facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2004, 11:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Three LBWs

Congrat. to BD A team on their win. Still one thing thats bothering me. I read it that the last 3 outs were on the same run and all of them were LBWs. That simply means we won a lost match. They were unable to get 6 runs with 3 wicket in hand and a complete day to go.

Here is my concern. Umpiring is a big problem we face in almost all tours. We still remain test winless, who knows may be only because of umparing. there are many many more examples.

I just hope that we are not taking any kind of "revenge" of those events and our wins are true wins.

I read about this 3 lbws in last run from a post and if its not true, the whole thread becomes uselss.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by AgentSmith]

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by AgentSmith]

Old March 20, 2004, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

well agentsmith bhai,
i dont think that the news about the LBW is not true. because i have also read it from someone eles's comment. however, none of the newspapers have talked about this, even if it is true they would not talk about it anyway for obvious reasons. jaihok, asha korbo airokom ar hobe na. karon cricket is cricket. akta shot khela. ebong khelar modhhe har jit achai. jochhuri kore jitar mane nai. ete kono gorbo thake na. khele joi korar modhhai kintu thake ashol anondo. jaihok. asha korbo poroborti match a amra lorai kore khele jitbo. dannabad.
Old March 20, 2004, 11:41 AM
Test Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by AgentSmith
I read it that the last 3 outs were on the same run and all of them were LBWs. That simply means we won a lost match. They were unable to get 6 runs with 3 wicket in hand and a complete day to go.

I read about this 3 lbws in last run from a post and if its not true, the whole thread becomes uselss.

what you're on about? Is there any rule that umpires should not give LBW's in such situation?
Old March 20, 2004, 02:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Zephaniah, u misunderstood me. of course umpires can and should give LBWs when there IS lbws. i just hope that they don't give LBWs when there IS NOT lbws. just wanted to make sure we won with 11 players not with 13 (including 2 umpires).
Old March 20, 2004, 03:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Zephaniah, u misunderstood me. of course umpires can and should give LBWs when there IS lbws. i just hope that they don't give LBWs when there IS NOT lbws. just wanted to make sure we won with 11 players not with 13 (including 2 umpires).
1. Don't just guess. Umpires decision is final according to the rule book.
2. you can't make sure anything now. game is over and BD A won.

ICC has their own mechanism monitoring umpiring.
Old March 31, 2004, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

ji bhai,
umpire ar decision kintu shesh kotha. oije ashoka desilva bangladesh ar birudhhe koto gula bhool decision disilo amra ki kisu korte perechilam. parini. umpire ja bolche tai hoyeche. shutorong akhon ar bole labh nai. umpireder bhool shiddhanto khelar akta ongsho. ebong etake mene niyai amaderke khelte hobe. karon mone rakhte hobe je jiboner shob kichui kintu nikhoot noi. bhool shob jaigai royeche. etake mene niyai amaderke cholte hobe. dannabad.
Old April 1, 2004, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]