facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

??

Who advised whom is also a question

Ash to JS ? or JS to Ash?

Old April 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He does well when in risk of losing his position in the team. I don't know if that's what Siddons hinted at (I doubt he did), but you will see him scoring a 200 if that's the case.
Old April 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohelNR
Don't worry sis, Ash actually performs better under REAL pressure.

Remember how he responded to his "sacking" by scoring a magnificient double 100 in the NCL ? ...
What do you mean by pressure here? Say while batting BD is 15-4 and Ash comes out and pull BD out of pressure. Or, Scored 1, 2,11, 0,0,3,4,12 and then when on the verge of getting exluded from the team scored 77 in 40 balls.

You meant the latter one. Many BD players did that when they face the situation of getting excluded from the team. It is not performing under pressure. It is Jhore bok mara. Performing under pressure means when your team is in trouble. Inzi is the greatest example.

Quote:
This is a great thing and I can sense Eid Al-Ashraf just around the corner Inshallah
Most miserable illusion that has fooled us for years. Its time not be fooled anymore.

Also it is just wrong to say that because of Ash we got all those wins. All of our wins are the outcome of team work. Period.
Old April 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

REAL pressure is the pressure of LOSING YOUR JOB.

Once you have one you'll know. In the meantime, let me be the gulllible and stupid "Munafik" I am, and NOT give up on my Ash while you continue to bask in your righteous wisdom, OK BUDDY ?!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM..
Old April 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

I think the reporters mis-understood what Siddon said. After practice , smelled some foul odor .... Siddon asked Aftab and Sakib to use some deodorent and they did. Next day he still smelled some foul odor and this time he tried to find the source and eventually sotped by Ash's locker asked Ash to use some perfume....and thats where the news started eventually to took its own turn.....
Old April 15, 2008, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
He does well when in risk of losing his position in the team. I don't know if that's what Siddons hinted at (I doubt he did), but you will see him scoring a 200 if that's the case.
exactly...if siddons and selectors just hint at ash getting dropped, pakistaner manush saeed anwar er 194 bhule jaibo ge...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Most miserable illusion that has fooled us for years.
Right so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Also it is just wrong to say that because of Ash we got all those wins. All of our wins are the outcome of team work. Period.
Wrong. If not all, but a large majority, specially against the established team. We must give him the credit he deserves, at the same time can't excuse him forever for being horribly inconsistent.
Old April 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
You are right I hope.

If not that, what else is left to tell Ash, every other thing must have been exausted by now, in his prolonged 'drought of run' season.

Anything else wouldn't be worth mentioning either.
Old April 15, 2008, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Default Siddons urges Ashraful to perform

Quote:
Pakistan v Bangladesh, 4th ODI, Multan

Siddons urges Ashraful to perform

Osman Samiuddin

April 15, 2008

Jamie Siddons on Mohammad Ashraful: "As captain of the team, he needs to perform and score" © AFP

Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, has called on his captain and most experienced batsman, Mohammad Ashraful, to start performing ahead of their fourth ODI against Pakistan in Multan.

Ashraful has had a poor series so far, scoring only 47 runs in three innings, as Bangladesh have relied heavily on contributions from Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah Riad and Shakib Al Hasan. "I am concerned about his performances," Siddons said. "As captain of the team, he needs to perform and score."

It can't yet be said how captaincy has affected Ashraful's batting. He averages two runs more than his career figure of 22.26 in 15 matches as captain, though he has only scored two fifties in that period. But when Bangladesh have done well, he has usually been at the centre.

He looked to be getting some form back in the third ODI in Lahore, but he was run out when set, for 22. "Ashraful is the most experienced batsman in our side," Siddons said. "Whenever he performs the team wins. I have spoken to him about it. The way he has been training I think a big score is round the corner."

Siddons will hope his words have the same effect on Ashraful that they did on Shakib. After the second ODI in Faisalabad, Siddons highlighted the need for his top six - particularly Shakib - to start scoring runs. Shakib responded with 75 in the third ODI, taking Bangladesh closer than many thought to Pakistan.

"I put the heat on Shakib and Aftab [Ahmed] after Faisalabad and they responded well to it," Siddons said. "I am now putting the heat on Ashraful in the same way. I am confident he will come good in the last two matches."

Bangladesh's batting has improved as the series has progressed and their total in Lahore was comfortably their highest against established opposition, as well as their highest second innings score in an ODI. If Ashraful joins Tamim, Shakib and Aftab in scoring runs against an experimental Pakistan attack, we may well have a match on our hands.

Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

© Cricinfo
I think that it is good that Jamie Siddons is putting pressure on Ash to score. Most athletes usually respond better when the coach calls him out then when the media complains.
Old April 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

oh I'm really sorry. I just realized someone already started another thread on this. Can a mod please delete this thread?
Old April 15, 2008, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Ash is a pressure player, I remember the Day he scored the 100 vs Australia the day before he scored a duck didn't score runs in the Test Series. People here in the forum wanted Rana(RIP) to play for him. Sham was defending him like crazy and stated Class is permanent form is temporary, at the time he was our only class player now we have a few more Tamim and Aftab with the Bat. Still we don't have enough and just a little patience never hurt anybody, He'll show his class again and a little more consistently this time around trust me Lanka has never figured him out and now he's pretty comfortable against Pakistan and India will get the Hammer. He's been looking really good last few ODI's, iffy LBW and a Run Out only a matter of time before he breaks out of it.

These next 3 matches and the next few Tri Series the results will come in Wins and Runs just watch.
Old April 15, 2008, 02:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Most Runs by a batsman since Siddons came in last November 2007.

Tamim Iqbal1212051212942.6669373.88141606
Mohammad Ashraful121212867026.0037177.08021341
Shahriar Nafees99127490*34.2537772.67031340
Aftab Ahmed9902106123.3328473.94021203
Shakib Al Hasan121101897517.1829564.06021150
Mahmudullah65313658*68.0016582.42010110
Mashrafe Mortaza11911272615.8716576.96000123
Raqibul Hasan7601066317.6623145.8801060

He's the 2nd Highest run scorer for Bangladesh in last 6/7 months since Siddons came in. 3rd Highest averages in terms of runs over 200.

He's doing lot better than before.
Old April 15, 2008, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Did Siddons tell Ash that his position in the team is in danger? If the answer is "YES", then we have a chance to see big score from his bat.

Last edited by WarWolf; April 15, 2008 at 03:20 PM..
Old April 15, 2008, 03:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

The way Ash Was Laughing in 3rd ODI while BD Team was batting seems like he scored a century. I was shocked.
Old April 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
The way Ash Was Laughing in 3rd ODI while BD Team was batting seems like he scored a century. I was shocked.
"""dhukkhe jara hashte jaane tader dukkho nai"""

bangali hoiya ei kotha ta bhuila gechen... shame sshame!
Old April 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
Ash needs to be replaced as soon as possible. If he is dropped from captaincy and the team, the realization will quickly dawn on himself that he is not indispensable. He will start performing only if he is brought down to the earth by kicking him off the team. I have never seen such an overhyped player . If we see the examples of Shehbag or Sourav, it becomes clear that being dropped from the team can do wonders to players playing ability.
Old April 15, 2008, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

so are we.... (urging matin)
Old April 15, 2008, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Ashraful will score a 100 tomorrow! Inshallah.. If not..we are gonna win anyway.. :p
Old April 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I am glad that Siddons is putting some pressure on Ashraful... with some pressure most of these guys don't put in there 100% ... especially Ashraful
Old April 15, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mU-YSk32I
That is first thing came to me when I heard those words, "The heat is on" by Glenn Frey. How many times have you seen Axel Folley (Eddie Murphy) in action? I mean how many times have you watched that movie? 10 at least? Cool song and appropriate for Ashraful and co.

Soon the pakistani team feel the same against us inshallah.
The song was on the radio in the morning. The caller who recognized the eagle who sang it won tickets to their show.
Old April 15, 2008, 04:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

ei kotha bolar jonno na abar siddons ke ghusi mere bosh-e!
Old April 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

eh he is gonna get run out the next match at 26
Old April 15, 2008, 06:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Give Shakib the captaincy then tell ash perform or get out
Old April 15, 2008, 06:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ash actually doesn't look off-form, or too short of confidence. He just tried to take one quick single too many.
Old April 15, 2008, 06:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default heatttttttt

Hope this heat takes away the bird flue Ash has in him
which is not letting him perform well