facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 25, 2003, 08:48 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Pak vs NZ 2nd Test

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first.

New Zealand: 18/2 (11 ov)

Old December 28, 2003, 08:25 PM
Retired BC Admin

New Zealand lost their last seven wickets for just eight runs to be all out for 103 in their second innings on the fourth day of the second Test against Pakistan

New Zealand started the day on 75-3 but Shoaib Akhtar claimed 6-30 to leave Pakistan with a target of 274 to win.

New Zealand: 366 & 103
Pakistan: 196 & 37/1 (15.2 ov)
Old December 29, 2003, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

28 runs and you wait till the next day?
I want to give the man of the match award to the public for showing up in the stadium tomorrow.
Old December 29, 2003, 06:48 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Pakistan just crushed NZ... OUCH :|

Unless NZ can do something like Pakistan did (take 7 wkts for 10/20 runs which doesnt seem to be a possibilty) Pakistan just took the series home...
Old December 29, 2003, 09:31 AM
Banned

rain is forecasted tomorrow. i cant believe that aloo didnt take the extra 8 overs and finish the game off.
Old December 29, 2003, 11:30 AM
Retired BC Admin

Overlooked, maybe.
Old December 29, 2003, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I also wonder why Inzi didn't take the extra overs? If it rains tomorrow that will be a shame, a waste of great comeback. It just goes to show the importance of having a great fast bowler like shoaib. On his day, he can win the test for you by himself, a difference maker indeed.
Old December 29, 2003, 08:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Pakistan just rocked...

Indeed they got a superb speedstar like Shohaib and also great batsmen like Youhona and Inzi...i wish we will get players like them in future who will give us our precious long awaited win...who knows may be will take decades
Old December 29, 2003, 09:19 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Rain made us sweat says Miandad

Pakistan coach Javed Miandad said his side made a mistake in not claiming the extra time allowed on Monday to try to complete their test win over New Zealand.

Pakistan, who surprisingly turned down an extra eight overs on offer on Monday to win the match, wrapped it and the series up on Tuesday when Inzamam-ul-Haq and Yousuf Youhana scored the 28 runs needed for victory in just four overs.

Inzamam finished on 72, while Youhana was not out 88 for the visitors who made 277 for three after chasing 274 for the win.

But Miandad said he had made a mistake on Monday when they decided not to continue on and he had been concerned with the heavy overnight rain in Wellington that cleared on Tuesday morning but caused a delay to the start of play.

As the players walked on to the field at 1130 (2230 GMT), the rain started again and they returned to the pavilion.

"Yes, we were a bit confused with the extra time ruling," Miandad said. "I agree we should have played on last night.

"We learn from our mistakes, but we were a bit concerned when we woke up to the rain this morning, but we are grateful to have been able to finish."

Stephen Fleming, the New Zealand captain, said he thought it was strange that Pakistan had not taken the extra time.

"It could have been a terrible mistake and the rain last night and this morning put into context how crazy it was," he said.

"I asked Dave Orchard (one of the umpires) before the last over last night whether they (Pakistan) had claimed the extra time and he said they hadn't.

"I suggested they keep quiet about it and got Buts (Ian Butler) to bowl the final over quickly.

"In the end it didn't matter, but I can imagine what things would have been like in Pakistan if it rained all day today."

Source

Whole article is posted as the issue gets more and more attention - chinaman