facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2011, 03:54 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Lightbulb Post Match overview.....

Post-match reaction

Well that was it. the match where there was no competition no swagger, no attempt for half of the game. Now I sit back and think, Is Bangladesh really a worthy test playing opponent than Ireland, Netherlands? Any team in the world make an attempt to chase down a total rather than playing out the innings. Bangladesh National team actually performed worse than the Bangladesh B team. If this was Australia, every single player would have retired. Not Bangladesh, They need money and jokers fame! But why are they performing like this? what are the problems?

1) Aim!. Heavens! Show me a second team that will give up on a 270 score at home conditions? Shakib said after the match, that 270 is not a possible total in this condition. So my question is, WHY DID THEY BOTHER COMING TO BAT? It would have saved the time of public that was trying to cheer them even under the heat wave. Really Bangladesh Cricket team does not deserve fans like us! Forget the 3 down early. There was a point when 2 of our “best” batsmen was set in crease and the required rate was 7. All I saw Shakib and Tamim doing was take 3-4 runs an over. I still see no sense why both players had to play defensive at the same time. Tamim could have carried on slowly to stay until the batting powerplay while maintaining a possible winning outcome. On the other end, Shakib could have risked it. This half centuries are pointless and does not involve hark work. because when they actually started hitting, Tamim got out the second delivery and Shakib on the very first. Such horrible effort.

2) Intention: it became evident to the whole world that both Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq were playing for their personal record which is the worst thing that can happen to cricket. My message to them is, CRICKET IS NOT A SPORT FOR THEM! It’s a collective sport where you play to bring a victory for the team! I would recommend Shakib and Tamim to try Tennis.

3) Roqibul the Rock: You know when a player takes 20-25 deliveries to make 7-8 runs, you generally think that batsman is playing a test match or has the ability to boost later on. Roqibul certainly did not do that nor can he. He did not look comfortable for a single delivery and his batting was a huge reason why our run rate was so poor. If a top order batsman can’t contribute to a run chase on an acceptable strike rate, the solution is play another bowler instead of him. Period.

4) Nafees: Yes it was an LBW which is always unlucky but 3-4 unlucky ones like that and we are sorry we have to say a big NO to you.

5) Well that’s our batting that cannot be fixed even in next 10 years, lets talk bowling and captaincy. Bangladesh bowled superbly as usual restricting Australia in 270. However, Shakib’s bowling changes are highly questionable. When you see the opponent struggling with spin, why would you play 18 overs of pace attack when one of them is still recovering from injury. I don’t blame Mashrafe or Shafiul. Mashrafe did what Rubel and Shafiul fails most of them time which is strike early. Haddin was a big wicket because a big hitter like him would have taken the score beyond 300. However bringing a guy into the attack for 3 spells who is recovering from injury and lost practice is almost suspicious. Did Shakib want Mashrafe to fail? If not than he should explain why Mahmudullah and Shuvo bowled less than 7 overs each!

6) Fielding! 2 dropped catches, miss fielding, miss run out! Yes you can afford to do that against Zimbabwe but NOT Australia. What is the point of the fielding coach than?

7) Coaching: I won’t blame coaches here. I saw Siddons angry coming out trying to give Shakib tips but Shakib didn’t bother. I don’t think our coaches are doing enough but it is not their fault if the players don’t take lessons. Bangladesh CANT find gaps for singles! Look at Australia! Did they display a lot of fireworks in their batting? They kept taking singles and rotating strikes and trying to hit once in a while. Bangladesh have never done that and as a result always saw pressure cruise to off limit.

Overall, I think we have too many problems! I can suggest this this and that changes in the line-up but the bottom line is, they need to master basics, fear and hopelessness. They need to give up on playing for record and play for the country! I think we Bangladeshi fans have seen enough! Here we sit, get emotional, hope for a victory and see players not even INTERESTED in winning! Bangladesh does not deserve to be invited by any nation for tours because it’s a waste of their time and money and a letdown for spectators.

Apologies the harsh language I love every cricket player of Bangladesh regardless of their performance. But one thing I cannot accept is this kind of behavior and attitude. It’s a slap in our face when we see this kind of negative intent.

Old April 9, 2011, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

When the same thing is happening over and over again, it's the coach.
Old April 9, 2011, 06:36 PM

Well the coach did look pissed off!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 9, 2011, 06:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't think the team even overviews their performance after their own match but we do it anyway.. just shows they don't care because they repeat the same performance again and again
Old April 9, 2011, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

you can blame coaches, players, water boys, ball boys whoever you want. but the reality is our players are no where near the international standard (Tarapod Roy er daridro rekha). simple.
Old April 9, 2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

thread title should be changed to: Post Farce Overview
Old April 9, 2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
you can blame coaches, players, water boys, ball boys whoever you want. but the reality is our players are no where near the international standard (Tarapod Roy er daridro rekha). simple.
Our players have shown international level performance, but they have a long way to go before they can achieve that consistency

Old April 9, 2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib
thread title should be changed to: Post Farce Overview
Haha clearly sarcasm have a different meaning for you

Old April 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq

1) Forget the 3 down early. There was a point when 2 of our “best” batsmen was set in crease and the required rate was 7. All I saw Shakib and Tamim doing was take 3-4 runs an over. I still see no sense why both players had to play defensive at the same time. Tamim could have carried on slowly to stay until the batting powerplay while maintaining a possible winning outcome. On the other end, Shakib could have risked it. This half centuries are pointless and does not involve hark work. because when they actually started hitting, Tamim got out the second delivery and Shakib on the very first. Such horrible effort.

5) Well that’s our batting that cannot be fixed even in next 10 years, lets talk bowling and captaincy. Bangladesh bowled superbly as usual restricting Australia in 270. However, Shakib’s bowling changes are highly questionable. When you see the opponent struggling with spin, why would you play 18 overs of pace attack when one of them is still recovering from injury. I don’t blame Mashrafe or Shafiul. Mashrafe did what Rubel and Shafiul fails most of them time which is strike early. Haddin was a big wicket because a big hitter like him would have taken the score beyond 300. However bringing a guy into the attack for 3 spells who is recovering from injury and lost practice is almost suspicious. Did Shakib want Mashrafe to fail? If not than he should explain why Mahmudullah and Shuvo bowled less than 7 overs each!
1) It was 49/3 in the 13th over. If he got out somewhere in the 20-30 over range, on current form there was little chance that the rest to follow wouldn't have crumbled or got further bogged down. You have to remember that this was the field on which Tsotsobe skewered the Bangladeshi batsman in their last match barely two weeks ago and as inconsistent as he may be Mitchell Johnson is a far more devastating bowler. I think the 30th over was a good time to hit out as - despite the slow run rate - 150+ in 20 overs is feasible at the death. If Tamim was able to get a couple of more boundaries from then on rather than holing out, I think Shakib would not have continued to crawl through his innings and the innings may have had some impetus. Instead, Tamim's hit managed to find deep midwicket, leaving Mushy to 'settle in' and Shakib to meander through aimlessly till the 42nd over. I do think that they would have switched gears if they managed to stick around together longer than the 30th over.

5) People seem to have started siding with either Shakib and Mashrafe as if they are Awami League and BNP! You are either Shakib-ponthi or Mashrafe-ponthi! I don't think Shakib wants to harm Mash just because he wants to 'stay in power' or anything like that. Fast/Fast-medium/Medium-Fast bowlers are expected to bowl at the death. Spinners are supposed to be good at containing runs and getting occasional wickets in the middle overs. 'Fast' bowlers are supposed to get wickets early in the innings and at the death or at least check the flow of runs by mixing up deliveries when everyone is slogging. It's no excuse that he's previously been rubbish at bowling at the death. With his kind of experience (and considerable skill) he should be able to exorcise those ghosts. I seem to remember Rubel did against NZ and Shafiul did against England and they are no where near his class yet.

Some may argue that he is half-fit and was reluctant to play. Over the past three years, he's realized that he'll never regain his old pace and has had to turn to more consistent line & length instead. It will be the same even after surgery, so I don't think his current fitness would have impacted his bowling all that much. The crux of this issue may be the mysterious decision by the BCB to play him and it might explain why he looked so dejected in the field but at the same time, it means Shakib had to use what he had on the field. Rubel was out and Mash was in for him. Shafiul bowled the penultimate over, Shakib and Razzak bowled themselves out trying to curb the runs during the batting power play, so there were no more experienced bowlers left. What could Shakib have done? Give the ball to a spinner who's only played 12 previous matches or an all-rounder who lacks extended match bowling practice?
Old April 9, 2011, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I really think that there is a potential for this match being FIXED!!!

I say so based on Tamim, Shakibs batting, both power hitters and aggresive natured yet decided to play out dot balls.
And secondly Mashrafes forced inclusion. I dont see who can benefit unless someone paid huge cash to ensure he is in the team.

Anyways that my CONSPIRACY Theory for the day
Old April 9, 2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
1) It was 49/3 in the 13th over. If he got out somewhere in the 20-30 over range, on current form there was little chance that the rest to follow wouldn't have crumbled or got further bogged down. You have to remember that this was the field on which Tsotsobe skewered the Bangladeshi batsman in their last match barely two weeks ago and as inconsistent as he may be Mitchell Johnson is a far more devastating bowler. I think the 30th over was a good time to hit out as - despite the slow run rate - 150+ in 20 overs is feasible at the death. If Tamim was able to get a couple of more boundaries from then on rather than holing out, I think Shakib would not have continued to crawl through his innings and the innings may have had some impetus. Instead, Tamim's hit managed to find deep midwicket, leaving Mushy to 'settle in' and Shakib to meander through aimlessly till the 42nd over. I do think that they would have switched gears if they managed to stick around together longer than the 30th over.

5) People seem to have started siding with either Shakib and Mashrafe as if they are Awami League and BNP! You are either Shakib-ponthi or Mashrafe-ponthi! I don't think Shakib wants to harm Mash just because he wants to 'stay in power' or anything like that. Fast/Fast-medium/Medium-Fast bowlers are expected to bowl at the death. Spinners are supposed to be good at containing runs and getting occasional wickets in the middle overs. 'Fast' bowlers are supposed to get wickets early in the innings and at the death or at least check the flow of runs by mixing up deliveries when everyone is slogging. It's no excuse that he's previously been rubbish at bowling at the death. With his kind of experience (and considerable skill) he should be able to exorcise those ghosts. I seem to remember Rubel did against NZ and Shafiul did against England and they are no where near his class yet.

Some may argue that he is half-fit and was reluctant to play. Over the past three years, he's realized that he'll never regain his old pace and has had to turn to more consistent line & length instead. It will be the same even after surgery, so I don't think his current fitness would have impacted his bowling all that much. The crux of this issue may be the mysterious decision by the BCB to play him and it might explain why he looked so dejected in the field but at the same time, it means Shakib had to use what he had on the field. Rubel was out and Mash was in for him. Shafiul bowled the penultimate over, Shakib and Razzak bowled themselves out trying to curb the runs during the batting power play, so there were no more experienced bowlers left. What could Shakib have done? Give the ball to a spinner who's only played 12 previous matches or an all-rounder who lacks extended match bowling practice?
1) Dude, I am not saying Shakib should have come to the strike and started bashing or blind slogging right away. I am referring to the point when both batsmen were set. After 25 overs, Bangladesh were 90/3 with a required run rate of 7.4. At this time, when you have the captain and vice captain on field with scores of 25 and 45, both under 70 srike rate, it is time to step on the gas paddle from at least one end to stay alive in the match. waiting 5 more overs is killing it and it wasnt a huge risk either considering the fact that there were 7 wickets in hand.
5) Yes i cannot deny there is Shakib- Mash politics everywhere now and even i am sick and tired if it. But that still does not change the fact why Mashrafe was bowling last over. An injury return after all those controversy is not a worthy candidate for bowling 3 spells and death overs. That would be different against teams like India, Sril Lanka and so on because they are not that comfortable against pace. But giving Australia a pace attack in death overs is just gifting them with runs! We have seen Shuvo and Mahmudullah bowl well. Siddons kpt saying, spin is our strength and yet we don't use them properly. Whats the point than?

the bottom line is, you need to fully utilize your strengths to their weaknesses. Even after that, Mashrafe has just returned. Yes nothing wrong in giving an experienced bowler a go but at that situation, that condition, it was not a smart move and is definitely questionable!
Old April 9, 2011, 10:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

today, shakib, tamim, mushfiq all played the role of RAKIBUL. so if tamim, mushfiq or shakib can do the Rakibul job Beter than Rakibul, do we really need Rakibul ????
Old April 9, 2011, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Top posts.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 10, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
today, shakib, tamim, mushfiq all played the role of RAKIBUL. so if tamim, mushfiq or shakib can do the Rakibul job Beter than Rakibul, do we really need Rakibul ????
Completely agree. Add that the drama part can now be played by Mash and Shuvo is a good enough fielder. So, what do we miss if Roq is 'rested'?
Old April 10, 2011, 01:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

ok man ..... we lost by 60 runs ...........

--if in each over we showed the intent to score 1 more SINGLE that is 50 more SINGLEs we could have had another 25 runs (50% SUCCESS)

--every three overs if we had tried to score 1 more DOUBLE that is another 16 DOUBLEs and could have got another 16 runs (50% SUCCESS)

--every six overs if we had tried to score 1 more FOUR that is another 8 FOURs and could have got another 16 runs (50% SUCCESS)

--every twelve overs if we had tried to score 1 more SIX that is another 4 SIXes and could have got another 12 runs (50% SUCCESS)

25+16+16+12= 69 more runs

ALSO we may have lost additional wickets buy taking the additional risks to score The additional runs.

but that's what we need to do to win/compete in games. make attempts, additional attempts.

take some timely risks and make sure u can avoid the dangers of the risks.

show some intention, realistic intention.
Old April 10, 2011, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
When the same thing is happening over and over again, it's the coach.
Absolutely right. It's the coach.
Old April 10, 2011, 03:30 AM
Street Cricketer

gadhar baccha sob gula, 12 years ager cricket khelse, unbelivable, eder khela daikha maja gorom hoiya shonshar tikaya rahkayai mushkil hoiya jaitase.. sei 1988 thika khela dekhi bd er, tokhon o eto mejaj gorom hoito na, kichidin break nite hobe...