thread because after the match I came on to Banglacricket and the first thing I saw was threads bagging Ashraful and him costing us the loss.

Yasin we can talk about him improving not just blaming him after game we lose.

Dhurr, It was 50-50 decision. If Rubel had got the wickets then it wouldnt have mattered. He made mistake then. What happens if you were in Ashs shoes and bowled Shakib and got tonked in the powerplay and you got the blame.

You saw how much the game meant to Ash in the Presentation.

Old January 16, 2009, 05:58 AM
Test Cricketer

mishu could you have done better? Could have anyone in team in his shoes do better than what he captained today?

Old January 16, 2009, 05:58 AM
Test Cricketer

BD-Ash - like I told before, I dont blame Ash one little bit. But the word "but" will not cease to exist.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_Ashraful
Rabz I posted this thread because after the match I came on to Banglacricket and the first thing I saw was threads bagging Ashraful and him costing us the loss.

Yasin we can talk about him improving not just blaming him after game we lose.

Dhurr, It was 50-50 decision. If Rubel had got the wickets then it wouldnt have mattered. He made mistake then. What happens if you were in Ashs shoes and bowled Shakib and got tonked in the powerplay and you got the blame.

You saw how much the game meant to Ash in the Presentation.
If he did the right thing and got bashed, fine but he didn't. That's the point. He made a terrible decision and cost us the game. So you can't blame it on luck. It was a stupid decision, fair and simple. He made a dumb, dumb move and it cost us the game.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Breaking News: BD_Ashraful is Ashraful himself.

LOL, JK bro.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Watch your language!

Shakib didnt have any over left. He finished his quote 1 over before. Na jaina kotha bola thik na...
He had one right after Rubel's 20 run over...
Old January 16, 2009, 06:06 AM
Cricket Legend

And mods...if you could merge this with my "In ashraful's defense" thread... or vice versa.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

I have to blame ashraful for the way he made Rubel bowl. Why would you wanna have your inexperienced bowler come into the attack during last 5 overs. It was obvious that Srilankas would take the powerplay in last 5 overs. Ash could have had Mash or Nazmul bolw in the last 5 overs instead of an inexperience guy. No hard feelings for Rubel. He is the future and we all are impressed by him.
Old January 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The "balme game" is useful because IT: -

1) Helps us vent and recharge for the next jeta khyala here jaowa.

2) Gives us the illusion that blaming and scapegoating will lead to positive change, meaning a demonstrable ability to learn something, anything, from experience.

Having said that, this match was always going to be a tough one for us to win because OF: -

1) Traditional failure of our top order batsmen to click as a unit, or just click period, hence presenting the opposition with a pathetic target, no matter how bravely the bowlers fought to give us the chance to be delusional.

2) Mohammad Ashraful Matin's uncanny ability to take chances and "dare" at the wrong time.

Great to see MaMu back in form and Moyna's continued and accelerated improvement. Ebar ei prapto jinishgulo dhore rakhte para guelei holo. ...

Peace and GOD bless~
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 16, 2009 at 06:29 AM..
Old January 16, 2009, 06:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Don't blame the boy because blaming him is like blaming a gadha for not being a zebra or a bamon bolod for not being a fighting bull.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 16, 2009, 06:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Don't blame the boy because blaming him is like blaming a gadha for not being a ghorha.
hahaha
Old January 16, 2009, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

rubel should have bowled yorkers or low full tosses. i am not going to blame anyone but the batsmen. and i am going to stay away from this forum for few days
Old January 16, 2009, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't want to blame him anymore that's why I want he should sack as a captain
Old January 16, 2009, 07:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

no way could this game be Ashraful's fault!
Old January 16, 2009, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
If he did the right thing and got bashed, fine but he didn't. That's the point. He made a terrible decision and cost us the game. So you can't blame it on luck. It was a stupid decision, fair and simple. He made a dumb, dumb move and it cost us the game.

I know exactly what u are talking about and feel the exact same way....it was inexplicable what he did!
Old January 16, 2009, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I'm proud of the way the guys bowled and fielded today - we couldn't have asked for a better final and it's good to see that we can compete in back to back matches. More importantly, the wins against G8 teams is coming more often (every other series in recent times), so that certainly is an improvement.

Now let's talk about the bowling change issue. Given 152 to defend, let's not forget that Ashraful did an outstanding job of rotating his bowlers, thereby not allowing the Sri Lankan batsmen to settle down against any one of them. The dilemma for him was whether to reserve Mashrafe and/or Nazmul for the death overs and given the circumstances, I thought he had done the right thing by bowling them out - they had done an amazing job in after lunch and we were always going to lose had we had to bowl all 50 overs. With a less than crappy total, the key was to try and snatch as many wickets as possible as soon as possible. Had he reserved a couple of overs from Mash and/or Nazmul's quota and Sri Lanka won the game with a good few overs to spare, people here would have dished out the same expletives for Ashraful.

How big are the chances of Murali scoring 20 off an over? One in a thousand? All that Rubel had to do was pitch it up (and I'm sure that was the expectation from the captain), but one can hardly blame a 19 year old on his second match in what had turned out to be the most important game for our team in over a decade.

In the end, we had a great game but we lost because we didn't score enough. One can overlook this aspect of the loss as much as one wants, but the fact is cricket is a game of bat and ball and unless you score runs, you will lose most of the time. You might come close, but you will lose in the end. So we need to look at what to do with out top order. I hope SN comes back.

PS: Everyone else had finished their quotas and bowling Riyad for an over at that time would have been suicidal. Not that letting Rubel bowl didn't prove to be suicidal, but who would have known what Murali was hiding behind those monstrous eyes?
Old January 16, 2009, 11:40 AM
Cricket Sage

I don't blame Ashraful...I blame the blind and dedicated Ash fans who don't see it yet that he is the wrong guy to build a team on and rely on leading the team.
Old January 16, 2009, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I can think of plenty of reasons why Ashraful should get the chop from the team and he probably does need to go soon. But not because of what happened yesterday. He is to blame for many things, but not everything.
Old January 16, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
PS: Everyone else had finished their quotas and bowling Riyad for an over at that time would have been suicidal. Not that letting Rubel bowl didn't prove to be suicidal, but who would have known what Murali was hiding behind those monstrous eyes?
That's where the question to come. Which type captaincy it is that you don't have any alternative option at the dead overs (where you know there will be a power play) and you have to rely on a 19 years old boy who is playing his second match only? His decision to go with Rubel may be right but not having an alternate option is certainly a blunder.