facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2010, 08:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Siddons must go if we lose against the Associates

There is no excuse. If we lose against the associates in this leg of our tour, Jamie Siddons must get the chop. Forget about the world cup. No coach can do worse than what he is doing, it is not possible to do worse even without a coach.

If we lose against the associates this time, it clearly shows he lacks direction and ability to coach an international team.

Siddons must go, we are not ready to accept any more meek surrender.

There has to be changes in cricket struture no doubt, but blaming cricket structure for failure against the associates will be too much. I hope the pro-Siddons camp will at least accept this.

Old July 4, 2010, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Miraz bhai..I know your really frustrated but since you've written some pieces on cricinfo then why can't you write up something to show to the public? If you get something written up saying why Siddons has been a poor coach and you have said a lot of reasons, I think that can open up the public view of Siddons..I really have not seen any media pressure on Siddons and if you write something, I think that could really do something..if people are so desperate to get rid of Siddons then why doesn't some people hold up signs saying "Fire Siddons"? Your in England and if some of the BCites here in England hold up signs then that could really do something..hey it's better then nothing
Old July 4, 2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

^^ what he said. n plus..we wont lose.
Old July 4, 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Miraz Vai i agree with you if we lose againt associates no excuse just kick Siddons from his duty.He have just ruined the winning mentality of our players.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

who should be the next coach? I propose Ashraful.
Old July 4, 2010, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
There is no excuse. If we lose against the associates in this leg of our tour, Jamie Siddons must get the chop. Forget about the world cup. No coach can do worse than what he is doing, it is not possible to do worse even without a coach.

If we lose against the associates this time, it clearly shows he lacks direction and ability to coach an international team.

Siddons must go, we are not ready to accept any more meek surrender.

There has to be changes in cricket struture no doubt, but blaming cricket structure for failure against the associates will be too much. I hope the pro-Siddons camp will at least accept this.

BIG YES

i think if we lose against associates... its time to press the REFRESH button. we need change in management. i think there is enough time before the world cup for new coach to steady our ship
Old July 4, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am 100% with Miraz bhai on this one, We Should not even tolerate a single loss at any cost.

Promise was there, but where are the results?
Old July 4, 2010, 03:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Miraz bhai..I know your really frustrated but since you've written some pieces on cricinfo then why can't you write up something to show to the public? If you get something written up saying why Siddons has been a poor coach and you have said a lot of reasons, I think that can open up the public view of Siddons..I really have not seen any media pressure on Siddons and if you write something, I think that could really do something..if people are so desperate to get rid of Siddons then why doesn't some people hold up signs saying "Fire Siddons"? Your in England and if some of the BCites here in England hold up signs then that could really do something..hey it's better then nothing
You are a cricinfo writer? Then why aren't you writing these stuff in there!! Please please PLEASEEEEEE I beg you, write a good article and open up some public eyes. Critic around the world just blaming our players! They don't know anything about the man behind this mess. He has been getting away from this by pointing figures at everyone else. So please please please Mr Miraz write something to CI!
Old July 4, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

suppose we lose 0-3 to england, but 2 of the matches are close. close enough to where all and sundry of the UK media is surprised and praising BD.

then we happen to lose one match to the associates...should we fire him then?

this is a fairly likely scenario.

less likely, but quite improbable is a world cup 2007 like situation where we win against a major side but lose to minnows. so suppose we lose 1-2 to england, but then lose a match against Netherlands. should siddons go then too?

i think right now, the team is going through a "funk"...admittedly one of the worst funks we've been through relative to total team skill/talent, but a funk nonetheless. i think the BCB needs to do a better job of getting a support for Siddons' obvious weaknesses. essentially then need to make him a batting coach, and hire another bowling coach. lets see how this Italian fellow does.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 4, 2010, 05:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

il sign to that!
Old July 4, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

@ al F. What the..? YES we should! There is no exception for losing to associate teams as a TEST playing nation. No matter how good you played against Eng, or any other big team for that matter. This isn't soccer.
Old July 4, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

What!! Are we playing 5 match series!!!
Old July 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

@ al, at this rate we will either lose England ODIs by 8-10 wickets with 10-15 overs to spare or by 75-150 runs. Are these results close enough to save Siddons?
Old July 4, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Oh okay!! 0-3 and 2 close matches among two those...gotcha!
Old July 4, 2010, 06:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

So its ok to lose against other countries and small english counties and still keep Siddons?
Old July 4, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

An alternative solution would make this demand strong.
Old July 4, 2010, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Miraz bhai, do you have any clout with the BCB management? then make them see how Siddons is destroying the team. Everyone is clueless, I have never seen BD play so badly.
Old July 4, 2010, 09:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I agree Miraz bhai, Coach Siddons would have no point of keeping a job of coaching the Bangladesh team if we were to lose to Associates team home or abroad, period. As it is everybody else's fault including the players and the BCB administrations, a big part of the failure responsibility Siddons will have to take, must, as he is the coach and it would simply show that he is failing to make this team win, period or motivate the team. We do not see the slightest of beam of light in our sight that there is anything, anyhting positive left in our cricket. I believe we are passing through the darkest moments of BD cricket history!
Old July 4, 2010, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

No Media link attached to the team - so no idea on what's actually happening inside.
Old July 4, 2010, 10:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

WHat's happenning inside that shiny head, I want to see some hair on it, can't trust it no more!!
Old July 4, 2010, 11:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Why you would think we would lose to associate? Siddons or not we should be good enough to win against the associates
Old July 4, 2010, 11:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Is that how we measure sid's performance? Is he a Dood-Bhat Coach??
Old July 4, 2010, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Given the current results it's not impossible to lose to the Associates.

But the point is Siddons did start to show scoring 200-250 consistently via this team. But what has happened now? If someone can make it once it means he's doing it right. I just don't know what's the current scenario inside as there was no news from the media or anyone who had tips from inside.
Old July 5, 2010, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
@ al F. What the..? YES we should! There is no exception for losing to associate teams as a TEST playing nation. No matter how good you played against Eng, or any other big team for that matter. This isn't soccer.
LOL Ireland nearly won a match against Aus, so you can;t underestimate the associates like that.

Though yes, I agree, should win all the matches to atleast for pride's sake.
Old July 5, 2010, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Miraz bhai,i agree with u partly that we should fire JS if we lose against the minnows but that shouldn't befor the WC,right after the WC should be the best time for him to depart IF the case is as what u mentioned.however,i still won't say that he is a bad coach,i would just say that our players are just not upto him