facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default What the game of Cricket means to Bangladesh

Every time Bangladesh Team comes out into the field, have you noticed the excitement inside your heart? Every time, our team comes out victorious, we celebrate, we enjoy, we cheer. But, have you ever tried to find our the reason behind all these?

The answer to all these questions is, cricket is no more just a game in Bangladesh. When our country is loaded with political problems, it's our cricketers who make us believe in ourselves, they make us want to dream big once again.

Political instability is a major problem in Bangladesh, but when it comes to cricket, people forget all the issues, and unite together to cheer for the tigers. One can certainly claim that Bangladeshi cricket supporters are the most passionate cricket lovers in the world. Cricket is related to our hearts, our emotions.

Cricket not only unites the nation, but also gives a reason for the people of Bangladesh to celebrate. It's amazing how 11 cricketers on the field can bring smiles on 140 million people of the country at once.

Lastly, would like to thank our cricketers for making us proud over and over again. We are proud supporters of Bangladesh Cricket Team, we are proud of our cricketers.

Last edited by mush_here; July 27, 2012 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Photo

Old July 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Welcome to BC, the game of cricket means a lot but it will mean much more once we start winning against strong team on a consistant basis, or simply be Competitive
Old July 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Hit the jackpot bro?

Quote:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 33 (2 members and 31 guests)
Very good first post. Welcome to the forum. Love your avy.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 27, 2012, 03:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Thank you guys!
@playmaker, thanks for welcoming. Yup, it will mean much more to us if that happens regularly, but as our captain said after the Asia Cup 'this is just the start, there is many more to follow,' let's just wait and see..
@zeeshan, thanks bro.
Old July 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mush_here
One can certainly claim that Bangladeshi cricket supporters are the most passionate cricket lovers in the world. Cricket is related to our hearts, our emotions.
With respect, I disagree. Bangladeshis are passionate about Bangladesh, not necessarily cricket. If it were the latter, we would not have seen a half-empty Mirpur during much of the BPL. Most domestic cricket matches (no matter which competition) are played out in front of empty galleries.

It's all about national pride, to be honest. The cricket is quite secondary.
Old July 27, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
With respect, I disagree. Bangladeshis are passionate about Bangladesh, not necessarily cricket. If it were the latter, we would not have seen a half-empty Mirpur during much of the BPL. Most domestic cricket matches (no matter which competition) are played out in front of empty galleries.

I agree wholeheartedly. Explains why so many "cricket fans" know so little about the basics of the game with some of them often resorting to decontextualized statistical geekfesting, intellectual dishonesty and purely argumentative rant to put forth stupid and absurd opinions in order to appear knowledgeable.

I go to local matches whenever I can, and ALWAYS find myself to be one of just a couple of dozen spectators not related to the players in the middle by blood, romance or friendship.

That being said, the Bangladesh Cricket Team unites and inspires passion in our people across all class and political divisions like no other. Maybe that's what the OP was getting at.

BTW, welcome to BC Mushfique, enjoy your stay here. We need more Dhaka residents in this Forum
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old July 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:

Well ofcourse. Why should fans go to matches with poor cricket being played? And not to mention the reason for half empty galleries is the overdose of cricket matches in Dhaka and dhaka public as expected are getting far too many games. If you have more matches in rajshahi, khulna, sylhet, you will see a big turnaround, MMW. At the same time the games at Dhaka and CTG will have more spectators because the number of matches to which they can go are limited.
Old July 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

ক্রিকেট আমাদের দলমত নির্বিশেষে দেশের সকল মানুষকে একত্রিত করে। ক্রিকেটাররাই আমাদের দেশের সকল মানুষকে একসাথে আনন্দিত করতে সক্ষম। তাই ক্রিকেট মানে দেশের সকল মানুষের মাঝে সেতু বন্ধন।
Old July 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:

So what? Australian Domestics have empty stands as well. Does that mean Australians arent passionate about cricket as well?
Old July 27, 2012, 11:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ Yes, but Australians still turn out in droves for Test matches. Our spectators don't. A culture of appreciating cricket and its many nuances hasn't developed in Bangladesh nearly to the extent it has in older Test nations.
Old July 27, 2012, 11:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Oh and welcome mush!
Old July 27, 2012, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

One of Sohel NR bhai's famous quote, 'Cricket is a process, not an Even or two'. Australia has been playing cricket for a long time. Comparing to that we are still in the baby phase, it will take a long time for that to change. Not to mention our players aren't helping the cause.
Old July 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^ Yes, but Australians still turn out in droves for Test matches. Our spectators don't. A culture of appreciating cricket and its many nuances hasn't developed in Bangladesh nearly to the extent it has in older Test nations.
AUS and ENG are the only countries to play all tests in front of a packed crowd. Even in India, when playing big teams (ENG, AUS, SA, PAK) the crowds come in if the match is particularly close or unless Tendulkar is on the threshold of some landmark, in the latter case disbursing if its not achieved. SL, PAK, WI fans hardly care for Test cricket anymore. Same with NZ, but their Test grounds are so small that a crowd of 500 appears large. I think RSA crowds care about Tests more than other countries, but not nearly as much as AUS/ENG. I think thats why the Ashes will never be a dull affair.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
Test Cricketer

unfair to burden cricketers with hopes of a nation, even though it seems to be reality more times than not.
Old July 28, 2012, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosaif
unfair to burden cricketers with hopes of a nation, even though it seems to be reality more times than not.
Good observation.
Old July 28, 2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosaif
Also, unfair to us not showing up regularly if not often!

Good to see you posting again Saif bhai
Old July 28, 2012, 04:30 AM

Welcome to BC Mushfique

Like the thread as well
Old July 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

What's poor cricket and good cricket for BD fans?? If the team loses, that's poor and good cricket means, if we win. Hardly matters how you win it .. Because its not the passion for cricket but the starvation from National success ....that brings people to the field or follow cricket in such numbers...

Well there is always a very small % who enjoys cricket in true sense... They will always follow test cricket ...