facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 26, 2004, 06:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Default guys still we can hope BD will win next game

i hope we will do batter the last game even thoug we could win

[Edited on 26-7-2004 by rana]
Old July 26, 2004, 07:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

The chances of winning are extremely slim. Pakistan, usually, are easiest to beat when they are overconfident...right now they have their backs to wall (in terms of points) and are desperate to win and win well.

All is not lost however, we can aim for several targets:

1) Ash to continue batting well (i.e. he ought to get another 50)
2) good bowling for Razzaq and Rafiq
3) Not allowing Pakistan to get the bonus point (meaningless for us, but could help our morale a bit)

and some highly unlikely aims:
3) soms runs fom Bashar and Kapali.
Old July 26, 2004, 07:36 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha
The chances of winning are extremely slim. Pakistan, usually, are easiest to beat when they are overconfident...right now they have their backs to wall (in terms of points) and are desperate to win and win well.
I differ in this point. In today's match Srilanka is going to play their second string team.No Murali or Vas as far as I know. So if India able to beat this Srilanka (A) team then Pak Bd match will be just a formality.In that case Pak may not take that game seriously & this is where we have to take that opportunity.
Old July 26, 2004, 09:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
I differ in this point. In today's match Srilanka is going to play their second string team.No Murali or Vas as far as I know. So if India able to beat this Srilanka (A) team then Pak Bd match will be just a formality.In that case Pak may not take that game seriously & this is where we have to take that opportunity.
hmm...had not thought of that. Our chances are not as slim as i thought...nevertheless, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rana
i hope we will do batter the last game even thoug we could win

[Edited on 26-7-2004 by rana]
no way at all,

frustuated with the luck lusture conintous performances

just try to avoid 10/9/8 wicket loss or 150/180/200/220 runs loss

no miracle will happen

always keep in mind in which way pakis defeated india............
Old July 27, 2004, 02:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha

All is not lost however, we can aim for several targets:

1) Ash to continue batting well (i.e. he ought to get another 50)
2) good bowling for Razzaq and Rafiq
3) Not allowing Pakistan to get the bonus point (meaningless for us, but could help our morale a bit)

and some highly unlikely aims:
3) soms runs fom Bashar and Kapali.
solutions are always there, but doesnt matter if the players dont have the capacity to learn from experience
Old July 27, 2004, 01:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Pakistan is out of contention for the final as India defeated Sri Lanka by 4 runs in the closest match of this Asia Cup on 27 July.

Now Pakistan will not have the motivation of playing to reach the final. BD has the opportunity to play against a team which will be dispirited and it offers BD as good a chance as any against them in their match on 29 th. It remains to be seen if BD can capitalise on it.
Old July 27, 2004, 01:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Or they might decide to take their disappointment out on us. Either way I expect the Tigers to fight all the way!

Quote:
Originally posted by potshot
Pakistan is out of contention for the final as India defeated Sri Lanka by 4 runs in the closest match of this Asia Cup on 27 July.

Now Pakistan will not have the motivation of playing to reach the final. BD has the opportunity to play against a team which will be dispirited and it offers BD as good a chance as any against them in their match on 29 th. It remains to be seen if BD can capitalise on it.
Old July 27, 2004, 02:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh have a chance against Pakistan, as this match will not determine anything, for Pakistan (hint of 1999 WC), when Pakistan already through to the Super-Six played Bangladesh, but this time we will see a more agression from our team, although it will come in the 11th hour when it does not matter the most.

As long as there is a perfomrance to shut up the critics, then I and majority of the people will be satisfied by their performance.
Old July 27, 2004, 03:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
Bangladesh have a chance against Pakistan, as this match will not determine anything, for Pakistan (hint of 1999 WC), when Pakistan already through to the Super-Six played Bangladesh, but this time we will see a more agression from our team, although it will come in the 11th hour when it does not matter the most.

As long as there is a perfomrance to shut up the critics, then I and majority of the people will be satisfied by their performance.
I also think like 1999 WC.
Old July 27, 2004, 05:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I also think like 1999 WC.
unfortunately they are thinking the same thing...so they will be on their guard.

However slim our chances, we have to grab it now. Otherwise our critics will only talk louder.
Old July 27, 2004, 08:26 PM

I cant believe people are counting on Pak low motivation!
This comment came from Dev Whatmore for the first place(I think).
It shows how desperate our team management that they had
to come up with such comment to the press as well as "motivate" our team.
Counting on those thing, like expecting some kind accident in someone's favor,
which don't happen so often.
As a BD fan I don't like these kind of attitude.
Old July 27, 2004, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I totally agree with you, PoorFan. Dreaming on Pak team to be low motivated so that we could sneak a win is a disgrace to a team's mindset. This kind of mental attitude is unwanted. It only proves how far we got stooped down with lack of self-confidence and fighting spirit.
Old July 27, 2004, 09:37 PM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

i guess bangladesh will win the last game.

pakistan r already out of the tornament and they will be angry and frustrated and will play loose shots. also they wont be able to give 100% in their bowling as well.
Old July 27, 2004, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
I totally agree with you, PoorFan. Dreaming on Pak team to be low motivated so that we could sneak a win is a disgrace to a team's mindset. This kind of mental attitude is unwanted. It only proves how far we got stooped down with lack of self-confidence and fighting spirit.
Yes, exactly you said.
Old July 28, 2004, 12:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
And just wondering what ll b our excuse if we failed to beat a "demoralized" Pakistan (Allah-na-koruk). If we have to wait for our oponents to be demoralized in order to beat them, then whats the point of competing at this (test) level?
Old July 28, 2004, 09:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Cricket is played as much in mind as in the field. Every team tries to have the psychological upper hand over its opposition. Even the strongest team viz. Australia resort to "mental disintegration" to demoralise their opposition before their matches. A team has to take advantage of any real and percieved weaknesses of its opposition be it their technical unpreparedness against certain ploys, mental unpreparedness before a match, injury to their key players etc.

As for BD counting on the dispiritedness of Pak to win, it is the fact that BD has rarely if ever stood a chance against a keyed up major cricket team. There are persons who refuse to admit this, but this is the truth and must be admitted.
Old July 28, 2004, 09:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Personally I just wana see Pakistan having to play all their hearts out to get rid of defeat against BD!!

and about win... i dont think the team has 'emotional fitness' for any win yet !!

Even if they win against Pak in next match.. it will come more from luck & opposition's failure than ability of our own team!

call me critic or whatever.. the team needs serious Psychological workouts!
Old July 28, 2004, 12:12 PM
Club Cricketer

No thread yet for the BD v Pak Asia cup match on 29-7-04? Looks like everyone has finally learnt not to expect much in this match.
Old July 28, 2004, 04:57 PM
Test Cricketer

guys don.t worry we will do batter
Old July 28, 2004, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

All I want to see if we bat first is basically put up decent score on the board around 240 to 260 would be an excellent score. From there on our bowlers could finish up the rest! You know what I mean? A win!
Old July 28, 2004, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

the only solution left for us is to stop following BD cricket and forget the pain and suffering.
Old July 28, 2004, 10:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
the only solution left for us is to stop following BD cricket and forget the pain and suffering.

yeh you are right
Old July 29, 2004, 01:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

This match is not about winning or losing but more about being competitive to the level of the seniors in the tourney. The onus is on our batsmen to atleast put up a decent total. The openers really should try and survive the first 15 overs even if they are scoring 3 runs an over. Our batmen don't have the caliber to go all out during the first 15 overs a la the more accomplished teams around today - a strategy pioneered by Sri Lanka during the 96 World Cup. It took other teams quite a while to master this particular approach and we shouldn't expect our famished batsmen to do the same.
Old July 29, 2004, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Default most pathetic top order of whole entire test arena

I know you will tell that Zimbos and lankans took several years..but our top order is most pathetic...they had one or two like dilip or flowers...but we have none...