facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2004, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default what i have noticed about us (BD fans)

i've noticed that if bangladesh loses a match, by whatever margin to a non-test team or by a large margin to a test team, we the fans become overly despondent. similarly when we win a match, everyone starts predicting BD beating teams like India, Pak, S Africa, Windies, etc. this kind of feeling is natural yet unhealthy. this advice to all fans is going to be beneficial: don't read too much into individual BD results. instead, look at the bigger picture. where is BD going.

i was devestaded after the asia cup, but it didn't last long. i realized that since the whatmore era, it was only the second failure out of 6 tours/tournaments. that means that 4 were successes. treat the Asia cup as an anomaly not the rule.

its okay to feel good about the wins against hong kong and ireland, but lets not get carried away thinking that we can automatically win against the big boys. I am confindent that on our best day we can beat anyone, but just because we beat IL without playing our best doesnt mean that WI or SA will be 50-50 matches.

we the fans must think realistically and then we will see that BD has made vast improvements, and that we are capable of beating everyone. but don't expect wins all the time from this team.

Old August 30, 2004, 03:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

lah dih dah dim dooh dih dah...

on our best day we can beat anyone, provided 'that anyone' is enjoying a bad day that day too... tuttututtutuuu
Old August 30, 2004, 08:08 PM
Club Cricketer

BD have made vast improvements in test matches. In ODIs, the improvements are not noticeable enough to be termed vast. To my mind, the improvements have been negligibly small and not big enough to earn us victories against big teams on a regular basis.
Old August 30, 2004, 08:47 PM

Most of the fans are looking for a good fight against big boys, not necessarily regular win against them.
I think fans deserve that wish, since our team is working hard on it for a long time.
I still wish a win in champion trophy, if it's not then at least a good fight.
Surely not a miserable disaster, which we often have to observe.
In my opinion, a consistent good fight against big boys, is a vast improvement,
which may bring couple of win automatically.
Old August 31, 2004, 12:48 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Lets go 1 step at a time. We've beaten Ireland in Ireland for the first time ever, now its upto us to beat Scotland in Scotland in a series of 2 matches.

yes we have beaten Scotland before, but it was with the help of our senior players. Now its upto the junior players to prove to us and also to themselves that what the seniors can do (Minhazul, in particular), juniors (Javed, Rajin, Ashraful, Nafis) can do the same, if not better.

And then our next job will be to beat USA and a county team.

And then may be we can think of winning or losing to South Africa and West Indies.
Old August 31, 2004, 12:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

man, baro hath kakorer.........

6 practice match for a two match tournament!
Old September 1, 2004, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

We need as much practice as we can get before the test series against New Zealand, I dont think they will worry too much about getting knocked out of the Champions Trophy. They should have some more matches after the tournament as well to get a bit more experience. Ask some of the knocked out teams of the Champions trophy to play a couple of games in the country areas of England.