facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
Street Cricketer

Yes Kiwis and SA do struggle but if you see they find ways to be competitve against Ind/Pak/Sl and even sometimes beat them.

we might win a game in a 5 match series but we are not yet prepared to win series against top teams.

Old June 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRoar
Yes Kiwis and SA do struggle but if you see they find ways to be competitve against Ind/Pak/Sl and even sometimes beat them.

we might win a game in a 5 match series but we are not yet prepared to win series against top teams.
I think some diabolical captaincy was the only thing that saved India in the first ODI. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say we could nick 2 wins in a three match series against a team less adept in our conditions than an admittedly understrength Indian side.

You are, however, correct in pointing out that to date we have proved very near nothing and ought to mute our optimism a little.

Last edited by Aritro; June 3, 2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old June 3, 2007, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Quote:
Protic...there is no point in responding to senseless arguments such as this. if you really blv. we are equal with india in ODI, then good for you. just be prepared for some shocks.
Dude.. dont you get it? Im not saying we are equal with India in ODI.. but if we play 3-4 matches with them in a row..we can pull out a VICTORY ..and thats not day dreaming..thats a fact..and i just Posted the results of some of our previous matches to you.. so unless India beats us in 10 straight matches..do not put that shyt..that we are no good to India.
BTW .. LMAO @ senseless arugements.. lol :p u meant "nonsense" arguements..right?
Old June 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
Street Cricketer

To do take Bangladesh to the top 5..Mr Ashraful would have to take himself among the top 5 batsmen in the world first.....ready for that Mr Ashraful?
Old June 3, 2007, 10:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Boys,

Please don't get your hopes up for the rankings. Even if Bangladesh wins every game for the next year, their ranking may only go up by one.

From what I understand, this is how it works. All the results from the past three years are counted in the points system, and certain number of points is given for a win, series win, etc.

What happens is when say Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka in a few weeks, the losses that Bangladesh had against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka a few years ago will be erased and replaced by the current series, and then the points recalculated.

So say Bangladesh is on 10 points (for arguments sake) and they got no points from their away series in Sri Lanka last time. If they win this time, that 0 from the last series, is replaced by say 2 points. Bangladesh goes up to 12, and Sri Lanka loses 2 points, because they did worse than last time, whereas we did better.

My point is, is that is it going to take a while for Bangladesh to replace all the those bad results from a few years ago, especially for tests. Since it is a three year cycle, it may take that long for Bangladesh to go up. This is why Im not worried about rankings right now, just want to see them be consistent. Maybe later the rankings will be significant.
Old June 3, 2007, 11:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

don't be surprised if he pulls it off. i would be if he doesn't.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Protic- nice positive approach from you. I agree that on our day we can beat any team in the world! How can we hope to beat other teams if we don't believe in ourselves!!! Bravo that from you!!!
I am happy that Ash is talking big. As somebody has mentioned here- if he can find consistency he alone can drag us to top 5. And then there is Mash...We are only starting to discover the true potentials of Mash don't know how far this dude will go.
Having said all that, if we are ready to throw our lot here with Ashraful- our skipper, I would ask the fans to stop criticising him whenever he makes a mistake or whenever he can't perform well. If you believe in him, give him your trust and see if he can replay it!
Old June 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

to be in top 5.. we need at least 3-4 yrs by winning consistently..

or in 1-2 yr we can atleast enter to the elite 8..

i like the confidence that ashraful having.. hes gonna take us to the top level one day... inshallah...
Old June 4, 2007, 12:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

boys boys boys. now listen closely: BD is a good team, but we are still well below India and other teams. So no arguments, understand? To be "better" than a team, consistency is required - consistent winning, that is.
Old June 4, 2007, 05:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
Protic- nice positive approach from you. I agree that on our day we can beat any team in the world! How can we hope to beat other teams if we don't believe in ourselves!!! Bravo that from you!!!
I am happy that Ash is talking big. As somebody has mentioned here- if he can find consistency he alone can drag us to top 5. And then there is Mash...We are only starting to discover the true potentials of Mash don't know how far this dude will go.
Having said all that, if we are ready to throw our lot here with Ashraful- our skipper, I would ask the fans to stop criticising him whenever he makes a mistake or whenever he can't perform well. If you believe in him, give him your trust and see if he can replay it!
I know man..thanks
If we can beat a full powered Australia.. and world #1 South Africa..and then New Zealand..(warm up).. we can beat India , Pakistan any day..maybe they are gonna be consistent beating us ..but we arent gonna be dominated like before.
Old June 4, 2007, 06:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

he is not talking about overnight success. but he is optimistic, positive
Old June 4, 2007, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I have no feeling on what he is telling now. I will wait till his words translate to some good works.

Habibul Bashar was not a bad talker either. After losing each match, almost always, he could correctly be able to focus on the mistakes. But that was all. He used to do the same mistakes in the next match as well. All of us know how he batted in the world cup against Australia, after saying he wants to score 180 in 22 overs.

So, it's quite early to rely so much on Ashraful. Personally, I dont think, he, as a captain, is world class yet and I fear he will not do any better than HaBa. I just hope and wish that he proves my thinking wrong.
Old June 4, 2007, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah
he is a very confident young bwoi, lol. to get get respect in test matches i fink we r going to have to beat zimbabwes 28 points on the ranking first, and since there is no date for them returning, that number wont decrease.
I started redaing your comment eagerly; but I had to stop just reaching the word 'fink'. Sorry!
Old June 4, 2007, 08:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

Quote:
Protic you are more likely to be pak or indian fan based on your foolish comment.

even most bangla fans here would not say we can beat india/pak/ on consistent basis. what just happened against ind? we got soundly beaten.

looks like you just started watching cricket in WC 2007.
i started watching cricket

i started watching cricket from sharjah cup (india vs pak match ) 1989, when imran khan, javed miandad and wasim akram were in there top. i also think we can beat pakistan and india in reguler basis from next year. (in ODI )
Old June 4, 2007, 08:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannu
i also think we can beat pakistan and india in reguler basis from next year. (in ODI )
I also have the same feeling. Hopefully, our feeling would turn out as reality.
BTW, nice avatar- Riksha he he he....very romantic
Old June 4, 2007, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
I also have the same feeling. Hopefully, our feeling would turn out as reality.
BTW, nice avatar- Riksha he he he....very romantic
yeah best avater i ever saw.
Old June 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannu
i started watching cricket

i started watching cricket from sharjah cup (india vs pak match ) 1989, when imran khan, javed miandad and wasim akram were in there top. i also think we can beat pakistan and india in reguler basis from next year. (in ODI )

I know man.. Indians still think they have the '83 team..and Pakis think they have the IMran Khan era.. which is not the fact..and Bangladesh might get 3-0 to Australia in a row but not to them ..and i can actually talk loud on that.
Old June 5, 2007, 06:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Protic you are more likely to be pak or indian fan based on your foolish comment.

even most bangla fans here would not say we can beat india/pak/ on consistent basis. what just happened against ind? we got soundly beaten.

looks like you just started watching cricket in WC 2007.
Mate, i think you ARE an indian/pakistani...

That was your give-away wording.

We dont refer ourselves as "bangla" fans...
its either bd fans or "bangladeshi" fans..
"bangla" fans is a term more used by our neighbours..

anyways..who cares where you from ....

as for Ash's comments goes.. nice to see him talking big.
now its time to walk big as well.

Dont worry guys, the first acid test is only a few days away.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 5, 2007, 07:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
Dont worry guys, the first acid test is only a few days away.
Yeah- frankly speaking I am quite excited about it! Never had this optimistic feeling in the Bashar era, or the period before that....no need to mention.
Old June 5, 2007, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Ash should play his natural game. He seemed to be confused while playing for Asian XI and eventually threw away his wicket.
Old June 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

i'm not worried about ash AT ALL based on this USD 10000, yet bogus media event.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

well he wasnt the captain of the team. hahaha.
Old June 5, 2007, 01:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Amader ashar ful, ashraful!! All the best!
Old June 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Habibul Bashar on Ashraful::

Quote:
"We played together for the last seven years. Ash (Ashraful) is a very good thinker. He is not only a natural talent but also thinks about the game. He follows the game minutely, which is not so common in his generation. Definitely I will give my best support to him but I hope everybody will have patience on him. He should be given enough time to establish himself as a skipper," hoped Bashar.

Nice Comment..

Ash needs time to settle down as skipper.. we fans should not ask for his head after some failures....
Old June 6, 2007, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Ash always talks big,lets hope he can perform this time.