facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 22, 2009, 02:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful
Default Time is running out

"............Hayden rejected the ICC's Future Tours Programme and instead proposed a world series of the top eight teams on a rolling calendar with finals every two years. He said Zimbabwe and Bangladesh's dismal Test records disqualified them from the Test championship. Bangladesh's only two Test wins have come against a second-string West Indies side, missing senior players who were on strike. "When a team like Australia play a team like Bangladesh in a Test series, you've got problems. It can't be fun for the underdogs and it's no challenge for the favourites. Just as importantly, it's not a good spectacle."

Hayden said the core of the Test championship would be the iconic series - the Ashes and India v Pakistan. "They should stay as five-match series. Aside from those ties, teams are pooled in two groups, with everyone playing each other and scoring points for wins, draws and series wins, and picking up bonus points for stand-out batting and bowling performances. The leading two in each group would progress to semi-finals and a final, the other would enter a rankings play-off system.
"This way, every game means something - even the dead rubber at the end of a series between two lesser sides. Every Test fits into a bigger picture that adds up to a championship. It gives players something to aim for, fans a format they can follow, and commercial stakeholders with something that's compact and exciting. By changing Test cricket into something more relevant and therefore more marketable, additional revenue is generated. More revenue in the sport is good for everyone, including players and the ability of the game to develop." -------------------------------
Hayden suggests scrapping Champions Trophy
Cricinfo staff
August 22, 2009

Bangladesh may have won first ever away test against weakend WI. It may be a positive sign for BD, but it hasn't won the world respect as yet and rightly so. Time is against us. If we fail to capitalise in coming 2 test series (one against India and other against Eng at home), we will have very little to show the world and the critics that we are the good prospect and a team to recon. The responsibility not only on our players, it also fall on our cricket management.We do not have pool of good cricketers. What happened to "pace haunt" program? Where is bowling (pace) coach? How many talent have we identified as a future prospect for our cricket?
I hope cricket boss/sport authority foresee the prospect of cricket in Bangladesh.
Old August 22, 2009, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Link? I'm assuming this is Matthew Hayden...

To be honest, that change will only come about if the weaker teams continue to under-perform. It's a stupid time writer the article after Bangladesh showed some improvement. It's just too drastic a change at the moment. Doubt this will be happening any time soon.
Old August 22, 2009, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Link? I'm assuming this is Matthew Hayden...

To be honest, that change will only come about if the weaker teams continue to under-perform. It's a stupid time writer the article after Bangladesh showed some improvement. It's just too drastic a change at the moment. Doubt this will be happening any time soon.
Heres the link: http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/co...ry/421026.html
Old August 22, 2009, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
Heres the link: http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/co...ry/421026.html
Thanks bud.
Old August 22, 2009, 02:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I would play New Zealand any day with this team. Don't Hayden know that Gayle prefers short labor and big money.
Old August 22, 2009, 03:16 AM
Forever Bangy

Let Hayden have his wet dream. It's never gonna happen.
Old August 22, 2009, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

who cares about that big mouth rascal, he needs some attention so picked up cheap easy shot
Old August 22, 2009, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
who cares about that big mouth rascal, he needs some attention so picked up cheap easy shot
It runs in Aussie blood, he has been out of limelight for a while now, and needs to talk some rubbish to re snatch it. the next thing you will see, this human like Shrek will be writig a book.
Old August 22, 2009, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
It runs in Aussie blood, he has been out of limelight for a while now, and needs to talk some rubbish to re snatch it. the next thing you will see, this human like Shrek will be writig a book.
Yeah that'll probably happen
Old August 22, 2009, 04:06 AM
Club Cricketer

shudnt listen to any of these aussies.
Old August 22, 2009, 04:11 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Who is Hayden?
Old August 22, 2009, 04:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Old August 22, 2009, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ahms; I think we have gone past that stage, where we are always tensed before every series; that if we don't do well here we are going to lose the test status. Firstly There is no such policiy of taking away test status & our status isn't conditional. If ICC can take away status; WI is at a much more serious situation than us.

Wheather Heyden cares or not doesn't matter. Every explayer can have their own opinions and that doesn't mean anything more than an explayer's opinion.
Old August 22, 2009, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Ahms; I think we have gone past that stage, where we are always tensed before every series; that if we don't do well here we are going to lose the test status. Firstly There is no such policiy of taking away test status & our status isn't conditional. If ICC can take away status; WI is at a much more serious situation than us.

Wheather Heyden cares or not doesn't matter. Every explayer can have their own opinions and that doesn't mean anything more than an explayer's opinion.
Agree,
Old August 22, 2009, 10:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

I agree with you in most part. But, issue is not whether losing test status. I am only pointing out our sorry test-status. I want BD to pass that stage and go into competative stage. I am 100% sure our players can do better against any top ranking team. They can do even better in Bangladesh, specially against the team like England/Newzealand. We should take full advantage of it.
Old August 22, 2009, 07:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful Tamim,SharWardI

I never heard of A player call Hayden in Australian team in my life! was he any good at all?? can some one tell me please
Old August 22, 2009, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawsar
I never heard of A player call Hayden in Australian team in my life! was he any good at all?? can some one tell me please
me neither.
Old August 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I understand reason of anger from Hyden. Look at this pictures-

Bangladesh players celebrate the run out of Matthew Hayden, Bangladesh v Australia, 1st Test, Fatullah, 4th day, April 12, 2006

Matthew Hayden was dismissed for 6, Bangladesh v Australia, 1st Test, Fatullah, 2nd day, April 10, 2006

Shahadat appeals against Hayden

Mashrafe Mortaza is delighted after dismissing Matthew Hayden, Bangladesh v Australia, 1st Test, Fatullah, 2nd day, April 10, 2006

Photobucket

Hayden bolwed by Nazmul
Old August 22, 2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

Hayden bolwed by Nazmul
Was fortunate to watch live this match. Nazmul was on motion that day along with our Mr. Eid. What a great day that was!

Thanks for the clip BD-S bhai.
Old August 22, 2009, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Was fortunate to watch live this match. Nazmul was on motion that day along with our Mr. Eid. What a great day that was!

Thanks for the clip BD-S bhai.
i love this match
Old August 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Regardless whatever Hayden said; The next two test series is very important for us that is against India and England. International Media always follows series of England and India with utmost attention. So, any positive or negative will have a big impact while playing against them.

At the end of the day, result is always matter, and we need to start winning against strong teams. It really hurts the past test matches against Pak, Aus, SA and most recent NZ. Win on those matches could have made our voice really high. We would not have to say, we are improving, we could have able to show the stats of WIN.
Old August 22, 2009, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Regardless whatever Hayden said; The next two test series is very important for us that is against India and England. International Media always follows series of England and India with utmost attention. So, any positive or negative will have a big impact while playing against them.

At the end of the day, result is always matter, and we need to start winning against strong teams. It really hurts the past test matches against Pak, Aus, SA and most recent NZ. Win on those matches could have made our voice really high. We would not have to say, we are improving, we could have able to show the stats of WIN.
Agree, and we should stay focus on up comming game, no giving away.
Old August 22, 2009, 09:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Hayden, a key member of the Chennai Super Kings franchise, said no international cricket should be played during the proposed two-month window of the IPL, which according to him had brought the game to a "tipping point". "The IPL has the ability to generate international fan bases in the same way as achieved by the English football's Premier League. I believe some IPL matches should go on the road each year and be played in other countries, to make it a global competition. The sooner the world of cricket embraces the IPL, the sooner everyone can find ways to benefit from its massive potential."
Its all about IPL and T20. Getting rid of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to create more gaps in calender for IPL. Hayden and Warne took a lot of money from this indian guy with glasses...sorry cant remember his name (the one who was checking pritty zintas behind...ya him).
Old August 22, 2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Its all about IPL and T20. Getting rid of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to create more gaps in calender for IPL. Hayden and Warne took a lot of money from this indian guy with glasses...sorry cant remember his name (the one who was checking pritty zintas behind...ya him).
Spot on Mohammed bhai. Money talks!
Old August 23, 2009, 11:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHID AFRIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

rightly said

although i would like two groups of test playing nations(8 top teams in one and 8 lower ranking teams in other) with two teams from each group canges every two year

it will mean 16 test plyaing nation with compition at its best and also you gain reward for your good performance by promotion in top group and and the two teams who are at 7,8 in top group will fall in lower group

it means better record for bangladesh