facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein
Default habibul bashar

want to buy one day hundred after over 100 matches?

Old April 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I can see how the myth of SN not playing well as an opener made one of our most promising batsman to go to rest while our somewhat low parr mediocre batsman captain HB has been still in the team playing half hearted shots, running with half-hearted bat. The team selection should not have taken out SN before they make HB to seat. Some of you might argue that we do not have a capable captain of HB's age and maturity. But look at the limer part - today JO opened the batting who can easily take the charge of leading the team for rest of the matches. He has enough experience to lead the team in the field at least for this critical time being. Besides HB's captaincy is not bringing any fruit.
I was watching Srilanka vs WI the other day. Anybody who saw that match has realized how Jayasurya can dominate the field. That was a masterpiece innings from Jayasurya. He settled down, waited for the bad ball, used the powerplay, kept the momentum, no rush of blood, kept his goal of reaching 100 and also led his younger captain simultaneously. At times it seemed he is ruling the whole affair.
Bangladesh needs similar attitude in a batsman. The point is HB is not a batsman of that calibre for ODI neither is a leader who can turn his asset of talents (the players) into applications. If his captaincy does not effect anything for a win as in India match (I think that was the worst of all the shots played in the whole world cup of which he got out) putting him in sideline will not harm the team rather may bring some pluses.
Old April 2, 2007, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well the bottom line is if the COACH can not help make the team realize when to play conservative, when to play aggressive by now, then it really does not matter.

The statistics that Dav Whatmore is given us the success is a myth. Anyone can make the improvement relative to the dismall showing after 2003 WC. I just don't think Dav Whatmore and Bashar quite has it to lead.

We need a different breed of coach and captain.
Old April 2, 2007, 10:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
He is too broke to buy one. Didn't you see how his running between wicket? I think he is trying to be Inzamamul Haq of Bangladeshi version. (not by scoring run, but being runout)
Old April 2, 2007, 11:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutul
He is too broke to buy one. Didn't you see how his running between wicket? I think he is trying to be Inzamamul Haq of Bangladeshi version. (not by scoring run, but being runout)
he's worse than inzy, pound for pound...inzy has all the girth to drage along 22 yards, what excuse does bashar have? "i was tired of smiling all the way down the pitch after i hit that ball, and couldn't muster the energy of diving into the crease"??

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 3, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he's worse than inzy, pound for pound...inzy has all the girth to drage along 22 yards, what excuse does bashar have? "i was tired of smiling all the way down the pitch after i hit that ball, and couldn't muster the energy of diving into the crease"??
hahahaha!!
Old April 3, 2007, 03:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

he should be dropped from one day permanently. the best is he should retire from oneday and focus on test cricket. i believe he can play test matches atleast next 2/3 yrs. he is the best test batsmen in bangladesh, no doubt. captaincy is a problem, mashrafi is a good candidate. I dont know it will affect his career or not. may be we should stick with shariar nafees. wish bashar drop himself next match against SAF
Old April 3, 2007, 03:27 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
He is still not in the Steve Waugh or Ranatunga class. They took only 187 and 153 matches respectively to score a 100
Old April 3, 2007, 04:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

This guy is really getting on my nerve, i really believe that he is holding the whole team back from what it can achieve with hos defeatist attitude. OK so we were all out for 174 yesterday, but even after they posted that i still thought that at least it gives them something to bowl at (could have been 140ao). but in they field watching his body language said it all, anyone going into a team that has a captain who resignes after 5 overs would find it hard to be motivated and inspired, bashar even had a chance to catch out Stephen Fleming but he didnt even attempt to catch it coz it was about 2 feet away from him, had it been aftab or sakib they would have thrown themselvs at it. I think someone like Rafique or Mashrafe would be much better leaders, they are people who would make things happen rather than accept whats happening.
Old April 3, 2007, 06:44 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Shadman

undoubtly axing SN was a very good decission. He is not capable to play against big teams. but Habibul basar shouldn't be axed at the middle of a series. It would have a bad impact on players. Javed Omar is an experienced cricketer but I don't think he would be better than HB as a captain. but after world cup for one day our captain should be changed. I prefer Masrafee for this.
Old April 3, 2007, 08:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

how do i upload pictures over here?
Old April 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

habibul bashar should be kicked out from the team.but i think we cant make mashrafe our captain,he is not as mature to be a cpatain of a team or doesn't hold the authority in the team that a captain should.i think we should play sn in the next four matches,at first one game at the top.if he fails,then at no.4.i m sure he will click,brother,if he cant score against big teams,how come he scored the best test century by a bangladeshi against non other than the aussies.i think,habib should be kicked out ans sn should be made captain.
Junior