facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2009, 11:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Only alternative we have for replacing Ash from captaincy is Mash.
He has the experience and the discipline to do the job.
Since he is going to stay as captain until the end of WI tour he might as well try to capitalize the opportunity. If history continues to repeat itself he will do okay as captain but will do a lousy job in leadership. To lift a team like ours we need a strong leader along with a captain.

Old February 8, 2009, 05:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
i think mushi is the one to take the captaincy from ash. what happens if shakib is a bad captain. his bowl and bat performance will go down the drain. keeper captains are usually suceessful. if they really want shakib as captain bcb should organize more a team tours and more domestic matches where shakib will lead to really be able to see his potential. they should do the same with other potential captains including the likes of mushfiq and also abdur razzak

i totally agree !
Old February 8, 2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

what where there gonna put rahim as captain???
lolololol
Old February 8, 2009, 06:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

No, I think Ash's problm is his batting.
If he had batted like Sakib no 1 would have criticized his captaincy.
Anyway it's good that Rahim is not the captain.
But I believe till WI series if Mushfq perfrms well in both Odi & test and if Ash remains the same
then it will be Mushfqr the captain.
Old February 8, 2009, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Mushy is only 20 yrs of age, but looks younger. If Ash is removed as captain, then only Mash can be the captain. IMO, they should keep Ash until the end of the year, then make Sakib the captain.
Mash can be out of the team due to injury, Mushy is too inexperienced at the moment, Sakib might not want it for another year.
Their best bet is retaining Ashraful for another year. Under his captaincy, they have performed better in the test matches last year and this year against SL, they have not suffered those humiliating innings defeat. they have won matches against the WI, NZ and SL, why rock the boat by changing captains? Bad move by BCCI. look what has happened to England, change of captain handed them an innings defeat in the first test match against WI.
Old February 8, 2009, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think to keep the momentum , ash had to stay captain. He may not be in his best batting form, but as a captain, I fail to see much faults. I know many would say he is not the best captain etc etc. But wat options do we have???mash may be a probable, but at the moment ash is a better choice.
Old February 8, 2009, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

No surprise there. The Village Idiot is rewarded for one more year and the slow poisoning will continue.

Change in the team comes in different forms and different doeses. Usually Team start penalizing non performing team players first, if that doesn't work, penalize the non performing team leaders, if it still doesn't work they penalize the coach.... and finally the axe comes to the management.

Looks like the managment and the coach is taking their own career at risk by giving this "Village Idiot" chance after chance. So when the change will come in BD team, it would be wholesale change. Its not the captain who will be axed only, it will be the coasch and the BCB management who with loose their jobs along with this village Idiot.

Not bad.... I can wait one more year... and continue to watch the tamasha as the team will continue to bleed (slowly) one more year.... but I am hoping at the end all these chaos, all the racals will be gone for good.

Last edited by Fazal; February 8, 2009 at 09:17 AM..
Old February 8, 2009, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Bangladesh cricket

Ashraful to continue as Bangladesh captain

Cricinfo staff

February 8, 2009

There was good news for Mohammad Ashraful and Mashrafe Mortaza, who recently were signed up by IPL teams © AFP

Mohammad Ashraful will continue as Bangladesh's captain until the conclusion of the tour of West Indies in July-August. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) directors decided to retain Ashraful despite his poor form but identified Mashrafe Mortaza, the vice-captain, and wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim as prospective leaders.

"The selection of captain and vice-captain was an important issue in the meeting and after a discussion the board decided to continue with [Mohammad] Ashraful and Mashrafe [Mortaza] as captain and vice-captain until the next tour of West Indies in July-August," BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus told the Daily Star. The pressure to sack Ashraful has been growing, with the captain having failed with the bat. The team, however, has been able to challenge higher-ranked teams, beating Sri Lanka and New Zealand in ODIs in the past year, but their inconsistent performances prevented them from gaining series wins.

"We also considered Mashrafe, in terms of seniority, and Mushfiqur Rahim, for his maturity, as prospective candidates for the captaincy. Both are captaining their respective club sides in the Dhaka Premier League this season, but the board wants to give them more time to grow in the role. Their captaincy in the Premier League will be monitored and observed by the board."

Read the rest of the story on CI
Old February 8, 2009, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB taking advice from Siddons. That says it all. I was quite surprise to learn that Siddons is in Bangladesh. This is the first time it happend or BCB showed some spine by letting him know he could take permanent vacation
Ash who did not learn anything after playing 8 years international cricket would be the leader. Ash who could not play according to the situation is the captain. Still we expect our youngster would learn from their experience and play according to situtation. In which world BCB and fans are living.
Old February 8, 2009, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
BCB taking advice from Siddons. That says it all. I was quite surprise to learn that Siddons is in Bangladesh. This is the first time it happend or BCB showed some spine by letting him know he could take permanent vacation
Ash who did not learn anything after playing 8 years international cricket would be the leader. Ash who could not play according to the situation is the captain. Still we expect our youngster would learn from their experience and play according to situtation. In which world BCB and fans are living.
Apney ki rager mathay ai shob bollen? shatti ki 8 year a ash ektu hoilao kichu shekey nai? please watch wc2003 and wc2007... and then decide... lol some time we go over board while making our point...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; February 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM..
Old February 8, 2009, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Apney ki rager mathay ai shob bollen? shatti ki 8 year a ash ektu hoilao kichu shekey nai? please watch wc2003 and wc2007... and then decide... lol some time we go over boeard while making our point...
Ok get the point. He learned better English. But in terms of batting he learned nothing. Compare his 2nd international innings, that century in ctg, 94 against England and that 80 odd in WC 2007. All full of extraordinary unbeliveble shots. I never doubted his talent but doubted his skill to translate those talent into tangible something and for that part learning comes
Old February 8, 2009, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Ok get the point. He learned better English. But in terms of batting he learned nothing. Compare his 2nd international innings, that century in ctg, 94 against England and that 80 odd in WC 2007. All full of extraordinary unbeliveble shots. I never doubted his talent but doubted his skill to translate those talent into tangible something and for that part learning comes
yeah i feel the same... man when i see him getting out playing reverse swip or some stupid shot when a 20+ score could have won us the TEST... Some times I also feel that this gadha will never learn...

But we as a fan we have to take him as he is. if will play like that and if it works then great but if it doesn't then of well go skib go... Now we have more players to depend on so let him play they way he knows... I have started thinking this way which has come me down a lot...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 8, 2009, 01:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
No surprise there. The Village Idiot is rewarded for one more year and the slow poisoning will continue.

Change in the team comes in different forms and different doeses. Usually Team start penalizing non performing team players first, if that doesn't work, penalize the non performing team leaders, if it still doesn't work they penalize the coach.... and finally the axe comes to the management.

Looks like the managment and the coach is taking their own career at risk by giving this "Village Idiot" chance after chance. So when the change will come in BD team, it would be wholesale change. Its not the captain who will be axed only, it will be the coasch and the BCB management who with loose their jobs along with this village Idiot.

Not bad.... I can wait one more year... and continue to watch the tamasha as the team will continue to bleed (slowly) one more year.... but I am hoping at the end all these chaos, all the racals will be gone for good.
Amen to that fazal. This has got to be the worst management of all times.
Old February 8, 2009, 01:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

As much as I would like to see Ashraful removed from his captaincy duties, there is no other viable candidate for the job right now. Masrafe Mortaza would be my second choice but I don't think BCB wants to mess with his form too much. Mushfiqur as the captain is a joke. He's a borderline international player right now so he has to prove first of all that he can play at this level consistently. Bottom line, we're just going to have to bite the bullet on this one and hope that Ashraful grows half a brain. If he can at least learn how to set his field then I will consider that a victory.
Old February 8, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i am not sure whether to laugh or to cry.

i like this decision if and only if we win at least 3-2 against Pakistan.

i am against this decision if anything worse than that happens.

i have noted key positive points in Ashraful's captaincy in the past, but i think we have given him way too many chances and he has made wayyy too many blunders in the past to justify making any more mistakes in the future.

things he can improve significantly upon:

1. Field Placement according to game situation

2. Rotation and timing of Bowling change according to game situation

3. his own batting

but i support this decision on one aspect from BCB, he has to consult four other players for game management, so when you look at it this way, it is a great decision. good job BCB
Old February 8, 2009, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

if ash can tune up his personal batting out in the middle, leaving him the captaincy wouldnt hurt
Old February 8, 2009, 07:42 PM
Test Cricketer

making someone else the captain is not a solution and it wont make the team any better...
Old February 8, 2009, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
making someone else the captain is not a solution and it wont make the team any better...
it can if it lifts pressure off ash and he learns to hold the bat right again
Old February 8, 2009, 10:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
it can if it lifts pressure off ash and he learns to hold the bat right again
or if he doesnt perform after he lose his captancy, it will be hard to make a spot for him in the squad, too many people are waiting to debut. They couldnt do any worse than ash. Still after all im gonna miss ash and feel sorry for him. im gonna cry the day ash loses his spot in odi squad. I hope he starts scoring, i will pray to allah.
Old February 9, 2009, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

In all honesty, he is off-form and made some pretty bad decisions. He has a stronger team than any other of his previous colleagues ever had but as he himself is off-form, it makes Ashraful look like a lame duck. Folks expect more from Sakib, Tamim, Mashrafee...even Raqibul than Ashraful these days. They know he is not even a shadow of himself.. not been able to score against Zimbabwe was the last straw. Yet again,, he can score runs and chances are he maybe back in form from his fresh T20 performances. But, I think Ashraful is now almost like Bashar's last days,,, occupying a space where he is not leading with the bat or ball. As far as BCB's decision.... what else can you expect from these jokers? The classic Bhanu mindset of,, "Dekhi na ki korey.."
Old February 9, 2009, 03:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

OO COMEONNNN.....not Ashraful Bashing again!

The admins seriously need to delete threads that go over the same topic every two days.
Old February 9, 2009, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

If someone is tired of Ash bashing comments, then I ask to see at the root cause of all this stuff. i.e. stop creating Ash's kissing A#$ type of thread that start poping up every four a days or every time he firts.

There is life after Ashraful you know. Let the fool continue to fool around as long as the other fools let him to do so. In the mean time it makes sense to open some threads and discuss more about recent performers in the league like Rony for example.
Old February 9, 2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
And remember the 5 strong joint captaincy policy. Ash is nothing more than a shadow captain.
Can you please enlighten me about this policy?
In any good organisation, there should always be a backup for existing one. And in cricket, vice captain is normally a shadow captain. However, a good captain always consults with senior and experienced players when it comes to vital decision making. At the moment we don’t have many experienced players than Ash in the team but I would like to see he is talking to likes of Mashrafe, Shakib, and Rahim before he makes important decisions.
Ideally, I think, a bowler makes a better captain because there is less pressures on individual performance for mistakes as bowlers errors are less magnified than batsmen errors.

Last edited by Peace; February 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM..
Old February 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If someone is tired of Ash bashing comments, then I ask to see at the root cause of all this stuff. i.e. stop creating Ash's kissing A#$ type of thread that start poping up every four a days or every time he firts.
Mate, I haven't seen one of those fan boyish thread for a long time. Could you go easy on the "Anti thesis of fanboy"-type posts now? We know you'd like smash Ash's gonads and make him drink it. So you don't need to announce it to us all the time.

Although if the fanboys make a return, feel free to balance it out.

Ciao.
Old February 9, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Mate, I haven't seen one of those fan boyish thread for a long time. Could you go easy on the "Anti thesis of fanboy"-type posts now? We know you'd like smash Ash's gonads and make him drink it. So you don't need to announce it to us all the time.

Although if the fanboys make a return, feel free to balance it out.

Ciao.
Siraji,

I am free to voice my opinion, and so do you. But what you cannot do is stop my voice here just because it annoys you or some other fan.

Please feel free to ignore my comment if it hurts your feeling, but please don't ask silly request in a public message board to not to express my opinion.

And talking about balancing it out? I am doing my part ..ie. . I am one of the few who is balancing it out by exposing this "Village Idiot"'s true picture and the harm he is doing to the team. Just look ..and count.... how many ash thread grows like mashroom every month?

Last edited by Fazal; February 9, 2009 at 09:43 PM..