facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2015, 06:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Default Bangladesh Cricket from a Non-Bangladeshi's POV

Having fallen in love with the game of cricket ever since my father was cheering on West Indies in the Semi-Final of the 96 World Cup, but something special happened that day that made me aware of the realities of this great game we called cricket. The fall of Brian Lara's wicket.

I can still remember my reaction: "Oh god Lara gone". I first heartbreak in Cricket.

I then became not only a West Indian fan( my birthright), but a fan of the underdogs. I was only a toddler back then.

Then came the next World Cup and I watched an sublimed Bangladesh team created an upset against Pakistan. I wouldn't have ask for a better result. But the that Pakistan team went to the final and lost to Australia( the same fate for NZ as well last month).

I myself wasn't that of a good student,academically,in school. The subsequent years that followed introduced the new whipping boys in the international scene. I wanted to mirror myself with this underdog. Ash made that Century to become the youngest to do it renewed my belief in Bangladesh cricket...

I continued to struggled in High School while Bangladesh was struggling at the highest level.

Ash again at Cardiff inspired me to persevere.

Fast forward to 2007 World Cup in my territories, Bangladesh produced a memorable performance and the most comprehensive victory in my opinion. Tamim showed the world that Indians are just like me and you (I saw this similar approach by him in the 2nd ODI two days ago). I graduated high school that year with a record that is bitter sweet. Excelling in one subject and disappointing in the others.

The year of 2009 would be the one where I became a die-hard Bangladeshi fan.
Bangladesh toured the West Indies, played a 2nd class team, Banglawashed them, and left the West Indies with the trophies and Shakib as my new Role-Model. From that point on I was interested in everything Bangladesh. I even tried to listen to Bangladeshi music!!! "din gelo by Habib.

More fast-forwarding...

Bangladesh in WC 2015, absolutely brilliant. Showed the world that they were consistent by not being inconsistent like which was the norm in Bangladesh cricket. I'm in my 2nd year in college and working twice as hard compared to my high school years. I see Bangladesh's improvement as my improvement.

Thank you Mash, ASH, M.Rafique, Pilot, H.Bashar,K. Mahmud, M.I.Rana,Mushfiqur, Tamim, RBX, Shahapova, RIYAD, RASEL, NASIR, KAYES, the new boys on the block: TASKIN, SOUYMA, ANAMUL,MOMINUL, SHABBIR, AND can't forget the ICEMAN.

Just one advice: Please remain consisitent, enjoy the game, and always give 100%

I only wished that My territorial TEAM would play like you guys.

## Intentionally left out the 2003 & 2011 World CupS

Sorry if I forget any names, and for my blabbering. Go TIGERSSSS!!!!

Old April 21, 2015, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

aklemalp, your support is greatly appreciated
Old April 21, 2015, 06:28 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ Anytime bro, anytime. I am truly delighted to be a part of the most dedicated fans in cricket.
Old April 21, 2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp

Thank you Mash, ASH, M.Rafique, Pilot, H.Bashar,K. Mahmud, M.I.Rana,Mushfiqur, Tamim, RBX, Shahapova, RIYAD, RASEL, NASIR, KAYES, the new boys on the block: TASKIN, SOUYMA, ANAMUL, SHABBIR, AND can't forget the ICEMAN.

Atahar Ali, Golla, Rajin, Durjoy, Faruq, Nannu, Bulbul, Badsha, Prince, Rakibul, Akram chachhu and may more...

aklemalp, thank you for joining us at BC - we are glad to have you with us
Old April 21, 2015, 06:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Glad to be here. I should add the Delectable Shamim in there, everytime /Most of the games I watch. He's busy "delectable" giving us more words to add to our vocabulary. Ha ha ha
Old April 21, 2015, 06:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Brother aklemalp, you just blew me away! Your such beautifully expressive writing gave me a genuine shot right into my heart!~ Man, I am so very much admire your genuine love for the game and your friends. aklemalp, Banglacricket is fortunate to have a member of your personality, mind and soul. Cricket in Bangladesh will grow, because, in this world she and her athletes have kind, loving and patient friends/well-wishers like you.

I am very touched and moved, bro. Your presence here in BC means the world to me.
Old April 21, 2015, 06:52 PM
Cricket Savant

FP material imho.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 21, 2015, 06:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brother aklemalp, you just blew me away! Your such beautifully expressive writing gave me a genuine shot right into my heart!~ Man, I am so very much admire your genuine love for the game and your friends. aklemalp, Banglacricket is fortunate to have a member of your personality, mind and soul. Cricket in Bangladesh will grow, because, in this world she and her athletes have kind, loving and patient friends/well-wishers like you.

I am very touched and moved, bro. Your presence here in BC means the world to me.
I wrote from the heart, and hope that it can inspire all and show them that love is not restricted to a particular culture or nationality, or person. Love is universal. I just wished to add some perspective for the BC members and those 'guests' visiting
Old April 21, 2015, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

It's a joy to read your love story for the BD cricket.
Glad you were on board with us in bad days, now stay here with us and be a part of all the wins and celebrations!
Old April 21, 2015, 07:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
It's a joy to read your love story for the BD cricket.
Glad you were on board with us in bad days, now stay here with us and be a part of all the wins and celebrations!
Exactly, that's why I didn't want to focus on the Two World Cups, 2 wrongs can't make a right.

But a negative marrying (*) or divorcing(/) a negative is a positive.
Old April 21, 2015, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

a lot of bangali guys marry Guyanese or trini girls.... Haven't seen the other way yet but my friend u are on the way..... U are more Bangladeshi than Guyanese I think...

U just have to find a bangali girl now and ur life will be complete (miserable but complete).
Old April 21, 2015, 08:08 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ I don't know about that , he heh
Old April 21, 2015, 08:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Caribbean people always appreciate Bangladesh, including Ian Bishop! I love their support for us. Thanks
Old April 22, 2015, 02:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

Digressing a bit, but what is your first language and what is the language majority in Guyana speak?
Old April 22, 2015, 04:09 AM
Cricket Savant

^^English, of the Queen's kind. But it sounds like jamaican, we simply call it creolese. But all my life so far I have been speaking and conversing in English, only last semester I took an Introduction to Spanish class, was really good.
Old April 22, 2015, 07:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Wow, that was nice to read
Old April 22, 2015, 07:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Wow, that was nice to read
I hope it brings in much positive things to add to the emerging power of Bangladesh cricket
Old April 22, 2015, 11:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Hope that this team does not get complacent now. the real test should be the test series. I Really don't care about anything that associated with t20
Old April 22, 2015, 12:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Having fallen in love with the game of cricket ever since my father was cheering on West Indies in the Semi-Final of the 96 World Cup, but something special happened that day that made me aware of the realities of this great game we called cricket. The fall of Brian Lara's wicket.

I can still remember my reaction: "Oh god Lara gone". I first heartbreak in Cricket.

I then became not only a West Indian fan( my birthright), but a fan of the underdogs. I was only a toddler back then.

Then came the next World Cup and I watched an sublimed Bangladesh team created an upset against Pakistan. I wouldn't have ask for a better result. But the that Pakistan team went to the final and lost to Australia( the same fate for NZ as well last month).

I myself wasn't that of a good student,academically,in school. The subsequent years that followed introduced the new whipping boys in the international scene. I wanted to mirror myself with this underdog. Ash made that Century to become the youngest to do it renewed my belief in Bangladesh cricket...

I continued to struggled in High School while Bangladesh was struggling at the highest level.

Ash again at Cardiff inspired me to persevere.

Fast forward to 2007 World Cup in my territories, Bangladesh produced a memorable performance and the most comprehensive victory in my opinion. Tamim showed the world that Indians are just like me and you (I saw this similar approach by him in the 2nd ODI two days ago). I graduated high school that year with a record that is bitter sweet. Excelling in one subject and disappointing in the others.

The year of 2009 would be the one where I became a die-hard Bangladeshi fan.
Bangladesh toured the West Indies, played a 2nd class team, Banglawashed them, and left the West Indies with the trophies and Shakib as my new Role-Model. From that point on I was interested in everything Bangladesh. I even tried to listen to Bangladeshi music!!! "din gelo by Habib.

More fast-forwarding...

Bangladesh in WC 2015, absolutely brilliant. Showed the world that they were consistent by not being inconsistent like which was the norm in Bangladesh cricket. I'm in my 2nd year in college and working twice as hard compared to my high school years. I see Bangladesh's improvement as my improvement.

Thank you Mash, ASH, M.Rafique, Pilot, H.Bashar,K. Mahmud, M.I.Rana,Mushfiqur, Tamim, RBX, Shahapova, RIYAD, RASEL, NASIR, KAYES, the new boys on the block: TASKIN, SOUYMA, ANAMUL,MOMINUL, SHABBIR, AND can't forget the ICEMAN.

Just one advice: Please remain consisitent, enjoy the game, and always give 100%

I only wished that My territorial TEAM would play like you guys.

## Intentionally left out the 2003 & 2011 World CupS

Dear aklemalp,

After reading this post, I'm also very touched and moved.

An old saying is playing in my mind again-and-again: "A friend in need is a friend indeed." You supported us through good times and bad times.

We're very happy and honor to have you here. May God Bless you!
Old April 22, 2015, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

aklemalp nice to hear such a story, thank you being part of us.
Old April 22, 2015, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
Dear aklemalp,

After reading this post, I'm also very touched and moved.

An old saying is playing in my mind again-and-again: "A friend in need is a friend indeed." You supported us through good times and bad times.

We're very happy and honor to have you here. May God Bless you!
I really think Bangladesh should divert from the norm of being minnows and rise up as a force in south Asia.

Sri Lanka without one of my favorite cricketer (sangakarra) is going to struggle.

India is all about the money so they have to portray their cricketers as gods. And they will always say that their 2nd class team whitewashed Bangladesh. So the best way to prove doubters wrong is to perform, and I mean perform consistently
Old April 22, 2015, 12:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
aklemalp nice to hear such a story, thank you being part of us.
I think that is was about time people get to hear stories about their team from a different perspective
Old April 22, 2015, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Great post Aklemalp. Thanks for sticking with our team for so many years. Takes balls I tell you. Hopefully we will witness BD win a world cup in our lifetime.
Old April 22, 2015, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

I've had my share of humiliation especially when West indies skittled Bangladesh out for 58 on the 2011 World Cup
Old April 22, 2015, 02:41 PM
Cricket Savant

This was the series that Sparked my 'Meteoric' interest in Banglacricket.