facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 27, 2011, 07:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Job in Toronto

Hi everyone. I dont know if its appropiate to post here but yes I tried many job search web sites for last 1 month and got no reply. So, I thot if there is any Bangladeshi bhai who wants to help me. I am new here ,and apparently I know no one here. I came as a foreign student. Finished first semester somehow ( financially). My gpa was 4.3. Now its getting tough for me even to survive. Is there anyone who can get me a job through their network. I will be always grateful to you. I am ready to do any kind of work.

Hopeful of getting a positive reply. If there is anything, pls pm me for me phone#

thanks and regards!

Old February 28, 2011, 05:52 AM

Not to sound harsh, but to say that as a student there's no work to be found in Toronto is a whole load of crap. There *are* jobs in Toronto and in Canada, but you have to be willing to slug it out and make the effort. Going to websites alone is not going to land you a job.

There are lots of us who went as students to Canada and we worked while we studied. Didnt matter if it was on campus at the meal hall or off campus at KFC, at call centres or delivering pizzas - we did get work, without "knowing anyone" in Toronto. You really have to slug it out. If push comes to shove, then maybe look for cash jobs because you really have to find a way to survive. I hope you find encouragement from this post and are able to find work.

Don't give up on making the effort! But you have to be more proactive in finding work!

p.s: and personally I feel that if anyone thinks that working at KFC or manning a gas station counter is beneath them, then they dont deserve to survive in this world!
Old February 28, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricgenius
Hi everyone. I dont know if its appropiate to post here but yes I tried many job search web sites for last 1 month and got no reply. So, I thot if there is any Bangladeshi bhai who wants to help me. I am new here ,and apparently I know no one here. I came as a foreign student. Finished first semester somehow ( financially). My gpa was 4.3. Now its getting tough for me even to survive. Is there anyone who can get me a job through their network. I will be always grateful to you. I am ready to do any kind of work.

Hopeful of getting a positive reply. If there is anything, pls pm me for me phone#

thanks and regards!
1 month isn't that long for a job search. You just have to try harder. Apply online, apply in person. Review your resume again so that there isn't any mistakes.

What kind of jobs are you looking for anyways? If its like retail jobs for the summer, it could be because summer job hiring starts a little later I think.

By the way, I thought GPA was maxed at 4.0?
Old February 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

p.s: and personally I feel that if anyone thinks that working at KFC or manning a gas station counter is beneath them, then they dont deserve to survive in this world!
yeah I think working at kfc and at gas station is beneath me. Why is that so wrong? I bet u do too. I will convince u another day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 28, 2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
yeah I think working at kfc and at gas station is beneath me. Why is that so wrong? I bet u do too.
I used to think it was beneath me, but I've changed my mind about that long time ago. Not that I ever worked at KFC or at a gas station, I was considerably luckier in doing something that I enjoyed more; but when I needed money I've still tried my hand at construction and in moving - manual labour which paid my one month's rent.

When you're a student and you need money, any work is honourable work. KFC and a gas station isnt any different.
Old February 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

when i was a student i worked at Mcdonald's, worked as a pizza delivery guy and drove yellow cab in nyc. You have to work hard to survive if u r a student and supporting yourself..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 12, 2011, 02:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear cricgenious bhai, best of luck to you. Let's see if I can think up something or if I knew anybody there...we have a few good BC brothers from Toronto...maybe they will see the thread soon. In the mean time keep looking and listen, DO NOT give up hope or feel that it's gonna be harder and you can not take it anymore...you will overcome this, you will find a job in Toronto, you will finish your study in Canada and you will be fine, Inshallah!
Old March 14, 2011, 10:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear cricgenious bhai, best of luck to you. Let's see if I can think up something or if I knew anybody there...we have a few good BC brothers from Toronto...maybe they will see the thread soon. In the mean time keep looking and listen, DO NOT give up hope or feel that it's gonna be harder and you can not take it anymore...you will overcome this, you will find a job in Toronto, you will finish your study in Canada and you will be fine, Inshallah!
O dearest Bk bhaiya...thanks a lot..Pls keep me in ur prayers thats it...nd u r my most favt BC member..u rock bhaiya..pls b like this always..: