facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2011, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Shakib, Siddons hit back at criticism from former players

Shakib, Siddons hit back at criticism from former players

Quote:
Bangladesh's captain and coach have hit back at the former players who have been criticising the team in newspaper columns and on talk shows on news channels. There has been widespread criticism of the team management after their dismal effort against West Indies - 58 all out. Neither Jamie Siddons nor Shakib Al Hasan pulled punches in response to the criticism.

In a press conference in Chittagong, Siddons said, "We try not to read the paper or listen to what people write. Everybody's got to write, they write what they want. [However], lot of players are disappointed by the past players having their say. And I am disappointed by some of the past players who are saying stuff about me as well. I wish they had the b*** to say that to my face. Some of them are not that courageous."

Shakib expressed his disappointment in a column he wrote in Prothom Alo. Shakib suggested that his team has not performed as badly as the previous teams did. Loosely translated, he wrote, "I don't think there are former players in Bangladesh who have not faced such a humiliation. We have faced such a situation once or twice, but there are former cricketers who have been in such situations often. So everyone needs to think before talking. I am not saying that every former cricketer is trying to run us down. There have been some who have lent out a supporting hand. That has been our biggest boost."

Siddons was more forgiving of the people that threw stones at Shakib's house. "Some people react," Siddons said. "Things happen in every country of the world, after crazy performances like that." That just suggests how irked the team is by the columns and the talk shows.

That is perhaps because there is no doubting that the majority of the crowd has been good and well behaved. "These people are very big supporters of cricket, very big supporters of the Bangladesh cricket team," Siddons said. "I saw nothing different when we drove in today, or yesterday from the airport. Unbelievable support. Everyone was disappointed by our performance, but everyone needs to realise these are the best 15 players in Bangladesh, and they are doing their best. If they have bad performances, that's the way it is. We are trying, we are doing our best. We'll play good cricket against England. Inshaallah."

However, Siddons said that the unrealistic expectations of his side could have played a part in the ugly public reaction and also in the players' failure to play freely. "Yeah I think the expectations are unrealistically high for this World Cup," Siddons said. "Definitely for our team. Two years in, we have improved a lot, but the expectations are high. We were playing at home. We expected it to be a good contest with West Indies. We expected to push them. On that wicket, if we made a decent score or if we bowled first, the result might have been different. Because it spun, it would have helped our bowling against their batting, but we had no runs to play with."

All this, Siddons said, has made the side more determined. "Definitely more determined. And also makes us realise where we are at. We need to improve some things, and we can be - because of our youth and age - up and down. Don't expect us to be that down, though. We have been playing better cricket for the last 12 months, and that was out of the blue. No one expected that, that's why we are so devastated."
Another Siddarth Monga Article on CI

Old March 6, 2011, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
That is perhaps because there is no doubting that the majority of the crowd has been good and well behaved. "These people are very big supporters of cricket, very big supporters of the Bangladesh cricket team," Siddons said. "I saw nothing different when we drove in today, or yesterday from the airport. Unbelievable support. Everyone was disappointed by our performance, but everyone needs to realise these are the best 15 players in Bangladesh, and they are doing their best. If they have bad performances, that's the way it is. We are trying, we are doing our best. We'll play good cricket against England. Inshaallah."
did Siddons really say that or is it another Monga gem.. hahaha... Man Siddons trying really hard to be positive it seems... Good for him.
Old March 6, 2011, 12:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Nannu just bashed shakib on NTV. they made it seem like Shakib seemed to have said something horrible about the former players. I see nothing wrong in what he said. What our media wont do, to get ratings......
Old March 6, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I just saw Nannu, Roqubul (Sr.) and Shujon act like Shakib and Siddons have committed some kind of crime.

Some points:

1. Roqibul said - Shakib could be suspended for 2 games if the ex players complain. He is a match ref and he knows. Shakib broke some kind of code of conduct.
2. Roqibul said he prevented Whatmore from getting the Indian coaching job. India sent a group to interview him and some others.
3. These foreign coaches are here to loot Bangladesh. Whatmore and Siddons are alike.
4. Shujon said this was a depleted New Zealand team. He could take a club team and beat the current Zimbabwe team. These teams are nothing compared to the teams he played against.
5. Siddons said there is cricketing brain in Bangladesh.
6. They all said Shakib should be able to take criticism like they did from their elder. All their hard work has produced the current environment.
7. They said Shakib needs to keep focus on the games and stop writing.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
did Siddons really say that or is it another Monga gem.. hahaha... Man Siddons trying really hard to be positive it seems... Good for him.
"Allah" is an arabic translation of the word "god". The Arab christians say "Allah" just like the American Muslims say "God". "Inshallah" is a common thing we all say, and any foreigner can easily pick it up.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Right or wrong, I seriously question Shakib's timing and strategy to fight back in the media.

To me this is not the right time, nor it is the right approach. By doing so he is creating more enemies in the influential circle. He will be in lot of more pressure to perform. As long as he will be performing he will be ok, but once he hit his off-form, life will be more difficult for him.

Its so sad... I thought he is more matured and knows how to deal with bad time, may be I was expecting too much from.

I was, and still is, and outstanding talent for BD. I hope we don't lose him, regardless whose fault it is.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
I just saw Nannu, Roqubul (Sr.) and Shujon act like Shakib and Siddons have committed some kind of crime.

Some points:

1. Roqibul said - Shakib could be suspended for 2 games if the ex players complain. He is a match ref and he knows. Shakib broke some kind of code of conduct.
2. Roqibul said he prevented Whatmore from getting the Indian coaching job. India sent a group to interview him and some others.
3. These foreign coaches are here to loot Bangladesh. Whatmore and Siddons are alike.
4. Shujon said this was a depleted New Zealand team. He could take a club team and beat the current Zimbabwe team. These teams are nothing compared to the teams he played against.
5. Siddons said there is cricketing brain in Bangladesh.
6. They all said Shakib should be able to take criticism like they did from their elder. All their hard work has produced the current environment.

Pathetic losers. Yes that's right, I called them losers. As soon as the going gets tough, the knives come out...I bet these same three thought Siddo was a great coach.

There is nothing more despicable than hypocrisy and cowardice...it really is easy taking potshots from the sidelines.

NZ were depleted, and Zimbabwe are weak...but that wasn't what these pundits were pontificating on late night shows all across the channels leading up to the WC.

Then it was all...we beat WI in WI, test and ODI, we blanked NZ....we are very strong team on home soil. Perfect team, Perfect management, Perfect everything....now it's time to play the blame game.

Passing the buck, now there is a sport we are No. 1 at...
Old March 6, 2011, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
this is the only one I agree with. Weren't our players told not to write to news papers during the wc. Lay low Shakib!!

you gonna perform like bunch of amateurs and then you can't take criticism.... Lack of professionalism is creeping in everywhere.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Just watched Former Cricketers reaction of Shakib's comment on them. Some of them made some valid points. I have to agree that Shakib has crossed his limit commenting on former cricketers.

Its really sad that Shakib is getting all the attention for wrong reasons. If he cant perform well, at least behave well, mate. No one respects a man who has no courtesy, manner, does not matter how talented or powerful he may be. Its just like our bad politicians. Everybody is afraid of bad politicians due to his power but No one respects him.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

ami bohut agei bolsi. Shakib is a great player but not a good captain. a captain needs to be polite and inspiring. Shakib is seriously lacking this quality unlike Mashrafee, and previously Habibul Bashar or Khaled mahmud. He should be our Vice Captain to provide important suggestions in the field. But not CAPTAIN. He should not be facing the media either. If he remains captain for another year BD team will simply split apart. The only reason we did well against NZ was - our players were in high spirit and determined under Mashrafee's captaincy. Shakib took over .. right.. but it was Mashrafee's team to begin with. Check out this video and judge yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCHPi...layer_embedded

Last edited by sonarbangla; March 6, 2011 at 02:31 PM..
Old March 6, 2011, 01:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Just watched Former Cricketers reaction of Shakib's comment on them. Some of them made some valid points. I have to agree that Shakib has crossed his limit commenting on former cricketers.

Its really sad that Shakib is getting all the attention for wrong reasons. If he cant perform well, at least behave well, mate. No one respects a man who has no courtesy, manner, does not matter how talented or powerful he may be. Its just like our bad politicians. Everybody is afraid of bad politicians due to his power but No one respects him.

If possible could you please share that link of tht interview ..
Old March 6, 2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
The former players were captains themselves, they least they can do now, with the team so low in confidence and so down, is provide them with some public support.

How many of them played under the same level of pressure and expectation as this team, and at the same age? Akram, Bulbul, Nannu were all old men, seasoned pros, by the time we got our ICC status in KL all those years ago...How many of them had to put up with similar media glare?

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but what they are doing is point scoring, and kicking a dog while it's down. That as they say is not cricket.

EDIT: Oh great another post about Mashrafe and his captaincy...I really do wish Shakib would go away, let Mashrafe lead the team from his sickbed, and see how inspired everyone is by him.

I joined this place, because I thought the people here would be a bit less reactionary than the casual fan, who hardly follows the team...yet it seems, I was wrong.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:57 PM
Street Cricketer

1st of all , a shambolic performance like that deserves a great deal of criticism. No matter how 'great' a player you are, you have to take it on the chin. 2ndly, Shakib had to be a whole lot more diplomatic in the press conference. He has to realise, his greatest weapon is his performance on the field. Not the less than impressive English he produces in front of the media.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 6, 2011, 01:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Old March 6, 2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakibssmc
1st of all , a shambolic performance like that deserves a great deal of criticism. No matter how 'great' a player you are, you have to take it on the chin. 2ndly, Shakib had to be a whole lot more diplomatic in the press conference. He has to realise, his greatest weapon is his performance on the field. Not the less than impressive English he produces in front of the media.

He is a young kid, if we had any continuity in our team, Shakib would be groomed as a future captain, not have the captaincy and the hopes of a 170mil thrust on his young shoulders. He didn't beg to be captain, the darling of the masses, did what he always does, he got injured, forcing Shakib to step in and take charge.

People are purposefully twisting his words, to carry out their individual vendettas...

Also having a go at his less than impressive English...wow, well done. Player from a provincial town in a 3rd world non-english speaking country has problems with English...what a laugh.

Polite/diplomatic...people are questioning his heart, desire, integrity, he has every right to react angrily to that.

No international player would put up with their heart and desire being questioned.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
The former players were captains themselves, they least they can do now, with the team so low in confidence and so down, is provide them with some public support.

How many of them played under the same level of pressure and expectation as this team, and at the same age? Akram, Bulbul, Nannu were all old men, seasoned pros, by the time we got our ICC status in KL all those years ago...How many of them had to put up with similar media glare?

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but what they are doing is point scoring, and kicking a dog while it's down. That as they say is not cricket.

EDIT: Oh great another post about Mashrafe and his captaincy...I really do wish Shakib would go away, let Mashrafe lead the team from his sickbed, and see how inspired everyone is by him.

I joined this place, because I thought the people here would be a bit less reactionary than the casual fan, who hardly follows the team...yet it seems, I was wrong.

excuse me, that time they didn't have cricketing facilities...they didn't have multiple coaches, they didn't get to play enough international matches.....compare the nannu era and shakib era....plz
Old March 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I have watched few programs on Tele, most of the former cricketers supported and tried to boost up. That was the main reason why people had so much expectations from this team. Now, when you see your team is doing wrong, cant you even point out what was wrong ? If i were a captain, i would certainly hear them and try to take positives out of them.

Quote:
Now, you are comparing 90s to 21st ! Anyway, I strongly believe, Akram, bulbul, Nannu would have been much better player if they had such support from media, board, govt etc. Now, if you cant take criticism and pressure from the media and fans, then you are not good enough to stand here. Sorry !

Quote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. Now if you call that kicking a dog, then its up to you.

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you. To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Cheers !
Old March 6, 2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
excuse me, that time they didn't have cricketing facilities...they didn't have multiple coaches, they didn't get to play enough international matches.....compare the nannu era and shakib era....plz
Your point being?

They didn't have those things, and they also didn't have to compete against the best teams in the world.

Facilities and Coaches don't automatically make you into world class players...if they did, Indian players wouldn't still struggle to play bounce.

Suresh Raina has had the best of everything, MRF Academy, crores of rupees...awesome coaches, great infrastructure, great role models, legendary teammates and for the love of God he still plays bounce like a tail ender.

Our current abilities do not match the unreasonable expectations being placed on our players.

Return On Investment takes a while to come...

How many of the current players came through a national set up? Being identified around the age of 9-11, school boys, national camps...then the under 15 teams, under 17 etc etc...

Where did they learn their basics?

You know what never mind...........

I'm done with this place. In the excitement of the WC, I forgot why I never posted prior to the WC, and only lurked...sometimes discussions in here are like banging your head against a brick wall.

I hope Siddons leaves after the WC, Shakib steps down from captaincy(with Mashrafe taking over), and Nannu, Shujan and Roquibul take over the day to day running of the team.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

So they weren't as good as you are so they have no right to criticise you? I don't understand what this team wants. Do they want to put a gag order on the country so that no one has a word to say against them? Or do they want the ex-players to lie when newspapers, tv shows ask for their opinion? Why are they even responding to them? Don't they have a match to focus on? Do they not know that the best way to shut the critics up is to perform on the field? This team is a mess with a clueless leader. Some serious restructuring needs to be done after the World Cup.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have watched few programs on Tele, most of the former cricketers supported and tried to boost up. That was the main reason why people had so much expectations from this team. Now, when you see your team is doing wrong, cant you even point out what was wrong ? If i were a captain, i would certainly hear them and try to take positives out of them.

Now, you are comparing 90s to 21st ! Anyway, I strongly believe, Akram, bulbul, Nannu would have been much better player if they had such support from media, board, govt etc. Now, if you cant take criticism and pressure from the media and fans, then you are not good enough to stand here. Sorry !

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. Now if you call that kicking a dog, then its up to you.

Sorry to disappoint you. To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Cheers !
Why did they have these false expectations? What justification did they have for it? I certainly didn't. They are very much to blame for the over the top expectations...why should the team now pay the price for that?

I never said, criticism is unwanted, or unwarranted...I said simply it had to be constructive.

It is not a case of disappointing me...I am a cyber non-entity, here today, gone tomorrow. I care about the players, and the team...I was up in Darwin when the team toured, knowing Australia would destroy us...but the joy was watching Bangladesh compete at this level.

I've spent a fair bit of my time and money following this team...I've seen it grow, yet I know it is still barely a toddler...I hate that people now expect it to run before it can walk.

But each to his own mate...
Old March 6, 2011, 02:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Your point being?

They didn't have those things, and they also didn't have to compete against the best teams in the world.

Facilities and Coaches don't automatically make you into world class players...if they did, Indian players wouldn't still struggle to play bounce.

Suresh Raina has had the best of everything, MRF Academy, crores of rupees...awesome coaches, great infrastructure, great role models, legendary teammates and for the love of God he still plays bounce like a tail ender.

Our current abilities do not match the unreasonable expectations being placed on our players.

Return On Investment takes a while to come...

How many of the current players came through a national set up? Being identified around the age of 9-11, school boys, national camps...then the under 15 teams, under 17 etc etc...

Where did they learn their basics?

You know what never mind...........

I'm done with this place. In the excitement of the WC, I forgot why I never posted prior to the WC, and only lurked...sometimes discussions in here are like banging your head against a brick wall.

I hope Siddons leaves after the WC, Shakib steps down from captaincy(with Mashrafe taking over), and Nannu, Shujan and Roquibul take over the day to day running of the team.
simply ask you a question. When was the last time you see players criticized former players when they play bad? I think this is the first time in world cricket history that a player criticized former players because former players criticized the team. You can criticize former player's comment by performance...ekta kotha mone rakben, bangladesh cricket uthe ashche ei nannu shujander dharai....
Old March 6, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

F6_Turbo stop your BS. What over the top expectations did we have? To qualify for the QFs from a group which had three teams ranked lower than us? To not get bowled out for 58 against a team ranked lower than us which hasn't beaten a Test side for over 2 years? Was that too much for the boys to handle? If we had OTT expectations why were people satisfied and celebrating even after the 90 run loss to India?
Old March 6, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

'সাকিব একদিন তুমিও সাবেক হবে'
সমকাল | সোমবার | ৭ মার্চ ২০১১

নাঈমুর রহমান দুর্জয়, সাবেক অধিনায়ক
কী বলব? কেউ যদি তার অতীতকে ভুলে যায়, সেটা তার মানসিকতার ব্যাপার। যার যেমন রুচি সে তেমনই করবে। যার যেমন ব্যাকগ্রাউন্ড সে তো তেমনই করবে। যেটা সে শিখেছে সেটাই বলেছে। এখানে আমার বলার কিছু নেই। আমরা কী ক্রিকেট খেলেছি সেটা এদেশের মানুষ জানে। কারও কথায় সেটা মুছে যাবে না। এটা ঠিক, সাকিব এখন সেরা ক্রিকেটার। কিন্তু সে-ও একদিন সাবেক হবে। আজ থেকে ১৫ বছর পর হয়তো তার চেয়েও ভালো ক্রিকেটার আসবে। তখন সে যদি প্রশ্ন তুলে সাবেকরা কী করেছে তা আমার জানা আছে। তখন নিশ্চয় সাকিবের খারাপ লাগবে। কাউকে সম্মান দিলেই সে সম্মানটা ফিরে পাওয়া যায়। ভারতে এ মুহূর্তে শচীন টেন্ডুলকার কিংবা মহেন্দ্র সিং ধোনি সেরা ক্রিকেটার। কিন্তু খারাপ খেললে কি তাদের সমালোচনা হয় না? সুনীল গাভাস্কার কি শচীনের ভুল ধরে দেন না? আসলে ৫৮ রানে হারার পর সাবেক ক্রিকেটাররা তাদের দায়িত্ব থেকে টেকনিক্যাল ভুলগুলো ধরিয়ে দিয়েছেন। সেই সঙ্গে প্রত্যেকেই সাহস দিয়েছেন, পাশে দাঁড়িয়েছেন এ পরিস্থিতি থেকে ঘুরে দাঁড়ানোর জন্য। অতীতে নাকি এ ধরনের পরিস্থিততে আমরা বেশি পড়েছি। আমার তো মনে হয় না বাংলাদেশ তার ২৬ বছরের ক্রিকেট ইতিহাসে এত অল্প রান
এর আগে করেছে। আজ আমাদের বলে দেওয়া হচ্ছে কী করা উচিত!

খালেদ মাসুদ পাইলট, সাবেক অধিনায়ক
এই ব্যাপারটি নিয়ে এ মুহূর্তে আমি আমার প্রতিক্রিয়া দেব না। কারণ বিশ্বকাপ চলছে। এখনও বাংলাদেশের তিনটি ম্যাচ বাকি রয়েছে। এ মুহূর্তে সাকিব একটি কথা বলেছে, আমিও যদি কথার উত্তর দেই তাহলে ব্যাপারটি আরও ঘোলাটে হয়ে যাবে। আমার মনে হয় ব্যাপারটি নিয়ে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডই কিছু বলতে পারে। কেননা সাকিবদের অভিভাবক এখন বোর্ড। সাকিবদের কী বলা উচিত, কিংবা কী লেখা উচিত এ নিয়ে বোধহয় বোর্ডের চুক্তিতে লেখা আছে। সাকিবদের স্বার্থ, সুযোগ-সুবিধা দেখার পাশাপাশি বোর্ড কিন্তু আমাদের সাবেক ক্রিকেটারদেরও সম্মানের ব্যাপারটি দেখে থাকে। সুতরাং বোর্ডই ঠিক করবে এ ব্যাপারে তারা কী সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে। তবে আমি শুধু সাকিবকে বলব, এ মুহূর্তে কথা না বলে মাঠের দিকে মনোযোগ দাও। ভালো খেললে মানুষ যেমন ভালোবাসে, সেটা যখন উপভোগ করতে পারো তখন খারাপ খেললে সমালোচনাও হবে। সেটাই স্বাভাবিকভাবে মেনে নিতে হবে। অযথা সমালোচনায় কান দেওয়া ঠিক হবে না। এবং কারও কথায় প্ররোচিত হয়ে ভুল কিছু করো না।

রকিবুল হাসান, সাবেক অধিনায়ক
সাকিবের কথায় অবাক হয়েছি। বাংলাদেশ দলের অধিনায়ক হিসেবে ওর সবাইকে সম্মান দিয়ে কথা বলা উচিত। ঔদ্ধত্যপূর্ণ, একই সঙ্গে অপমানজনক এসব কথাবার্তা ওর বলা উচিত হয়নি। এসব কথা আইসিসির কোড অব কন্ডাক্টেরও বরখেলাপ। আজ ওরা বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটার। ১৯৭২ সালে আমরা যদি ক্রিকেট খেলে কাপড় না পোড়াতাম তবে তো ওরা আজ ক্রিকেটারই হতো না। পরের প্রজন্ম যদি আইসিসি ট্রফি জিতে বিশ্বকাপ না খেলতে পারত, তবে কি বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট আজকের এই চেহারা পেত। তাছাড়া ওর মনে রাখা উচিত, আজও আশরাফুলের পাশে কেন সবাই। শুধু কি তার প্রতিভার জন্য? তা কিন্তু নয়। আশরাফুলের ব্যবহার কিন্তু সবাইকে কাছে টানে। সাকিবকে নিয়ে আমরা গর্ব করি। মাঠের বাইরের কিছু নিয়ে এখন ওর চিন্তা করার প্রয়োজন নেই। ও মাঠের খেলায় নজর দিক।

ফারুক আহমেদ, সাবেক অধিনায়ক
আমার মনে হয়েছে এসব কথা বলার সময় এখন নয়। সাকিবের জন্য তো নয়ই। তাছাড়া 'ওনারা বেশি খারাপ ছিল বা ওনারা কেমন ক্রিকেট খেলেছে, আমরা কম খারাপ বা ওনাদের চেয়ে ভালো ক্রিকেট খেলি' এসব কি কথা হলো। এসব কথা কখনও সাকিবকে উপরে তুলবে না। এসব কথা এখন বলা জরুরিও নয়। সামনে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ তিনটি ম্যাচ আছে। সাকিবের উচিত পুরো মনোযোগটা ওদিকেই রাখা। অন্যথায় এসব বিষয় তার মাথায় ঢুকে যাবে। তাতে আর যা-ই হোক ভালো কিছু হবে না। আশা করব আগামী দিনগুলোতে সে মাঠের খেলাতেই মনোযোগ দেবে।

হাবিবুল বাশার সুমন, সাবেক অধিনায়ক
সাকিবের সব কথা শুনেছি। পড়েছি। সামনের ম্যাচগুলো বাংলাদেশের জন্য খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। এখন সবারই খেলার দিকে মন দেওয়া উচিত। সে কারণে আমি সাকিবের বক্তব্য নিয়ে কথা বলতে চাইছি না।
Old March 6, 2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
simply ask you a question. When was the last time you see players criticized former players when they play bad? I think this is the first time in world cricket history that a player criticized former players because former players criticized the team. You can criticize former player's comment by performance...ekta kotha mone rakben, bangladesh cricket uthe ashche ei nannu shujander dharai....
RIght off the top of my head, Ricky Ponting.

Shane Warne, Geoff Lawson, and Chapelle publicly criticized Ponting, his captaincy, his leadership and his decision making...

Ponting defended himself very strongly against the former players(teammate in the case of Warne) and infact came out and said

Quote:
We've exchanged a few messages and I'm not hiding the fact I was a little bit disappointed with the Tweets that I read,' Ponting said. 'What he had to say was very unfair. It was pretty ill-informed comments.
Yes Bangladesh cricket owes a lot to the 'senior players' but Shakib and Co, are the present and future of Bangladesh Cricket...I'd rather we spent a bit more time looking out for them.

One minute he is a hero, next minute he is zero...maybe we need to stop and realize, he is neither a saviour or a villain. Just a young player trying to do the best with what he has at his disposal.

Nannu, Bulbul, Akram, all had each other to lean on in times of need...who does Shakib have to lean on for experience? Ashraful

These blokes publicly admonishing him, will force him to become defensive, and everyone will lose because of that. He won't in future approach them for advice, and we'll be denied their knowledge and experience...
Old March 6, 2011, 03:00 PM
Club Cricketer

TBH you can blame the captains all you want but the talent on this team is garbage. Save for Tamim and Shakib none of the players have consistently proven themselves of being capable of building an innings on a world stage.