facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2017, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default How do we beat Australia? Tactical and attitudinal adjustments.

I think first of all, the fans' complacency has to stop. It has come to the point where competitive matches are enough for us. If we have a foot in the game, but we fail to execute midway and towards the end, that is now considered acceptable.

Some things from the England game,

Tamim did well scoring a ton, but his strike rate was abysmal, do batsman get 120+ these days with a strike rate of 90? I don't know, but the poor strike rate definitely stands out. I am not the only one thinking this, you can read cricinfo's article on this as well. The way this tournament is going, you cannot have scoring slumps in your innings. It has to be a pacey innings all the way through. For that, you need to pick up many singles and twos, which brings me to my next point.

Our running between the tickets is below par. Why? I demand more fitness from our players. This in turn is tied to rest, some of you from time to time raise concerns about rest, and rightly so, because there is a thing called match day fitness. What I suspect has been happening is, that the Bd team, despite coming so far, still gives lazy guys preferential treatment if they have good enough skill and not enough fitness. Case in point: Tamim Iqbal and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. And that is the segue of my next point.

Mashrafe as a captain can bring the team together. But there is something so wrong about your captain not being one of the best players in your team. Take a look at the captains of every team, and what performances they bring to the table.Captaincy alone should not merit selection. But that then makes me think, despite being held together by tape, and just pangs of pain plastered across his face, how is it that Mashrafe has done reasonably well in recent times in his opening spells compared to our other fast bowlers? I believe the answer is a cruel one. Batsman go easy on Mashrafe early on just to encourage him to bowl in the end, where they know they have got the goods to smash him. It really is terrible, but I don't blame them. I too would want the weak link of my opposition to linger on as much as possible.

Now, let's come to some tactical talk. We were clearly one bowler short vs England, and our batting performance suggested that we did not need as many batsman. Sabbir, Shakib, Mahmadullah and Mossadek to come in 10 overs. Seriously? That is mismanagement of batsman. Other than that, I thought the team selection was good. I was very happy Taskin was booted, his recent performances did not merit selection. And I was happy to see Mushfiq come in at 4, instead of Mossadek. Mossadek and Sabbir are both natural finishers, Mossadek takes a bit more time to settle, but you saw his T20 exploits and how he can deliver when he gets his eye in. Guys like Mushfiq and Mahmadullah should step up the order being more experienced. Mushfiq did, but Mahmadullah did not. Mahmadullah should come in right after Mushfiq at 5,or 4 if Mushfiq goes to 3. We have to get one batsman out, and get our best spinner from the bench in. And Mash needs to retire after this tourney, but that is for another thread.

My line up vs the aussies

Tamim
Soumya
Moosfikoor
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Miraz
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafiz

Old June 2, 2017, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque

Tamim
Soumya
Moosfikoor
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Miraz
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafiz
Is this some kind of joke?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 2, 2017, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

^No. That is my team vs Aus. And I actually have not given up hope. We are in a tournament now, and my focus is on next game. In the near future, of course we will need a far better wk with more pro mentality.
Old June 2, 2017, 12:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Good thread though. Btw, I honestly feel we were on the right on slowing down our start. And if the same situation occurs, we should repeat it. It is just that our late order needs to fire. Chasing 350+ would be a different ball game. But not impossible though.. and again same mentality should persist.

Old June 2, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:

Tamim
Soumya
Moosfikoor
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Miraz
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafiz

All the players name are correct except one which is ofcourse intentional.. I think we have all moved too far and you still left far behind analysing his past mistakes, It is Ok if you name some of the players name differently but picking out one who played a very good role in scoring over 300 against England is a sad part to see. I see this as an offensive way of expression from perspective of a bangladeshi supporter and a fan of all the bangladeshi players...
Old June 2, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Good thread though. Btw, I honestly feel we were on the right on slowing down our start. And if the same situation occurs, we should repeat it. It is just that our late order needs to fire. Chasing 350+ would be a different ball game. But not impossible though.. and again same mentality should persist.
No, I agree. Slow start was necessary. Openers have to hang in. Or else we will collapse.

But when you say our late order, when your opener hangs around long enough, he becomes part of the late order. And so he himself has to fire, or start firing earlier. If he gets out, then the next guy can play enough deliveries to make a platform from where he can start firing.

128 out of 142 is not good enough in the modern game.
Old June 2, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
All the players name are correct except one which is ofcourse intentional.. I think we have all moved too far and you still left far behind analysing his past mistakes, It is Ok if you name some of the players name differently but picking out one who played a very good role in scoring over 300 against England is a sad part to see. I see this as an offensive way of expression from perspective of a bangladeshi supporter and a fan for all the bangladeshi players...
That is what you picked out from this thread. Unreal. Anyway, good to know. Please don't be offended by such little things.
Old June 2, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
No, I agree. Slow start was necessary. Openers have to hang in. Or else we will collapse.

But when you say our late order, when your opener hangs around long enough, he becomes part of the late order. And so he himself has to fire, or start firing earlier. If he gets out, then the next guy can play enough deliveries to make a platform from where he can start firing.

128 out of 142 is not good enough in the modern game.
Yeah. And I like how some of the members were saying how tired Tamim must have been in match thread.

It is international cricket, FFS. What do you expect? Not even Badwater135.

Old June 2, 2017, 12:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

By feeding them shutki + bad curry the night before the match...le diarrhea le...
Old June 2, 2017, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Not sure Mushfiqur should bat at number 3 as he seems to have a problem with in swing deliveries. I think Mosaddek should be our number 3. Should groom him up for WC 2019, can be an asset. He has proper technique unlike Sabbir.

Also, choose to bowl first if we win the toss next game as the team chasing seems to have the advantage on these flat pitches. Then again, given our propensity to choke, could go either way.
Old June 2, 2017, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
That is what you picked out from this thread. Unreal. Anyway, good to know. Please don't be offended by such little things.
I actually looked at post #2 where the great Z quote your team with bold for only one player. That actually stuck in my eyes..
Anyways I agree with your team combination every players should know their roles in the team better..
Old June 2, 2017, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

We started slowly because we were low on confidence from India game

But this game shouldn't have that problems

I really want to drop mahmadullah, but mossadek is one who'll make way for me, he's not ready for this format and he wont add anything to the team, I like him and I think he'll be here for a long time

Tamim
Sarkar - poor shot, looked good
Imrul - poor shot, looked good, he can thick edge the ball like no other
Mushfiq
Shakib ~
Ullah ~
Sabbir ~
Mehedi
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafizur

~ position depends on overs

We can beat Australia and New Zealand, if we take our chances and luck goes our way, vs England 50/50 moments went against us and we were poor in patches of the game and 4 bowlers was criminal on batting pitch

5 bowlers is a must, I'll have out of form taskin If it means 5 bowlers

But I'll go with Mehedi, Shakib needs to regain form, team is still built around him performing both with bat and ball and introduction of Mehedi will hopefully reduce pressure off of him slightly, he needs a easy position to bat to, with no scoreboard pressure or pressure to go big straight away or not right after a collapse, and I think other players are better suited in those situation even vs in form Shakib

He needs to be protected slightly for now, because no matter how well we play without inform Shakib we won't go deep
Old June 2, 2017, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Not sure Mushfiqur should bat at number 3 as he seems to have a problem with in swing deliveries. I think Mosaddek should be our number 3. Should groom him up for WC 2019, can be an asset. He has proper technique unlike Sabbir.

Also, choose to bowl first if we win the toss next game as the team chasing seems to have the advantage on these flat pitches. Then again, given our propensity to choke, could go either way.
Mossadek can't handle swing or bounce after 30 overs, what makes you think he should be able to at 3

Grooming is done between tournaments, not in one

Old June 2, 2017, 12:49 PM
Cricket Guru

None of our batsmen can handle swing, except maybe Tamim
Old June 2, 2017, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Either this

Tamim
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Miraz
Mortaza
Rubel
Mustafiz

Or

Tamim
Sarkar
Kayes
Riyad
Mushfiq
Shakib
Sabbir
Miraz
Mortaza
Rubel
Mustafiz
Old June 2, 2017, 01:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

Bowlers win matches. We do not have bowlers who can get us wickets on flat wickets. End of story
Mustafiz hasn't yet recovered the extra nip that made his across the stumps and yorker deliveries so effective. Batsmen are mostly seeing him out. Mashrafee is going by on will power and gets tonked whenever a batsman feels like it. Shakib doesn't rip the ball any more and just floats it in. Rubel - still can't build pressure to get wickets. Miraz needs wicket to grip to be successful.

Bottom line we don't have wrist spinners, express pace bowlers or genuine swing bowlers. On flat wickets these are the kinds who will get batsmen out. So our goal for this Champions Trophy should be to try and score 300+ on each match and hope for the best. I don't see us winning any games.
Old June 2, 2017, 01:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

You saw how full-strength New Zealand was about to embarrass the mighty Aussies before rain saved them. We are not winning any games this CT.
Old June 2, 2017, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

As I said earlier people are happy with scoring 300 so cricket will never improve in our country.
Old June 2, 2017, 02:12 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Get their top 3 batsman out within first 10 overs...
Old June 2, 2017, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Tactical:

- Get Warner and Smith out as early as possible.
- Aussie bowlers are way smarter than English bowlers. So, batsmen need to be extra careful. Most of our players have problems with in-swings.
- Get Miraz in.
Old June 2, 2017, 02:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Tamim
Soumya
Moosfikoor
Mahmadullah
Shakib
Mossadek
Sabbir
Miraz
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafiz
I like your team.

But is Musshfiq will to bat @ #3? It would have been his (#3 slot) long time ago, only if he is willing to take it for the team.

Personally I would rather see Mossadek and even Sabbir batting ahead of Riyad and Sakib.
Old June 2, 2017, 02:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Mosaddek needs to be dropped for now. He really hasn't contributed much recently and I'd much rather pick Mehedi for fifth bowler.

Old June 2, 2017, 02:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

If Anamul played the innings Tamim played, all hell would break loose
Old June 2, 2017, 02:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Old June 2, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Thanks you mentioned. Tamim's innings was good, but far from perfect, specially when its a batting friendly pitch and opponent can easy score 330+ in this pitch. Too many dot balls, very very few singles, too slow RR in first power play, and finally not taking care of his RR after staying for so long i,e. not accelerating his RR for the later part of his innings.