facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 15, 2010, 12:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Default Australian Open tennis 2010

so the 2010 aussie open is soon to begin and i'm chomping at the bits. i think clijsters has a good chance at winning the title as does serena, dementieva has been in good form but she will probably play henin in the 2nd round and i expect the winner of that match to go far in this tourny. i'm backing federer and nadal on the mens side, murray maybe the surprise packet.

men's singles draw:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/.../ms/index.html

women's singles draw:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/.../ws/index.html

so predictions? matches you're looking forward to? safarova Vs Venus williams could be a cracker of 1st round.

Old January 15, 2010, 04:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah Im super excited! I dont think the Williams sisters would like the idea of Henin just coming back and winning the 1st slam of the year so that should make for a fascinating contest ... Anyways I feel it'll come down to whoever deals with the extreme hot Australian conditions better ... I remember last year quite a few players struggling to cope with the heat so that could be a factor ... Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Clijsters, Henin or any one of the Williams sisters lifting the trophy but would absolutely love if Ivanovic had a good run although its pretty unlikely ... Dunno whats happened to her since her first grand slam win ... Absolutely cant stand Sharapova and her attitude so Im keeping my fingers crossed for Kirilenko to knock her out in the first round ...

As for mens would LOVE to see a Federer v Nadal final ... Its been a while since there has been one with one or the other faultering at the semifinals ... Hope federer continues his unbelievable streak which I believe will never ever be matched again ... I'd give Del Potro an outside chance ... Murray is too hyped up and hardly delievers in grand slams and would be taken out by Nadal in the quarters if not before that ... Hope Blake has a good run ... He had a horrible 2009 and is now outside the top 40 ... Actually just looking at the draw Andreev wont be a walk in the park for Federer in the 1st round at all ... The guy is a decent player with a massive forehand ... Youzhnny vs Gasquet should be a cracker of a 1st round ... Also hope this is the year where Gulbis comes of age ... The guy is a massive talent ... Looking forward to an awesome Aussie Open here ... btw Gowza I feel Venus would walk all over Safarova in that 1st round encounter ... I predict Safarova to take no more than 5 games ...
Old January 15, 2010, 05:29 AM
Cricket Guru

yeah would like kirilenko to have a good run tbh, maybe it's just because she's hot but i really like watching her play. agree that andreev could be a real danger to federer and yes gulbis is a massive talent. from what i've heard gulbis just isn't motivated enough and doesn't work hard enough but maybe that's changed. djokovic should feature for awhile i would think and also agree that del potro is a threat, but don't count out murray, he will step it up sooner or later unless he becomes a berdych who everyone thought would be a dominant player but has done nothing with his career.

as for venus and safarova it depends on which safarova turns up as well as which venus turns up, if they're both having a good day it should be a terrific match but it could also turnout pretty badly i must admit.
Old January 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Dont forget Roddick. He had a good year last year. He reached the semis at Australia last year. He reached the semis at Australia 4 times. I think he can make the final. But either way, I am happy tennis is back. Well the majors atleast.
Old January 15, 2010, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Roger Federer baby! Hoping to watch a Federer v Nadal final. Of course, with Roger coming out first.
Old January 18, 2010, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
... Absolutely cant stand Sharapova and her attitude so Im keeping my fingers crossed for Kirilenko to knock her out in the first round ...
Got my first wish! Yeah baby!!!
Old January 26, 2010, 04:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Im watching Nadal vs Murray atm as well as the bd match.. and Nadals a break down.. 5-3 playing to stay in the set.. Still early days.. Nadal to win
Old January 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

I support Federer 1st then Djoker.
And I dont like that british overrated boy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 28, 2010, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

muzza through to the final, told ya, surprise packet and he's playing incredible tennis atm. tsonga-fed should be a great match, the final should be fun.
Old March 31, 2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

Well according to me, nadal and federer is hot favourite and they give best competition on the tennis court. lets see who wins.
Old March 31, 2010, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Dude are you talking about next year's Aussie Open?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)