facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2010, 01:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Default We need to have a coach with winning mentality

Our players barring tamim are not brave enough...Therefore we need a coach with winning mentality... Siddons himself doesn't believe we can win....then how the players gonna believe that...our players need extra motivation, extra inspiration...even the players would wanna win, he would say how dare you thinking about winning...

All he looks at is average...if your average is 20 then you can't beat a team whose average is 40...thats impossible in Siddons book. Therefore he is trying players to increase the average...in this pace its gonna take 50 yrs to win games...we beat aus, sa, ind, nz with javed omar, ash, tushar imran...they had a belief from coach that on your day you can beat anyone...cricket played on a field with bat and bowl...not with average.

he thought without tamim scoring 150 there was no chance of winning, didn't shakib score 130 against pak couple of years ago...every day is different, every game is different so you play for winning not losing...

he is killing the team and cricket all together...he is a very defeatist mind of coach...we need a winning mentality type of coach who wouldn't just look at the averages...

after just 3 games i see lot of ppl saying i m not a fan of bd cricket no more...thats really alarming...we been through the dark ages of bd cricket...but with mentality i dont see any light end of the tunnel

Old June 23, 2010, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

all he needs to do is look at afridi's ODI avg, it's less than bhimrul's and he defeated BD single-handedly.
Old June 23, 2010, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Before that we need a cricket structure that can give you some better player who have ability to win combindly.

Player ra khelte na parle 10 ta coach dhuia pani khaileo kisu hobe na.
Old June 23, 2010, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes, I think we've all come to this conclusion by now.
Old June 23, 2010, 04:36 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Exactly. A coach is appointed at international sports to win matches.

Siddons is teaching a BS that win/loss doesn't matter, personal achievement is the main criteria for success.

At first team rule then personal achievment and now losing the match before even it starts... only god know how many more of these cowardly innovations will come from Jamie Siddons.
Old June 23, 2010, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Exactly. A coach is appointed at international sports to win matches.

Siddons is teaching a BS that win/loss doesn't matter, personal achievement is the main criteria for success.

At first team rule then personal achievment and now losing the match before even it starts... only god know how many more of these cowardly innovations will come from Jamie Siddons.
I really want to ask the personal question to him. With all his personal achivement why he was a FC player while people with lesser average but better team mantra played for Australia?
Old June 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I really want to ask the personal question to him. With all his personal achivement why he was a FC player while people with lesser average but better team mantra played for Australia?
In our case that would define ash. I still think if we can get the old ash back before confusion and fear crept in to his batting, he would be valuable. Anyways we need players who play positive and helps us win even if their stats are not brilliant.
Old June 23, 2010, 08:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
i think i know the answer .....

i guess, siddons never played match winning innings or innings that contributed to wins. his runs was perhaps like the junaid or imrul type innings were he scored a century when team was actually lost the game. or like the mushfiq mahmudullah late centuries in tests when there was nothing to play for.

i guess, thats the way siddons played in his career, selfish personal achievements without considering team situation.
Old June 23, 2010, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think we should stop making threads about how rubbish Jamie is. I think we have had enough of Jamie bashing.
And about Jamie the player, Shane Warne put Jamie in his best 100 cricketers list, suggesting he is the best player to never play a test. So no need to attack him personally. If one wants to look at coaches' past, go dig up Richard McInnes career, the highest level of cricket he ever played was grade cricket. Does that mean he is a rubbish coach?
I am not a huge JS fan, and definitely not a JS hater, but the rate at which people are bashing him every second and in every thread is making the forum dull, monotonous and uninteresting. I hope mods put a stop to all these new threads about JS
Old June 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The proposition is correct and timely. I don't think we need a JS bashing thread, this shouldn't be one. Coaching and coaches career as a player has very less relationship. Choaching is a different cup of tea.

I won't keep DW any where as a player, but as a coach he was a good motivator at that time with us. We won matches more with courage than cricketing skills. He hasn't taught much cricket to those old SL team lead by RTunga, but he has motivated them, inspired them and united them to win. We need a coach who can keep the winning attitude and develop them keeping it intact.
Old June 23, 2010, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

I suggest > We need a right cricketing head in BCB at this moment. no more Mafia Businessmen
Old June 23, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I won't keep DW any where as a player, but as a coach he was a good motivator at that time with us. We won matches more with courage than cricketing skills. He hasn't taught much cricket to those old SL team lead by RTunga, but he has motivated them, inspired them and united them to win. We need a coach who can keep the winning attitude and develop them keeping it intact.
And we totally lost it now. We have the skills, but we are so down in spirit, that our players dont even care any more. It's also a coach's job to motivate the players, just as much as teaching the techniques. Why do you think JS was the asst. coach for Aus? There was a reason behind that. And the reason is, he is not good enough to be a headcoach. He doesn't have the skill. He is definitely a good batting coach, no one can disagree, but he can NOT be the head coach any more. IDK why we are still arguing back and forth: JS is Good, JS is NOT good!
Old June 23, 2010, 12:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

That's a kind of improper comparison as Afridi is basically a bowler who took 278 wickets and Imrul is just a novice with an experience of 16 ODI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
all he needs to do is look at afridi's ODI avg, it's less than bhimrul's and he defeated BD single-handedly.
Old June 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Exactly what I meant before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Before that we need a cricket structure that can give you some better player who have ability to win combindly.

Player ra khelte na parle 10 ta coach dhuia pani khaileo kisu hobe na.
Old June 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

why are we playing a sport in which we can never win a match??

why are we paying a coach a handsome amount for years, when we will never win??
Old June 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

No coach is good for us. Remember we never had a successful coach. Do you know why? Because our players are not good enough. They are not tough and mentally fit to win a game. I will say that they don't have any desire to improve. The way things are happening is good for them. Money from BCB, club money, other sponshorship is more than enough for them. They don't want to hard work, put strong effort to take the challenge of the international cricket. Example Ashraful. And now also Shakib, Riyad, Naeem and others. Exception Tamim. The main reason you are asking for replacement of Siddons is not for loosing so badly in Asia cup. Because your favorite player was dropped. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but this is my feeling from reading all your comments.
Old June 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Siddons did well in improving some of us individually,now we have players with better avrge than players we had in 2007 or before.
But it's more important to have a very good bowing coach,with this type of bowling whatever avrge our bowlers have we can't exepect a win.Back in 2007 we won against SA & Ind because we had better bowling attack,Mash/Rasel in form,Rzzq with his old action & Rafique is the boss.
Old June 23, 2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

thats definitely right .bring back dav whatemore
Old June 25, 2010, 06:57 AM
Street Cricketer

A good coach can make a huge difference. Actually, a good coach can train any team, even the worst one and he can make a winning team out of it. This is why it is not very easy to be a good coach.
Old June 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Maybe we need a very strong tough military Lady coach for our team!
Old June 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

this what we need of a coach now.... a tactician or strategian ........who can .......
Old June 25, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
this what we need of a coach now.... a tactician or strategian ........who can .......
For the begining part of a country you always need a tactitian if your players are technically flawed.In my openion none of DW or JS are bad coach but the came to bangladesh in wrong time.When Dave come to Bangladesh at that moment we neede more a tactitian coach to make our players flawless.
Learning team -need a Tactitian coach followed by combination of tactitian come strategi makes followed by a strategy makes.
A tactitian coach like JS is best suited in age group or academy teams.But not the national team.
So i think now we need some one who have both ability.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition