facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2005, 08:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Money Talks...Why Tapash/Nazmul didn\'t bowl 10 ovs.

"Not only that Bangladesh players were also in a hurry when it was their turn to bowl after the visiting captain Tatenda Taibu won a good toss and rightly chose to bat. Amazingly, the Tigers finished their quota of 50 overs with 23 minutes still left on the clock. It was certainly a big improvement after their slow over-rate at the same venue during the famous win over India last month.

Bashar's match fee was deducted because of that, but the speed with which Bashar finished his bowling in the Zimbabwe innings, certainly will not earn him any prizes. " -- Daily Star

source

Edited on, January 23, 2005, 2:23 AM GMT, by Fazal.

Old January 22, 2005, 08:18 PM
Street Cricketer

I was really surprised that he brought Razzak instead of Tapash and Nazmul

Bad decission
Old January 22, 2005, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

bashar surely made some horrible bowling changes on the 47th and 49th over.
Old January 22, 2005, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
bashar surely made some horrible bowling changes on the 47th and 49th over.
Also he took time to change the bowler when Razzak and Tapash given too many runs.
Bashar did a poor captaincy in last match but money has nothing to do with it I guess.
Old January 22, 2005, 10:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Its plain and simple an effect of chain reaction (may be over reaction in Bashar's part)...

Slow over rate against India--> Result: Penalty --> Result: Match fee deduction for Bashar --> Game against ZIM: Tried to avoid one more Penalty --> Result: Ended up bowling the spinners more --> Result: Finished 50 over 23 Minutes ahead of scheduled time.

Penalty <==> Match fee deduction for Bashar. As ‘Penalty’ is enforced in the form of Match Fee deduction.

Slow Run Rate was definitely was in Bashar's mind (consciously or unconsciously), I have no doubt about that.
Old January 22, 2005, 10:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

taka khaisey
Old January 23, 2005, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Ganguly is an ideal captain, for example. Hopefully Bashar will learn from all those mistakes, fix it and move on. Bashar has all the heart and soul, I believe in him, just need to be more careful about bowling rotation at the right time with the right bowler.
Old January 23, 2005, 05:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Sack Bashar!This guy will never learn.Its not about the rotation of his bowlers!How many times he has given away his wicket by pulling and hooking??He puts the whole team in lots of pressure!I cant just understand why he saved Tapash at the end of Zim Innings at Dhaka.Poor captaincy.Bring back Khaled Mashud as a captain so Bashar can concentrate on his batting.
Old January 23, 2005, 06:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Scandicricketer
Sack Bashar!This guy will never learn.
Seriously, I'm going to metaphorically shoot the next person who says anything about sacking Bashar.
Old January 23, 2005, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

what a bunk-hole conclusion to make.

For your information. Even if bashar did play differant bowlers to increase the over-rate I wouldn't mind, because he will not only loose his share of match money, but will also get suspended from playing any international cricket, ranging from few matches to few months. Even if there was any decision made to increase the over-rate it most certainly was the decision of the team-management and not of bashar's alone.

Even on the test-match our over-rate was much much better.

Blah
Old January 23, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
what a bunk-hole conclusion to make.
Blah
Please read my message carefully before making your own 'bunk-hole' conclusion.

Did I ever mentioned that the decision was made by Bashar alone and not team-management? NO. team-management warned/suggested to Bashar and Bashar tried to execute his plan to compensate the slow run rate issue.

Did I said, Bashar deserves a sack? NO (But may be some one else did)

Do I think that 'slow run rate penalty played' a role in Bashar's decision making process? YES. consciously or unconsciously. While analyzing this issue, I see most people (including myself) will have an effect on this kind of penalty when money is involved.

I have seen it before and seeing it now, There is a tendency of killing the messenger if you don't like the message. And that’s really don't bring any positive discussion environment in the message board.

Edited on, January 23, 2005, 2:55 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old January 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

what about the 50th over????

on alighter note, i am thinking about the thread that predicted chacha's bowling figure..

swapna ki and koto prakar..
Old January 23, 2005, 04:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
Quote:
Originally posted by Scandicricketer
Sack Bashar!This guy will never learn.
Seriously, I'm going to metaphorically shoot the next person who says anything about sacking Bashar.
Old January 24, 2005, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Fazal read the topic of your post. You clearly suggested money was the only reason for his decision, but later contradict yourself by suggesting that it might have been a team decision.
While you dont consider the fact that bashar risks getting banned for several match for slow run-rate. The matter of fact is we didn't loose the game because of that.

However, my 'bunk-hole' comment was meant for the guy who suggested bashar should be sacked.

Bahsar is not only the most successfull batsmen in the team but also the most successfull captain. If we accelerate our over speed by playing less obvious bowlers at the cost of ensuring bashars chances of playing the next game, so be it.

Blah
Old January 24, 2005, 05:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Only our wise captain know why he did like this.
Old January 24, 2005, 05:53 AM

Why Bashar had to take the risk of run out today? while everything was ok with BD!!
It so shame Taibu is better than him in every aspect. Shame Bashar Shame!!!
Old January 24, 2005, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Any other team could win after that run-out. Only we couldn't.

Ash made a 41 ball 13, when team needed 5.5 runs per over. Is it his fault, too? He had nothing to do with Alok or Manja Rana's failure.

Edited on, January 24, 2005, 11:25 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old January 24, 2005, 07:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ash is total irresponsible & selfish cricketer.
Old January 24, 2005, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
Fazal read the topic of your post. You clearly suggested money was the only reason for his decision, but later contradict yourself by suggesting that it might have been a team decision.
While you dont consider the fact that bashar risks getting banned for several match for slow run-rate. The matter of fact is we didn't loose the game because of that.

However, my 'bunk-hole' comment was meant for the guy who suggested bashar should be sacked.

Bahsar is not only the most successfull batsmen in the team but also the most successfull captain. If we accelerate our over speed by playing less obvious bowlers at the cost of ensuring bashars chances of playing the next game, so be it.

Blah
Fair enough explaination.

But please read my message again. Where did I mention that money was the ONLY reason for his decision? I think money played a major part (as it will do most of the people) not necessarily the 'ONLY' reason.

As you pointed out that it may be the team's decision, I agreed with you that team may discussed that issue, but I think Bashar over compensated what the team asked him to do thereby finishing 50 over 23 mins ahead of time. Therefore I don't see contradicting myself, rather acknowledging the fact that not only Basher, but the team have some role. But the fact remains, Bashar was responsible to execute the plan and he failed to do so effectively.

Regarding 'bunk-hole’ comment, I think you agree with me that regardless who whom it was intended for (me or some one else in the board), these kind of name calling are uncalled and un-welcome and does not follow the message board rules. People have their own logic and their own opinion about different issues. We can either agree with them or disagree with them. We can add our own point of view supporting it or disapproving it. When we disagree, agree to disagree respectfully. There is no need to try to demean another member with the qualifier like 'dump idea', bunk-hole comment’, 'stupid idea' or etc. etc. Because it doesn't bring any thing good to the table rather exposing our own shortcoming about how to cope with people who have different point of view than ours.

Its not only you Blah, actually I have seen this kind of trend among some of us also in other threads also.

Thanks.